List Mgmt. 2016 GFC National Draft & DFA Thread-please see Mod Announcement Page 50 post #1228

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The have a few that they'll get rid of before Downie, someone like Simpson and Mohr could be delisted and put on the rookie list. Barrett could be another. And they might just pass on taking 11 picks to the draft 9 might be enough for their needs.

It will depend how many academy guys they take and where they get bid-3 or 4 and they are fine more than that and they probably need to delist more players to use all the 50s picks or go into deficit next year. I think simpson downie mohr and barrett are their OOC guys. There is also the possibility someone like downie delists himself if he wants to chase more opportunities elsewhere.

The have a few that they'll get rid of before Downie, someone like Simpson and Mohr could be delisted and put on the rookie list. Barrett could be another. And they might just pass on taking 11 picks to the draft 9 might be enough for their needs.

They cant keep taking them all... is Lynch linked to them this year?... bit to like about his raw boned aggression

They cant keep taking them all... is Lynch linked to them this year?... bit to like about his raw boned aggression

Some very iffy disposal in that short clip. Great size though, I'd definitely consider him for a rookie spot on that alone.

Battle and Kerr are both pretty good options as is Marshall on the unlikely chance he slips through. I wouldn't be against bidding on Zac Sproule to see if the Giants match or not.

I am not sure we really need another mid-Caddy was playing on a forward flank and even with Cockatoo taking his spot (which is what I expect to happen) we still have Lang waiting in the wings and Horlin Smith who can't get a game. Unless you are talking about a good kicking half back or half forward which I would then agree with but I don't really see that we need to draft another mid early.

Definitely not looking at an pure inside mid. We won't need an extractor for 3-4 years IMO. Was thinking more a proper utility HFF/HBF type, ideally a left footer.

Definitely not looking at an pure inside mid. We won't need an extractor for 3-4 years IMO. Was thinking more a proper utility HFF/HBF type, ideally a left footer.

With the addition 2e I have moved from that requirement being our first need to the HFF type. I not sure about left footer right footer but a more pure forward who can give minutes on ball. Some one clever who can create.. its probably why I like the way Simpkin sounds..if he is there at 24..thats a fair slip. Hayward has really been shooter and he would surprise either.

Here what CT says on Simpkin

JY SIMPKIN
POS:
Half-forward/midfielder, Ht 181cm, Wt 71kg, DOB 5/3/98
From Murray Bushrangers/Vic Country

Simpkin will be a difficult one to assess for clubs this year, and he knows that. He only played a handful of games at the start of the season before breaking his leg and missing the rest of the season. He is gradually working up his program, however, and was back running recently and doing some light lane work. The exciting half-forward flanker is creative, he kicks goals and makes things happen. If not for his injury he would have pushed for top-10 contention such is his spark and energy in attack.

Last edited:
I'm thinking if we don't go tall with 24 that someone like Lachlan Tiziani would be a good pick up

I'm thinking if we don't go tall with 24 that someone like Lachlan Tiziani would be a good pick up

Tiziani should be available at our later picks Lana I'd think.

If you're looking for a forward flanker, Turbocat i think you're call on Hayward is a good one. Great overhead and can roost a set shot from outside 50 with ease.

You think we should target a flanker at 24 rather than a KPF?

There's some good kids in this draft that the clubs with high picks will have access to. GC and Bris could really set themselves up long term in this draft I they do it right. And retain them...

If you're looking for a forward flanker, Turbocat i think you're call on Hayward is a good one. Great overhead and can roost a set shot from outside 50 with ease.

There's some good kids in this draft that the clubs with high picks will have access to. GC and Bris could really set themselves up long term in this draft I they do it right. And retain them...

I think we pick the best forward available no matter the role... we need goal kicking talent. SJ gone , Motlop nearly was gone , Caddy now gone.

Have you seen him much... the vision I have seen was not overly impressive.

I admit it is from limited vision and am aware that he is an overager but I like the way he moves I50, runs to the right places. I think he is a real natural midsized forward and there aren't many of that type. I don't think he'll last to our 2nd pick.

Another thing to be aware of is that our 24 is probably going to be around pick 28 or 29 on the day

I admit it is from limited vision and am aware that he is an overager but I like the way he moves I50, runs to the right places. I think he is a real natural midsized forward and there aren't many of that type. I don't think he'll last to our 2nd pick.

