List Mgmt. 2016 general list discussion and speculation (cont in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Crows will be itching to return serve...and when it happens do we honestly believe they will be as cordial as we were?

As it sands , he is worth zip... but it would be mighty cruel to watch him finally get fit , stay fit,play games and he the waddle of to SA to join his brother.

My guess comp will be gone very soon... and unless the AFL want every deal matched I suspect they will do something with that as well. My guess is they will try to control destination thru sc advantage somehow. Some sort of discount going to lower sides? Anyway thats next year I should not derail the thread.

Where are we getting our goals next year anyway? No SJ... it has to be Menzel that they expect to step up. Who else do we have (apart from 6-7 tall guys) Perhaps we can look at a couple of small FP types that are goal kicks late in the draft. Somebody like Kerbatieh for instance.

Dangerfield, Motlop, Duncan, Selwood, have all kicked 20+ goals in a season so we do have options.

Those delivering the ball inside 50 are the ones that need to step up,with decent delivery I'd back us to kick winning scores.

Its a fair point..said as much myself... get enough supply and Billy Blogs can kick goals..... but surely we have leaned now that so many big games turn on moments ..and making the most of them. Big games against the best opponents..more often than not both sides will have chances. Goal kickers..one who manage to convert and create from half chances .... their value is not in someone who can kick goals from quantity , its making quality from a lack of quantity. I do agree that getting a goal a game from all our mids should be aimed for

While I do think we lack a crumbling forward we do have other forward options other than Menzel. Gregson, Lang, Bartel and Kersten you'd think would play a fair bit forward.

If Menzel gets through the next two years and is playing often enough to be chased by other clubs, that is a very good problem to have. Menzel is so far away from that, with due respect it is quite a bizzare line of thinking to be considering it now.

well bizarre me up scotty.... Any more bizarre than recent post about some very young Father Sons? about as bizarre as the afl talking big about trade equality only to see some deals go down that took bizarre to a whole different level.

The Crows will be itching to return serve...and when it happens do we honestly believe they will be as cordial as we were?

As it sands , he is worth zip... but it would be mighty cruel to watch him finally get fit , stay fit,play games and he the waddle of to SA to join his brother.

My guess comp will be gone very soon... and unless the AFL want every deal matched I suspect they will do something with that as well. My guess is they will try to control destination thru sc advantage somehow. Some sort of discount going to lower sides? Anyway thats next year I should not derail the thread.

Where are we getting our goals next year anyway? No SJ... it has to be Menzel that they expect to step up. Who else do we have (apart from 6-7 tall guys) Perhaps we can look at a couple of small FP types that are goal kicks late in the draft. Somebody like Kerbatieh for instance.

The capacity to kick goals is there IMO. A lot has to go right but if a few of these guys can get close to career best numbers for goals we could do well:

Hawkins 68
Clark 48
Motlop 44
Dangerfield 31
J.Selwood 30
Menzel 28
Duncan 24
Murdoch 22

Obviously it's a bit ambitious for all our players to be kicking career best numbers but it shows we have some quality players capable of kicking goals. We do probably need at least 5-6 people guys kick 20+ goals. There is also the capacity for a few guys like Gregson, Lang or Caddy to surprise, all three kicked goals in the teens and they are still improving.

The capacity to kick goals is there IMO. A lot has to go right but if a few of these guys can get close to career best numbers for goals we could do well:

Hawkins 68
Clark 48
Motlop 44
Dangerfield 31
J.Selwood 30
Menzel 28
Duncan 24
Murdoch 22

Obviously it's a bit ambitious for all our players to be kicking career best numbers but it shows we have some quality players capable of kicking goals. We do probably need at least 5-6 people guys kick 20+ goals. There is also the capacity for a few guys like Gregson, Lang or Caddy to surprise, all three kicked goals in the teens and they are still improving.

Much depends on whether Menzel can stay on the park. If we can get him fit and firing it makes our forward line far more unpredictable and dangerous. That effective third tall forward is something that we have missed since Menzel was up and about in 2011 and Johnson was playing a predominantly forward role.

I think you're being enormously pessimistic.

In the case of Menzel. If they were dumb enough to take him. Well good luck.
If Menzel was dumb enough to leave. Well good luck.

Would love to see Kersten get traded for a crumbing small forward. Adds some more list balance.

That being said I'm happy to keep Kersten as I think he'll do well next year and it won't happen anyway.

Would love to see Kersten get traded for a crumbing small forward. Adds some more list balance.

That being said I'm happy to keep Kersten as I think he'll do well next year and it won't happen anyway.
I was really disappointed with Kerstens 2015.

But we don't need crumbers.
We need backline depth.

Only have to imagine our VFL backline to see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do we have any dignity left? According to some posters here, we would have none..

Well that was our problem, but see Scott is a genius, he figured out a way for the club to get more, see we traded our first round pick for the next two years for other team's dignity. The only issue is that we can't be certain of what it is worth, given their points of origin, I guess we need some more time to get a better look.

Well that was our problem, but see Scott is a genius, he figured out a way for the club to get more, see we traded our first round pick for the next two years for other team's dignity. The only issue is that we can't be certain of what it is worth, given their points of origin, I guess we need some more time to get a better look.
oh but the experts have already spoken- and found Scott lacking..... :rolleyes:

Thread Continued in Part 2:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-general-list-discussion-and-speculation-part-2.1181670/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back