Toast 2016 Geelong Board Poster of the Year - NOMINATIONS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The usual deep and vast field to choose from. Here goes nothing:

1. Willo_ - On one hand, would be great if he won. Always combines reason, common sense, plus insightful views on players and tactics. Good traits to have. Doesn't contribute anywhere near enough in my view.
2. Vdubs - On the other hand, would also be great if he won. The kind of measured and articulate supporter I'd love to be. As with Willo a great all around perspective on the club and footy in general.
3. BlightysCats - On a very different hand, would be absolutely hilarious if he won. For steadfast dedication to a particular cause, for point blank refusing to cower before lesser minds, plus of course the avatar. Would rank higher if not for being an urban hipster from Northcote, and therefore clearly a tosser.

Honourable mentions: Biggy_Boy, thejester, cynical, the not nearly frequent enough SJ, Pivo, and MC Extra Dollop. Special mention to Seeds, who I either agree completely with, or disagree violently with. There is nothing in between.

As per previous years, the level of knowledge on this board is pretty incredible. Stack it up against other boards and so called 'professionals' any day.

I nominate:

JUBJUB
Lana
dazbroncos

Good luck to the nominees.

On a personal note - Thanks for the more than 1250 likes for my posts over the last 12 months, it's always fun chatting with other Cats fans, and it's always nice to know what I contribute is appreciated by some.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I nominate:

JUBJUB
Lana
dazbroncos

Good luck to the nominees.

On a personal note - Thanks for the more than 1250 likes for my posts over the last 12 months, it's always fun chatting with other Cats fans, and it's always nice to know what I contribute is appreciated by some.

Appreciate the consideration BlakeyNoFlakey. However, Mods are not eligible for nomination. If you want to nominate someone else. feel free.

Go Catters

A very good, solid year by the usual crowd. I was going to go with Lana, for all the obvious reasons (I still can't figure out half the stats that are proposed, but with the intelligence behind them can only presume they are correct) - but Partridge now has an avatar that has me repeating 'San Francisco c***s***er' after every one of his posts. That pips the post and he takes the checkered flag.

1. Partridge
2. Lana
3. Blakey

I take offense to that - I'm no hipster!;)
No you're a

tumblr_n45bueSXRc1twrvw2o1_400.jpg

Top 50 posters since January 1 2016 - Geelong board

(first number column likes received, second number column likes given out)

Poster / Likes received / Likes given
Baudolino 1345 345

And here I was thinking that I was an uncaring, unfeeling, uncharitable monster who had literally never used the 'like' feature in his entire time on the forum. Turns out I was wrong about that and that. Apparently I'm a veritable like-giving machine able to dispense goodwill without even realising it.

Perhaps I've misjudged myself.

Blightys cats: Biggest contribution to the board this year.
Partridge: Measured poster.
Lana: says some smart s**t.

HM: GeelongCrazy26. Goes hard, doesn't give a damn.

Oh forgot to mention Catswhiskers.
Knows a lot about the VFL players and gives good reports of the games.
Cheers to all others who go to VFL games and post after the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back