List Mgmt. 2016 Free Agency/Trades/Draft thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see. Hadnt heard of him till 5 minutes ago when his name mysteriously cropped up on our board.

Just watched his WAFL highlights. How the **** did he slip to 41? Looks very good. Good mark, long accurate kick, bit of mongrel. Tad undersized at 191 though.

Dont know how he is internally rated though or whatever. Dont take it as an insult.

From my understanding, it hasnt come from our club (we havent initiated it). It sounds like the club think that maybe your blokes have dropped Gibbs a call.

Like, the club thinks there might be a bit of fire behind the smoke.
By reports, Gibbs himself has initiated this - not Afc.

Oh yeah, I wasnt being a dick - I just honestly hadnt heard of him till his name cropped up on our board 5 minutes ago.

I agree, he looks bloody good on WAFL form (Youtube highlights admittedly). Good mark, great leap, good kick, mongrel. Cant see how he slid to 41 other than being a little undersized.
So you didn't watch any crow's games this year?

We need to bloody do something. Make some moves. Take some risks. I'm sick of being a middle of the road club. Never bottoming out and gaining the top picks and never winning it (for 18 years anyway).

Hanging on to pick 13 is a lottery. Trading it for someone proven is safer and fits our current need.

If you think replacing a 34 year old Thompson with a Rockliff is worse than taking a speculative pick in the draft for a player that MIGHT be good in 3-4 years, then I think you are happy with mediocrity.
quote-it-s-better-to-have-tried-and-failed-than-to-live-life-wondering-what-would-ve-happened-alfred-lord-tennyson-87-84-14.jpg

With all the rumours of us being linked to Rocky, Gibbs, Martin etc. and the fact that we haven't heard any further regarding Thommo's 1 year contract, it sounds like the club is working on something behind the scenes that hasn't been leaked to the media. I feel the club is playing a game and is leaking the information it wants leaked and I certainly wouldn't read too much in the comments the club has made regarding the trade targets.

I'm preparing myself to be surprised when it's announced that player X has requested a trade to Adelaide. Don't disappoint me!

This is exactly how I felt last year. And then Dean Gore happened :):thumbsu:

Menzel I agree, will always be a forward who could/should run through midfield. But I was excited by us picking up Hampton who I rate, and who is a midfielder but struggled to get a gig there at GWS.

I acknowledge that neither play a similar game to Gibbs currently, as Hampton plays back, Menzel forward, and at a different level. But I think all three are more "outside" than "inside" as in being not strong in the area of contested ball winning from clearances. And that's what we need to beat Sydney.

Rocky is that and a tackling beast. So my point is, do we need a Rocky or a Gibbs? I'd love both, but if it came to one over the other, for me, it's Rocky that will make us a better team.

My opinion, and also my opinion that Menzel and Hampton will run through the midfield for us, and we will be a "good" AFL team. Maybe even better ;-)
Hampton will NEVER be an AFL midfielder ever- bookmark it

Why? Are you suggesting we are going to be immune from injury, form?

Of course not.
Are you scared to have a crack ?

What is the worst case scenario? We don't win the flag this year next or the year after ?

What's the difference ?

We have literally 1 good player over 27 years old , we need some more

If it doesn't work out we still have plenty of good players under 25 for another crack

If I were list manager for a day: :cool:
Delist: VB, Lowden, Jensch, Thommo
Trade: Grigg for whatever we get (if anything)
Lyons for Second round pick,
Henderson for whatever we get (if anything)
Shop Douglas, McKay,wigg and Gore (doubt there will be any takers)

Try and trade Gibbs for 2017 1st round pick (I wouldn't give up much more than that)

Go to draft with 13, pick best available mid.
Upgrade o'brien
Draft: KPF, small forward to replace betts in a few years , pacy mid/wing, KPD

Save some cash and throw it at Dusty or Fyfe as a FA for 2017 (2017 might also see the end of Shaw, Otten, Gore ATS).

I'd also play youngsters (CEY, knight , Hampton, Milera, Menz) ahead of Douglas and McKay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If going for a premiership next year, absolutely a 27 year old Rockliff vs an 18 yo Lever.

Remember Lever captained vic metro as an underager before doing his knee. Otherwise was touted a top 3 pick. Is there another known gun slider that we can pick up? Or are you just making s**t up? I imagine it's the latter but am happy to be enlightened.
Jy Simpkin

What's everyone's thoughts on putting up a 'Rumours only' thread, so that every new bit of information we get to hear doesn't get lost within this thread? Like the 'Bluemour' thread for the Carlton board? Would make it easier to find the rumours
Isn't this thread for that? .......don't post any rumors in this thread and it would die ......everything is 99% rumor and comments on that rumor as fact?

Just started watching the early Richmond game this season .......first thing i see is Milera shirtfront Dusty Martin ......this Milera has a bit of physicality about him, just not all skill :)

Watched the first Showdown yesterday and Milera was worth creaming over .......if you need to be reminded how much of a pure "star" this player will be, go watch this game again

You can talk Rockliff, Gibbs, and Hartlett all you like .......Milera will eat them all for breakfast

Why would you trade Knight out who looks like a ten year player for three years of Gibbs?
I think Knight could be anything.
What I've seen has been good but I honestly don't think Knight has played enough games to formulate that opinion. Needs a full preseason and to hit round one flying. Has been hampered by setbacks both years.

Isn't this thread for that? .......don't post any rumors in this thread and it would die ......everything is 99% rumor and comments on that rumor as fact?
Think you've misunderstood me. Rumours only in said thread, discussion of rumours, as well as list management talk etc. in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back