Id take that bet. Im think something more like we got Menegola with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we pick the best forward available no matter the role... we need goal kicking talent. SJ gone , Motlop nearly was gone , Caddy now gone.

Fair enough. With Hawkins only a few years away from finishing, I was of the opinion we should draft a KPF with our first this year. But at 24 we aren't getting an elite, top shelf type that you find in many years top few picks. Can Battle and/or Kerr can make it as 150-200 game AFL players? I'm not convinced and I assume you aren't either? Battle looks a little more likely to me. Kerr evidently has a great attitude and some good attributes but doesn't scream out as "get him".

The safe bet would be to go best available and take whatever falls, whether that be a Witherden, Hayward, Bolton etc. It maybe not exactly what we ideally need in terms of a type of player but I think we'll likely be rebuilding to some degree in any case in a couple of years so they'll be part of the puzzle regardless.

You'd hate to see us take one of these KPF's only for them to end up as a Vickery or White when we could have taken a Rioli or a Betts.

I'm with Turbo, Lana. I reckon he'll be there still at one of our picks in the 60's.

Would really like Tom Stewart from the VFL with our later picks, around 64 or onwards.

Do we think he is a good chance to slip that far?

Named CHB in VFL team of year... Could give us great depth in HBF/BP.

I hope you're right (and that we get him)
He is one... if we really want a mature mid type... I'd rather a guy like Jye Bolton at 24 than a Barlow... he be a very late pick. If he works , it works and we have 5 years , if not its shake and flick.... but as I have turned towards the younger types id prefer we take our FS if he is have reasonable.

He is one... if we really want a mature mid type... I'd rather a guy like Jye Bolton at 24 than a Barlow... he be a very late pick. If he works , it works and we have 5 years , if not its shake and flick.... but as I have turned towards the younger types id prefer we take our FS if he is have reasonable.

After Menegola last year and given that we chased out Caddy I don't think we need to go down that well for that position this year I'd even say i'd be a mistake (similar to what Richmond has made recently), to do so either he'd step on Menegola's toes (and they'd rob each other of experience for marginal weekly gains) or he stifle the development our younger mids.

But a mature ruck would be good. And a mobile KPF

If he was still available I'd take Cedric Cox, reckon he has a lot of upside.

Fits our needs really well. My only concern is that with SPS likely to go to freo at 7 (cox is his cousin) there is a go home factor and i dont want freo doing us over at trade time again. But a very classy player.

Would really like Tom Stewart from the VFL with our later picks, around 64 or onwards.

Do we think he is a good chance to slip that far?

Named CHB in VFL team of year... Could give us great depth in HBF/BP.

If he gets to 64 i dont think he will get a lot further the fact that he didnt test bc of the shoulder injury will help but other clubs know his ability. I know one victorian club who are quite keen and i think 50-70 is about where he will go. The rest of our vfl guys should be available come rookie draft time i think.

After Menegola last year and given that we chased out Caddy I don't think we need to go down that well for that position this year I'd even say i'd be a mistake (similar to what Richmond has made recently), to do so either he'd step on Menegola's toes (and they'd rob each other of experience for marginal weekly gains) or he stifle the development our younger mids.

Hi my name is house (not the doctor). I wonder if darcy cameron would be a chance for that rookie ruck spot.

Hi my name is house (not the doctor). I wonder if darcy cameron would be a chance for that rookie ruck spot.

I'm thinking someone in addition to House, he is too raw. If draft him it is because we want to stop another team from getting him once he is more developed.

I agree. Start of the year I was thinking we just not to sprinkle the list , not really add kids to build depth. Hopefully a talented mid slips thru to us..but Im open to adding young players if they have slipped and are too good to go past. A player that has not been talked about much that really appeals to me..
Cameron Zurhaar

I'm thinking someone in addition to House, he is too raw. If draft him it is because we want to stop another team from getting him once he is more developed.

Pretty much. As i suggested get him cheap now o rd pay more in 12 months. It is very hard to get a ready to go kpf late in drafts though pods was a marvel. Brett eddy is the closest thing this year but i am not sure if i am convinced by him. Unless we hang onto clark black needs to be the more immediate depth while we develop a kid (whichever kpf we draft this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back