List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

to be even fairer, cheney has been pretty serviceable for costing us almost nothing.
I previously had zero time for Cheney but thought he was fantastic for us this year. Lowden may not have played but Jacobs proved more resilient than most ruckmen. Considering they were both pretty much free, you have to see it as a successful trade.

Do not wants Gibbs. Not what we need in the slightest
Really ?? Care to state why ?? Or other potential candidates you would prefer ?? I think he would be a great addition and exactly the player we need to add to our midfield. Hoping there is actually some substance to the rumours regarding this trade.

To be fair, the year we walked away with Cheney and Lowden was the year we didn't want to leave the show without a showbag.
I think the problem with that one was we went back and forth with Schoenmakers instead of Cheney in that deal, who eventually said no and we settled for Cheney to salvage it.

In the end it worked out with Cheney, but that was a definite consolation prize at the time.

Seriously beyond our Club and even that's debatable there are a few posters that are clueless or understand the value of other players and how trades work.

Either that or some new 2016 Crows posters are potentially Port trolls.

Interesting relationship of joining BF in 2016 being proportional to lack of understanding of players value and trades.

Suppose we don't get Gibbs. What are we gonna do? It seems to me that we need to find a mid from somewhere.

Do not wants Gibbs. Not what we need in the slightest

One glaring deficiency in our team is in the mid, Thommo all but gone, we want to win a flag yet youre not interested in one of the best Mids in the league. Not sure of your suggestions on how to strengthen the team, yes both crouches a year on will be better but Gibbs sets up play, if we think our team is a chance at the flag next year although I wouldn't want to give our 1 st pick away, it's a punt that probably needs to be taken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The vibe seems to be that so long as we can facilitate a good trade, the deal is done. Very little noise coming from either club, while journalists keep pushing the story. Scenarios like that rarely fizzle into nothing - sometimes, but rarely.
Tex has been spending a lot of time with Gibbs for fun otherwise

Spotted again over weekend together

Suppose we don't get Gibbs. What are we gonna do? It seems to me that we need to find a mid from somewhere.

If there is nothing available that is top quality you just need to draft the best mid available at our pick, and hope CEY and Wigg step up or maybe give smith a red hot go in the mid. Pointless trading for an honest player we have those already

Develop from within and go to free agency next year would be the back up plan

But I think the Gibbs thing is more chance than not
I hear what your saying but a lot of posters here (including me) don't want to waste 12 more months waiting for someone to step up. We are short on horsepower in the middle, how many games did we lose this year because if this?

The sydney final showed it up badly, they monstered us in the first q. Rockliff and Gibbs (yes...I want BOTH) would make a massive difference - Rockliff in the heat of the battle and Gibbs with awesome disposal on the outside. Then next year we can ADD to this with FA.

It's called making hay while the sun shines.

I hear what your saying but a lot of posters here (including me) don't want to waste 12 more months waiting for someone to step up. We are short on horsepower in the middle, how many games did we lose this year because if this?

The sydney final showed it up badly, they monstered us in the first q. Rockliff and Gibbs (yes...I want BOTH) would make a massive difference - Rockliff in the heat of the battle and Gibbs with awesome disposal on the outside. Then next year we can ADD to this with FA.

It's called making hay while the sun shines.
Hey I'm just retelling what I think the clubs plan is

It's not my plan

They have free agency in sight and are confident re Gibbs

Develop from within and go to free agency next year would be the back up plan

But I think the Gibbs thing is more chance than not

I think there's some potential in our side to make up the difference, IMO Greenwood has real potential as a mid and we'll know pretty quickly if he's going to make it, Cameron and Milera I think will also start to spend more time through the midfield, plus obviously going to the draft. The issue is, as with previously we're relying purely on player development, which is what we've done in the past whilst our top 8 opponents actively go out and strengthen their lists through trades.

That's bull unless Gibbs was in Byron Bay.

Stories suggested he was

Someone posted on the Gibbs thread that Tex and Gibbs had a 20 min coffee and it wasn't a mate chat. It was about where Gibbs was at etc.... Guy said he was sitting next to them in a coffee shop and could hear what was being said. And he said it was Byron

A lot of talk about Harry Dear going to the Hawks over in their thread (boy they're arrogant). Not sure where it came from. Haven't seen much of him, but is this something we should be worried about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back