No Oppo Supporters 2016 General AFL Discussion Part 2 (Sydney Posters Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too. This is a kick in teeth to a few teams considering the draft has already been and gone, this will leave them pretty unbalanced now
It will affect Geelong more than any other team with Blicksarse or whatever his name is jumping onto ruckman and feeding Dangerfield

It will affect Geelong more than any other team with Blicksarse or whatever his name is jumping onto ruckman and feeding Dangerfield

Poor Geelong - I have about as much sympathy for them as I will for the umpires from the Grand Final when they first appear at games in Sydney next year.

Won't help the dogs either.... again what a shame - NOT.

Happy the 3rd man up is gone, was the worst so called 'tactic'
Me too. Not so much for the presence of the third man but for the scragging and blocking to try to make it work. Much cleaner with just the two and you get reward for having a decent ruckman. Will suit Naismith big time as he can really elevate when he doesn't have a dog on each shoulder.

Me too. Not so much for the presence of the third man but for the scragging and blocking to try to make it work. Much cleaner with just the two and you get reward for having a decent ruckman. Will suit Naismith big time as he can really elevate when he doesn't have a dog on each shoulder.

Exactly. We should be thrilled at this news suits Naismith so much.

A string has been removed from the very extensive bow of our own Dean Towers. He did a bit of third man up this season. From leaper to leper so to speak.

Might make him play as that outside runner I can see him doing well. Still think Towers will have a very good 2017

I have no doubt it will help Naismith and hurt Blivacs but I'm still unsure what to make of the rule itself.

It sounds like the designated ruckman are the only players who can get first touch unless the ball hits the ground first. Ruckman with the advantage in the one on one contest will no longer need to take the ball as quickly as possible or at its highest point before the third man up allowing more time to look for the best option.

I could see this new rule leading to one sided matches, ruckman catching the ball instead, taller less agile ruckman, and also the end of the centre bounce due to its random nature giving an advantage to one ruckman over the other.

Might make him play as that outside runner I can see him doing well. Still think Towers will have a very good 2017

There was one game when we tried him in that midfield role and it looked good.

Please Santa give him a simple role he understands and let him just stick to it all year.

There was one game when we tried him in that midfield role and it looked good.

Please Santa give him a simple role he understands and let him just stick to it all year.

I agree this chipping and changing his role is what is hurting sometimes the simpler the better. One position and see if he makes it.?

A string has been removed from the very extensive bow of our own Dean Towers. He did a bit of third man up this season. From leaper to leper so to speak.
Reckon Deano has been a leper for many supporters long before this rule change. We have needed an outside runner ever since Jets departed. Towers' tank and leg speed suits the challenge of learning the role of the outside runner. His string has yet to be plucked. Reckon Shawry should have Deano as a special project and see what becomes of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt it will help Naismith and hurt Blivacs but I'm still unsure what to make of the rule itself.

It sounds like the designated ruckman are the only players who can get first touch unless the ball hits the ground first. Ruckman with the advantage in the one on one contest will no longer need to take the ball as quickly as possible or at its highest point before the third man up allowing more time to look for the best option.

I could see this new rule leading to one sided matches, ruckman catching the ball instead, taller less agile ruckman, and also the end of the centre bounce due to its random nature giving an advantage to one ruckman over the other.
Ruckmen taking possession in the air from a bounce or throw in are penalised automatically when tackled. Can't really see this fear of domination eventuating. If a ruckman wins contests ad nauseum, then the onballers soon wise up and rove to the winning ruck rather than focussing on their own losing set plays.

While that's a strength of his, I think it'll be a benefit to his game. He'll be on the ground where he can use his acceleration and speed to break away from contests.

I agree this chipping and changing his role is what is hurting sometimes the simpler the better. One position and see if he makes it.?

Yeah NEAFL player

You joke about Towers being a NEAFL player now, but anything is possible, Reid might even play 20 games!

Yeah who knows

deano shows a little but at his age i expect more

I do agree he was chopped and changed a lot and dropped unfairly on one occasion

But if you perform consistently they wont move and drop you

Id rather play a promising kid if all he gives is glimpses

Dean Towers is only 7 months older than future potential superstar all Australian CHF Sam Reid. Towers has also had much less time on the list.

Dean Towers is only 7 months older than future potential superstar all Australian CHF Sam Reid. Towers has also had much less time on the list.

Yeah and Bambi is on borrowed time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back