2016 General Discussion / Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an IT geek. When you connect to your isp, most have floating IP addresses and assign you one that is free when you connect to the internet (which will be your external IP address). Each house/computer does not have a unique IP address. Therefore VS would only know the ISP that accessed the account from the IP address and not the individual.

If VS wanted to track the individual they would need to get the ISP to provide that data, which they would not have the power to do (unless the had a court order).

Not to mention people access accounts from work, home, mobile, etc..... which all will have different IP addresses.

Basically, VS dont have the power to track users from ip addresses/location. They basically only have the account details used to create the account

If they are logging into both accounts from the same pc, then both accounts would share ip addresses. The ip would change between disconnecting at the house, but there would still be a pattern.

Admin in bigfooty can track which users have logged in using the same ip address, surely vs could do the same

Yeah there are a few teams named very similar and with coaches names abbreviated.

Makes it hard for them if they are deleting teams purely based on that though.

I just went to the sign up page, you need to provide first name, last name, email, postcode then there is a 2nd page to sign up. If there are 3 accounts from the same name in the same postcode etc... that is an automatic red flag.

Anyway, for example, if you have 2 phones (I do) on different networks (1 vodafone, 1 optus), they will each have completely different IP addresses (whether static or floating). Therefore you could manage 1 account on 1 phone, the other account on the other phone. If I used different names to sign up with, how could they tell the difference?

If you read the fine print of most of these games anyway, they normally say that we have the final say and by playing you agree to this. I think it is more that if a player is disqualified, they need to prove to supercoach that they are innocent rather then the other way around.

If they are logging into both accounts from the same pc, then both accounts would share ip addresses. The ip would change between disconnecting at the house, but there would still be a pattern.

Admin in bigfooty can track which users have logged in using the same ip address, surely vs could do the same

But if you had a wife/flatmate that legitimately had different teams, that as the sole decider would not work..... VS doesn't have access to government records such as a persons address (ie. drivers licence/electoral role,....).

Not to mention, Bigfooty is different from VS as it is not a competition. There are different rules in place when you want to run a comp because you need permits across Australia for the cash prize.

I am an IT geek. When you connect to your isp, most have floating IP addresses and assign you one that is free when you connect to the internet (which will be your external IP address). Each house/computer does not have a unique IP address. Therefore VS would only know the ISP that accessed the account from the IP address and not the individual.

If VS wanted to track the individual they would need to get the ISP to provide that data, which they would not have the power to do (unless the had a court order).

Not to mention people access accounts from work, home, mobile, etc..... which all will have different IP addresses.

Basically, VS dont have the power to track users from ip addresses/location. They basically only have the account details used to create the account

In this day and age of ADSL and fibre, not dial-up, this isn't as true as it used to be. Many or most customers will connect from the same IP for days or weeks at a time, and if there's a pattern of the same IPs logging into the same multiple accounts repeatedly it'd at least show that it's very likely that the teams are both run by people in the same household. That's not to say VS bothers logging the IPs though, given they're not going to be used in most cases.

I'll continue to inquire

The "Age" mite be interested in the outcome

why did the team that won one of the bye rounds lose his prize that week completely if the overall runs by a different set of rules?

Seems made up on the run to me
Who lost their prize?

Alright lads

Just to stop the s**t storm for 5 seconds (and believe me I will be going back to the Hun on an hourly basis as well as a few other media outlets)

take 3 minutes out and have a crack at this - 100K jackpot if you can fluke the perfect 9

View attachment 269632
Danger
Stevie J
Cripps
Pendles
Gray
MacMillian

Anyone still in?

On the Official Supercoach Facebook page.
Looks like we can just discount the leader.

STATEMENT TO ALL SUPERCOACH PLAYERS
As stated in our Ts&Cs, participants can only enter SuperCoach once. Where a Participant enters two or more teams in SuperCoach, that Participant will be ineligible to win any prizes. Also, any behaviour involving offensive conduct such as abuse towards other players is not acceptable under any circumstances.
I know for an absolute fact that the Round 14 winner has multiple accounts. He's been entering seperate sides for a decade under family members names aiming to win Bye Rounds.

TUFFSGIRLS a duplicate account of BILLY GOATS TUFF

image.jpeg

Actually, it's called a "dynamic IP address". You'll also find that because of the way DHCP works, a modem will normally hold the same IP address continuously unless the modem is rebooted, which most people never do.

As someone who works with large corporate networks and manages IT security I can tell you it's rather easy to track people through a number of various methods other than purely their IP address.

For example, when was the last time you had to log in to SuperCoach with your username and password? Most store their credentials in Cookies which remain static even if your internet IP address changes.

I know for an absolute fact that the Round 14 winner has multiple accounts. He's been entering seperate sides for a decade under family members names aiming to win Bye Rounds.

TUFFSGIRLS a duplicate account of BILLY GOATS TUFF

View attachment 271494

Has he been paid his winnings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you copy/paste the article

Sorru, his comment has been deleted/ removed

It was Susie O'Brien's article saying that whilst she doesn't agree with Sonia Kruger's stance on scholarships to LGBTI students that Kruger has a right to voice her opinion. She called Kruger's opinion "odious"

Some guy called kruno questioned her and said he would have his kids identify as gay of it helped them get the scholarship. I wondered if it was gingy :)

Sorru, his comment has been deleted/ removed

It was Susie O'Brien's article saying that whilst she doesn't agree with Sonia Kruger's stance on scholarships to LGBTI students that Kruger has a right to voice her opinion. She called Kruger's opinion "odious"

Some guy called kruno questioned her and said he would have his kids identify as gay of it helped them get the scholarship. I wondered if it was gingy :)

GUARANTEED IT WAS

Seymour Skinner not sure about you but the Hun has stopped replying to my daily "love" messages...

Evidence of multiple teams kinda competition integrity ruining prevention kinda love

I only sent one, they never responded to me in the first place.

Seymour Skinner

Team 2:

View attachment 270725

View attachment 270726

Team 3 - no evidence to suggest same person apart from team name and coach being VERY similar

Ranked 3rd - team ID: 174944
Ranked 106th - team ID 29593

Lowest ranked team created 1st

View attachment 270727

View attachment 270728

Team 4: maybe co-incidence, maybe not?

View attachment 270730

Makes for some big decisions for Mr Supercoach

Champion_Data do you have a stance on this or any insider knowledge?
Interesting one on Shem(m), hadn't seen that one thrown up to date.
Shemmahawks might be shemmahawk on twitter (a Shem), and Shemmist Warehouse bloke seems to go by Shem rather than Shemm in correspondence. So could be.
Ten Green Bottles, hanging on the wall...

Remember when everyone bought in zaharakis.

I remember my first season of supercoach.
He did well for a fair while. Found this pretty funny last week, though, that look is gold:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back