List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I cannot think of a time that any club has managed to bring in so many good players in one trade period let alone at Geelong. It's actually always been difficult for Geelong to attract star players from other clubs that's thankfully turned because of our recent success.

Stop complaining and get behind the new players we have at the club to identify 4 very good players and get all of them what an amazing effort.

^^^^This!!!

Finally we have players busting the door down at the Cattery- after how many years???

We could probably all agree everyone on this board has basically the same best 22 (give or take a Clarke/Vardy /Loners/Hendo/Cockatoo).
If we have a good run with injuries next season there are going to be some very good footballers looking for opportunities.
I can see us getting some good trade returns in the next couple of years, meaning we may end up seeing some top10 draft action, to shore up our long term future.
But for now let's enjoy the ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just when does Menzel become a FA?... after his brother going to the Crows... one would think they will ratchet up their efforts? And by then whats the odds there will be no matching , no comp... etc.
Gee mate that would take massive balls

I can't see Daniel leaving unless it's because he is injured again and is retiring, considering how the club has stuck by him. If he manages to play a couple of years of footy after 4 years of watching injured in don't think he'll then decide to leave.

The Crows will be itching to return serve...and when it happens do we honestly believe they will be as cordial as we were?

As it sands , he is worth zip... but it would be mighty cruel to watch him finally get fit , stay fit,play games and he the waddle of to SA to join his brother.

My guess comp will be gone very soon... and unless the AFL want every deal matched I suspect they will do something with that as well. My guess is they will try to control destination thru sc advantage somehow. Some sort of discount going to lower sides? Anyway thats next year I should not derail the thread.

Where are we getting our goals next year anyway? No SJ... it has to be Menzel that they expect to step up. Who else do we have (apart from 6-7 tall guys) Perhaps we can look at a couple of small FP types that are goal kicks late in the draft. Somebody like Kerbatieh for instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teams with academy players are having a lot of fun with the points system, all of this downgrading for extra points will move our late picks even further up the draft.

Just when does Menzel become a FA?... after his brother going to the Crows... one would think they will ratchet up their efforts? And by then whats the odds there will be no matching , no comp... etc.

He has a contract for 2016 with a clause for 2017 if he plays a certain number of games. So at best he is here until end 2017 and then he's been at the club for 7 years, so won't be an FA yet under current rules (would not qualify for RFA) so Crows would have to trade for him at that point.

He has a contract for 2016 with a clause for 2017 if he plays a certain number of games. So at best he is here until end 2017 and then he's been at the club for 7 years, so won't be an FA yet under current rules (would not qualify for RFA) so Crows would have to trade for him at that point.
2009 draft would say 2017 8 years to me , just like 2007 draft for Danger was 2015

RFA is only for top 25% highest paid players in the team so he won't be on that much.... I think.

Thats current rules.. true. I can see your point... he may not be able to perform to a level to get him in our best 10 players.. One good season could change that thou.
My point really was , imo , there will be no RFA for anyone in the near future.

Where are we getting our goals next year anyway? No SJ... it has to be Menzel that they expect to step up. Who else do we have (apart from 6-7 tall guys) Perhaps we can look at a couple of small FP types that are goal kicks late in the draft. Somebody like Kerbatieh for instance.
Those delivering the ball inside 50 are the ones that need to step up,with decent delivery I'd back us to kick winning scores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back