List Mgmt. 2016 GFC National Draft & DFA Thread-please see Mod Announcement Page 50 post #1228

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he a razor sharp, write it down before the kick type..no... but I do think its better than what you are saying. Generally I do agree , the best forward are always very good convertors, Battle has a better conversion I think , without knowing the stats on it.
Hoping Battle is there at pick 24, looks a more complete player at this stage.

Kerr has that shoulder to worry about aswell.

Isn't Barlow the same age as Joel?

Roughly. Not that it is a problem. Vdubs is right, we were beaten by Sydney because of midfield depth. I'm becoming more pro Barlow by the day.

Roughly. Not that it is a problem. Vdubs is right, we were beaten by Sydney because of midfield depth. I'm becoming more pro Barlow by the day.
Think it's more spread from a contest on the outside that is the issue for us, so often we win the contested ball and turn it over after it has left congestion.

Mid depth had us 7 goals to zip? .. Our overall team quality had an neg affect , the starting plan /mindset as well. To come out and be that poor after our KP loss was inexcusable imo. .... and for some reason we didn't even play Cockatoo who showed in the VFL the week before that he could influence a final. If we did lack mid depth in our 22 , its because of the team we selected. ... and Id have thought to some degree the amount of inside 50's at least indicate some sort of parity in their share of ball. Perhaps we lack the ability to go both ways , certainly lack the ability to max our chances....and one of my big hopes in the mid area , our ruck , was very average.

Barlow definite no for me.

Ross Lyon is not in the habit of jettisoning players with fuel in the tank in favour of youth.....

I think Barlow is running on empty and reckon his decline started midway through last year, Freo's struggles late in that season, were partly as a result of his loss of form.

Suspect he would give us value immediately, but would he be running and competing with those Bulldogs and GWS midfielders next September? No, and that is what our side needs to be built for.

And Chris Scott could not be trusted to only use him sparingly or in case of emergency to be honest....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would've been better off trading for a draft pick.
Only Collingwood were interested in trading for Travis given his wage at the time. They needed help to get Lumumba off the books.
You keep ignoring important details, maybe you shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back