List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to teach him how to kick a set shot

That goes for everyone single one of our forwards honestly. McGovern is looking up to a guy like Tex whos set shots have just become worse and worse as time goes on.

Honestly the Crows need to go find a coach who can teach set shots and dedicate SERIOUS time to it. Not just a 1/2 hour every week. We need to overhaul the set shot kicking of our entire list.

We should actually go and get sports scientists involved. If they can help swimmers swim more efficiently they'd be able to work out the optimal set shot biomechanics for each player based on their dimensions.

That goes for everyone single one of our forwards honestly. McGovern is looking up to a guy like Tex whos set shots have just become worse and worse as time goes on.

Honestly the Crows need to go find a coach who can teach set shots and dedicate SERIOUS time to it. Not just a 1/2 hour every week. We need to overhaul the set shot kicking of our entire list.

We should actually go and get sports scientists involved. If they can help swimmers swim more efficiently they'd be able to work out the optimal set shot biomechanics for each player based on their dimensions.
Ballet or tai chi

Lyons is the only bloke we'd get anything of worth for. CEY and Grigg would be 3rd rounders at best and there is 0% chance either of Douglas or Mackay accept a trade out of Adelaide.
Lyons to North was the first trend. It may stick that way.

After last nights's Brownlow speech Dangerfield realised that he really wants to play for the AFC. Has requested a trace back to Adelaide for 1sr round pick this year, 2nd round pick next year and Dean Gore. Done deal to Adelaide.

Confirmed by Mark Evans!

We don't need another mid who can't kick. Pass.

After last nights's Brownlow speech Dangerfield realised that he really wants to play for the AFC. Has requested a trace back to Adelaide for 1sr round pick this year, 2nd round pick next year and Dean Gore. Done deal to Adelaide.

Confirmed by Mark Evans!

There's actually a clause in his contract that say's he can dissolve it if the rest of his teammates prove to be little bitches. The final vs the Swans triggered it so now, ironically, Danger is going to come back to us as a free agent.

So you are in the spending of future pick one brigade now or this years?
this years. Next years only if necessary. Would want to be a big name player. Im not for sacrificing the future for HArtlett.

Every time we hear of Tredrea's recent involvement with a certain player, their form/goal kicking skyrockets.

I say make him an offer he can't refuse, to go full time at the AFC.

Every time we hear of Tredrea's recent involvement with a certain player, their form/goal kicking skyrockets.

I say make him an offer he can't refuse, to go full time at the AFC.

He actually did do some training with Tex I believe, I heard him mention it once. I don't know if it was a one off thing or how long ago it was though.

this years. Next years only if necessary. Would want to be a big name player. Im not for sacrificing the future for HArtlett.
kjGkaFcsz1-6ZIgYx3BGKrDGeib9mplB3QyQhSrmwi3nj4lH1q7L8CQ4UDeDC31PaZNXJY17DXMN9_HdWJO48mK3LMs59Pj5cNhUxPIi6fomr2ixeovCgGVbOAFOR3VjfZ0T=w320-h213-nc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-27/former-cocaptain-among-three-delisted-dees

Jack Grimes as a DFA I would take, like his hardness at the contest...he's a definite yes for me, costs zero bar a bit of cap space.
Still performing at a high standard in the VFL

2016 Season

1 Played in Casey intra-club.
2 Played in VFL trial against Box Hill.
3 Senior emergency.
4 VFL Drifted all over the ground on way to 27 touches, seven marks and two goals. -
5 VFL Unable to get anything going on a disappointing night against the Seagulls. -
6 VFL Won his fair share of the ball without being a standout. -
7 VFL One of Casey’s best in thumping win over the Blues. -
8 Senior emergency.
9 VFL Slow start but worked into game to be one of the best in final three terms. 35 touches. -
10 VFL Bye. -
11 VFL Did well again, especially around the stoppages where Casey got on top. -
12 VFL In and out of the game, but did well in patches. 15 disposals. -
13 VFL Gave forwards plenty of supply with seven inside-50s. -
14 VFL Bye. -
15 VFL Another impressive showing that should lead to a belated call-up. 28 touches. -
16 Frem Back in team and racked up great numbers but needs to move the ball on quicker at times. 7
17 StK Indecisive with ball in hand, hesitant at the contest and looked to be running on a treadmill. 2
18 VFL Relishes this level and again was strong on a wing. 31 touches. -
19 VFL Another big showing and will have impressed potential suitors. 40 touches. -
20 VFL Again big numbers in VFL. Won own ball and was good on outside. -
21 VFL Continued VFL domination on a wing with another 42 touches. -
22 VFL Big numbers again on a wing in defeat to Geelong. 36 possessions. -
23 VFL 28 possessions again and might be a value Liston Trophy bet.

Well that's an option... not a very smart option but an option I guess :drunk:
Holy toledo this amazes me. I guess I need to understand what your end game is if you just keep going to the draft?

Going to the middle of the draft year after year has won NO-ONE ANYTHING EVER. I'd go further than just trading our 1st round picks, I'd be willing to trade some of our up-and-coming and existing talent to get us one flag. Why do we want to just develop all these youngsters to see them constantly going to where the pointy end resides?

FFS load up for one real crack at it - or just keep hoping that we get into the finals and do something amazing? I can feel the drop-kicks poised to use WB 2016 as an example. But those same people won't admit that the WB path is nothing like the AFC path. WB have gone to the bottom and built from there. Saints have done the same - and probably Collingwood too.

Geelong tried to reload with the 'sell the draft picks for players' strategy, and did much better than I thought they would but still came up short. The problem they had was that they added some players to a group that was ageing and diminishing. Now they have no real choice for the next two years but to try and make hay while PD is still shining.

AFC have been pushed back by draft sanctions and come through it with a great core of talent through some great (and lucky) drafting and trading, that needs to be capitalised on. NOW.

I just think Selwood makes the team he is in better.
If you take away the ducking and world record free stuff - Selwood is pretty much what you want in a midfielder. Hard as nails, good user, great leader - genuinely hates to lose a contest ... but when he wins one he takes that advantage and passes it on. Selwood will almost lift his team out of the mire to victory, he will sacrifice his own game and his body to get a win - Dangerfield doesn't / wouldn't / and won't.

If you take away the ducking and world record free stuff - Selwood is pretty much what you want in a midfielder. Hard as nails, good user, great leader - genuinely hates to lose a contest ... but when he wins one he takes that advantage and passes it on. Selwood will almost lift his team out of the mire to victory, he will sacrifice his own game and his body to get a win - Dangerfield doesn't / wouldn't / and won't.
Cant agree with that last bit, Danger is almost the only reason they got to where they did this year.

He lifted them on his shoulders several times and IMO is easily the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back