No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would definitely punt on Harvey for a year if he felt like having a go at a flag. Sit him in the forward pocket. I know he's not the most popular player on this board but he can still play.

Harvey is a selfish outside player bugger that

News just in. Harvey, Petrie, Dal Santo and Furrito won't have their contracts renewed. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they were called into Scotts office.

Strange timing to announce it on the eve of the finals like they have. It is probably the right call but not the greatest way to tell your longest-serving players that their services are no longer required. But it is Norf.

If we even thought about the possibility of maybe even attempting to consider the notion of potentially signing 'Boomer' for a year I'd hand in my membership, he embodies everything that our great club isn't.

Harvey is a selfish outside player bugger that

Lol, no. Argue he's too old, fine, but he has been a gun and can still turn it on (see his 32 disposals, 14 contested possessions, and 3 goals against us a few days ago).

Way I see it, he'd replace Papley in the side in the short term as on current form he's a better player, but he would also be an invaluable asset for developing players like Papley into the future.

Cheap (presumably), strategic, would improve our chances at a Premiership. At worst, he's an upgrade on McGlynn.

Lol, no. Argue he's too old, fine, but he has been a gun and can still turn it on (see his 32 disposals, 14 contested possessions, and 3 goals against us a few days ago).

Way I see it, he'd replace Papley in the side in the short term as on current form he's a better player, but he would also be an invaluable asset for developing players like Papley into the future.

Cheap (presumably), strategic, would improve our chances at a Premiership. At worst, he's an upgrade on McGlynn.

watched him skirt every pack on the weekend

dont rate him at all

FERRETTHOLE IS GONE!!! :D:D:rainbow::thumbsu::thumbsu: What a great joyous day!!

My most hated player. He is the only player I have ever willingly wished an injury upon. I'm certainly not proud of it but the way he treated Goodes in Goodesys last game just made my blood boil over. The man is nothing but scum as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire the bloody wannabe tough guy sniping muppet flog....

Ahhem. Sorry..
/rant/

Absolutely the correct decision for North. Now that their shot at a flag is done and dusted for the immediate future it's definitely time to get some young blood into the club. I seriously doubt that any of these players will ever play AFL again. If anyone, possibly Del Santo to Brisbane or Gold Coast for a year. Harvey can still play for sure but I doubt there would be any takers at his age.

Absolutely the correct decision for North. Now that their shot at a flag is done and dusted for the immediate future it's definitely time to get some young blood into the club. I seriously doubt that any of these players will ever play AFL again. If anyone, possibly Del Santo to Brisbane or Gold Coast for a year. Harvey can still play for sure but I doubt there would be any takers at his age.
Full credit for Norf to pull the pin. Maybe timing isn't right with some but given Norths form they look to be going out in the first week of the finals.

I could definitely see some stand alone VFL clubs interested in these veterans as marquee players. Eg. Williamstown, Port, Frankston, etc....Whether they would like to play on at alower level.... I'm not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scum will tank next week. Finish 5th. Play first final at MCG (WIN). Adelaide will beat Geelong in the QF in Adelaide. (We play GWS) Scum vs Geelong MCG week 2 and then they only have to travel once to make a GF. EASY AS.
Gee, I thought I was a cynic! Interesting thinking but my money is on the AFL insisting on playing at ANZ. Almost a home game for Hawks. Beat us with #freekickhawthorn umps (Stevic etc) and then it's MCG all the way to a 4peat. WE MUST WIN.

The coaches have produced their best season in memory.

They've adapted (after the North game Hanners confirmed they'd worked hard on holding a lead late and we controlled a rampant North for 7 minutes. Tick) .

They've managed a deep list of Rookies and sub 20 game players.

We've tried multiple strategies to freshen up our structure - we even put Teddy then XR forward!

We've managed the unsettling prospect of losing 5 defenders to injury in a season when defence was under intense scrutiny.

We've improved our forward 50 defence.

And a nod to our development coaches. Naismith and Nankervis fot example have really come on.

Couldn't be happier in that regard.
Extremely accurate observation. Also, the guys all seem to be enjoying footy and their teammates. The ressies are a sight for sore eyes. The top-ups are really well integrated. Cheer cheer for the coaches!

It's not losing McKenna that's the prole, it's replacing him with Rocket. Urrrggghhh!

The only reason he went is that he hit his face. See the same play to the back of the forward's head 20 times every week and not a peep. Hypocrites one and all.

Gee, I thought I was a cynic! Interesting thinking but my money is on the AFL insisting on playing at ANZ. Almost a home game for Hawks. Beat us with #freekickhawthorn umps (Stevic etc) and then it's MCG all the way to a 4peat. WE MUST WIN.

Also no PF. Woohoo!

Nah, it was deliberate. Left the fist hanging. Happens 20 times every round to the back of the head or the ear. His unlucky was that he got Ebert's face.

For your avatar do you mean Mills14 or Rohan16?

Extremely accurate observation. Also, the guys all seem to be enjoying footy and their teammates. The ressies are a sight for sore eyes. The top-ups are really well integrated. Cheer cheer for the coaches!

Probably sent them an email.

Nah, Dal's cooked and doesn't fit the no d**kheads policy.

settle mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back