2016 Hawthorn Fantasy, Dreamteam and Supercoach etc discussion - please keep it all in this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I took Sheridan. I was nervous as hell.(still am! :oops:) LOL, I would have had 150K in the bank, oh well.

I hope you do well this year.

Good luck to you too (We have done enough research to be rewarded lol).

You will love this. Picked a team for my wife. She scores 2312 and she forgot to make Gary captain which would have put her at 267th overall. She is now ranked around 3500. I score 2100 and ranked about 50k :(. Her team 10 minutes plus to put in. My team endless blogging and reading. Go figure.

Good luck to you too (We have done enough research to be rewarded lol).

You will love this. Picked a team for my wife. She scores 2312 and she forgot to make Gary captain which would have put her at 267th overall. She is now ranked around 3500. I score 2100 and ranked about 50k :(. Her team 10 minutes plus to put in. My team endless blogging and reading. Go figure.
Its like when chicks go to the races. They clean up based on what color the jockey is wearing. I don't bet, but it drives my mates crazy when they can't pick a winner. :p

I got 2171. If I had left the C on Nic Nat and not gone to Pendles I could have had 2300. :cry::cry::cry:

Ah well. :rainbow:

DT question

Hodge and Lewis were huge last year with both averaging about 110 from midfield only roles, while Mitchell was solid averaging 103, but he didn't bust out points to the level of the other two were doing. Now this year Mitchell has started on fire and was on fire in pre-season also, can he keep it up and outdo Lewis?

Looking at turfing Rockliff for Mitchell as I missed out on Hodge last year and when he was out on the park not getting suspended, most weeks he was the difference in defence for my opponent, and I don't want to fall behind the pack this year by missing out on another prolific Hawk.

DT question

Hodge and Lewis were huge last year with both averaging about 110 from midfield only roles, while Mitchell was solid averaging 103, but he didn't bust out points to the level of the other two were doing. Now this year Mitchell has started on fire and was on fire in pre-season also, can he keep it up and outdo Lewis?

Looking at turfing Rockliff for Mitchell as I missed out on Hodge last year and when he was out on the park not getting suspended, most weeks he was the difference in defence for my opponent, and I don't want to fall behind the pack this year by missing out on another prolific Hawk.
Not sure he can outdo Lewis in DT but he'll be a solid pick nevertheless. If it were SC I'd say Mitch for sure but DT is more Lewis' thing. Mitch will definitely miss games though to give him a rest so be prepared for that. Mitch is my fave player though so I'm biased Lol

Gibson sorry
Hold him a week. If it's just a rest then he'll be back for the Crows. If it's more than a week then might be time to consider if it'll blow out to 3+ weeks. Either way you should hopefully have some decent cover on your bench for this week? I've got Dea coming in but also could have chosen Brown or that other Essendon bloke with the mouthful name. (Adams and Weitering already fielded)

Took Pendles instead of Mitchell at the start of the year as the safe option in SC, and too scared to wreck his run of form by picking him now. The poor old bloke has enough weight on his shoulders. Was going to upgrade my original POD Duryea to Gibbo; has the fumbles this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took Pendles instead of Mitchell at the start of the year as the safe option in SC, and too scared to wreck his run of form by picking him now. The poor old bloke has enough weight on his shoulders. Was going to upgrade my original POD Duryea to Gibbo; has the fumbles this year.
Duryea started off so well but the last couple of weeks haven't been great SC wise. Mitch has been in beast mode whilst Pendles just isn't himself. Still pulling hundreds though so it's not a total disaster... We just paid way too much for him :cry:

question for DT keepers league. Do you think Sicily will develop into a 80av+ type forward in time?

I think the potential is definitely there. He's plays the Gunston style, so you are more likely to get a good to above-average score each week rather than the big ups and downs of a true KPF type.

Hey guys
I'm in a ultimate footy draft league. Jarryd roughead is available . according to the afl website he is 6-8 weeks away. Would you recommend signing him up soon. Did he get much if a pre season? And do you think he will return to some solid form before the end of the year? Cheers

For the first time ever in my couple of years playing (still fairly green) I have a full playing team without making any trades. I can use my 2 changes for pure strategy. Only problem is, I'm not sure what to actually do?

Do I trade those who haven't been making money? Do I trade those who haven't made a lot of points but have made a s**t load of money? I'm thinking trade the ones losing money for guys on the rise but might still not be making points. Is it fair to focus on raising team value early on and then aim for points as the season progresses?

Mate I would avoid. No-one is sure if he is even playing well enough to keep Schoenmakers (who has a groin issue) out of the side.

Is to easily pushed aside in aerial contests so it is hard to see him kicking enough goals or taking enough contested marks to be SC relevant. Add to that he is playing forward and back.

His current average of 50 is about on par imo. May push 60 - 70 with more games experience but when Roughy comes back his place will be in doubt.

EDIT: Sorry mate just looked at the date of your post. Usually reply a bit quicker but have had a bit on the last few weeks.

Mate I would avoid. No-one is sure if he is even playing well enough to keep Schoenmakers (who has a groin issue) out of the side.

Is to easily pushed aside in aerial contests so it is hard to see him kicking enough goals or taking enough contested marks to be SC relevant. Add to that he is playing forward and back.

His current average of 50 is about on par imo. May push 60 - 70 with more games experience but when Roughy comes back his place will be in doubt.

EDIT: Sorry mate just looked at the date of your post. Usually reply a bit quicker but have had a bit on the last few weeks.
Thanks, I didn't end up getting him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back