Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Two years ago.
It was a 5 year contract ? :eek: .....guess that was before Silvani came back to Carlton, who obviously has a different viewpoint now to the previous list Manager .......suggest Carlton initiated, not player initiated .....despite public appearances

Bit like the sacked player, that announces he no longer has the drive for arduous PS training, and has decided to retire

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
He did? .....not being too serious here, but given Carlton only won 7 games for the season ....it wasn't often ;)

He had a cracking first half of the season.
If we get him we play him in the 2s for the first half of the year to DeCarltonise and let Dmac warm his spot, then bang Gibbs at full throttle going into finals.

whitey_1975

Premiership Player
Oct 3, 2007
Around the Bend
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
All OZ BBallerz,PPenguins,CBengals
Too old. Too fat.

Nah, I really wish we would give him a go. But he has no worth on the.open market.
Your probably right but that would be my top offer if I was the crows (Carlton are apparently interested in him) I would offer 13 alone then Grigg as "steak knives".

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're thinking Gibbs 4 years ago, this year he became a game winning elite mid.

You can't deny that.

I'm sorry but I can deny that. I watched a lot more Carlton games than most this year and I've gone back and rewatched quite a few since the Gibbs rumors started up.

When I rewatched the Rockliff games my opinion of him went up.

When I watched the Gibbs game my opinion of him went down.

He was soft, he was a one way runner and he wasn't game breaking on a consistent basis. When the blues were doing well Gibbs looked good, but when they started to struggle his damage just fell away.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
His wife comes back to Adelaide a lot, now they are parents with both of their families here hopefully they want to move back.

Bryce's dad was a great footballer and I think he played about 350 wafl/SANFL games over about 13 years from memory, hopefully Bryce takes after his dad in games played!
That seems very logical

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Your probably right but that would be my top offer if I was the crows (Carlton are apparently interested in him) I would offer 13 alone then Grigg as "steak knives".

Isnt he uncontracted though?
Do we have any control over what Grigg does?

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I think we're drafting pretty well so I'd back our team in to get another gun at that spot and that gun will be playing for years after Gibbs retires. That's called smart list management.

And how does that 2016 draftee help us win a flag in 2017/18 by being a top three midfielder in our side in those years?

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
When I watched the Gibbs game my opinion of him went down.

He was soft, he was a one way runner and he wasn't game breaking on a consistent basis. When the blues were doing well Gibbs looked good, but when they started to struggle his damage just fell away.
Which games did you watch? he looked really good against the cats.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
He had a cracking first half of the season.
If we get him we play him in the 2s for the first half of the year to DeCarltonise and let Dmac warm his spot, then bang Gibbs at full throttle going into finals.
Lol. Are you seriously suggesting that Gibbs would start in our SANFL side and Mackay would continue in the seniors in his stead. You're taking the piss, surely?

CONTINUED IN PART 3:
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-free-agency-trades-draft-thread-part-3.1147199/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back