List Mgmt. 2016 Hypothetical draft, trade and free agency thread

what to do with Pick 10?

• continue trying to trade with GCS for JOM?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • draft a youngster

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Rockliff

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hartlett

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
think we might pick up Schulz as a rookie in the PSD.

Would be low grade insurance for Roughy. I can't see all of O'Brien, Sicily, Burton and Schoenmakers being on the list next year.
1 or more of them will be traded.
Why would 1 of them leave?
Schoey has a best 22 spot and the other are right on the cusp.
Schulz is more cooked than slow cooked pulled pork which has been cooking on high heat for 5 hours.
Would a chubby, unfit 40 Yr Stewie Dew than Schulz

Lol why would we trade Breust or Sicily, they are the future of this club.
Never spoke of trading Bruest. We wont be keeping 4 young KPF's on the list plus Roughy & Gunston for next season so you can assume either O'Brien/Schoey or both will be used to secure picks or a trade for a quality mid/s. Have also heard rumour of one of these players being OOF now for some reason or another.

Last edited:
Why would 1 of them leave?
Schoey has a best 22 spot and the other are right on the cusp.
Schulz is more cooked than slow cooked pulled pork which has been cooking on high heat for 5 hours.
Would a chubby, unfit 40 Yr Stewie Dew than Schulz

Not sure I agree with it either, just something the club may do.

Never spoke of trading Bruest. We wont be keeping 4 young KPF's on the list plus Roughy & Gunston for next season so you can assume either O'Brien/Schoey or both will be used to secure picks or a trade for a quality mid/s. Have also heard rumour of one of these players being OOF now for some reason or other.

Do you want to tell the rumour? Why mention it but not just say who the player is?

Im 99.9% sure that Gralin is taking the p!ss outta all the other posts & knows it ain't happening

Abasi , thoughts ? :D

Yeah, you never know.. Some people here are genuine in convos, some are know it all's and others sarcastic tossas. There should be a sarcasm meter for simpletons like me.

Never spoke of trading Bruest. We wont be keeping 4 young KPF's on the list plus Roughy & Gunston for next season so you can assume either O'Brien/Schoey or both will be used to secure picks or a trade for a quality mid/s. Have also heard rumour of one of these players being OOF now for some reason or other.

Obrien and Sicily aren't key position, Gunno is our closest and he is undersized

What has Sicily done to be inc in a Breust statement , I rate him don't get me wrong but .....

Mmmmhh.

2011 Luke Breust first full year: Age 21
17 games played, Av 12.2 disposals / 3.3 marks / kicked 30 goals & 15 points

2016 James Sicily's first full year: Age 21
20 games played, Av 11.4 disposals / 4.6 marks / kicked 28 goals & 16 points

Not saying Sicily has as good a bag of tricks as Breust, but perhaps his value to the team is UNDER estimated on this forum for a player getting his first full run at it.

I'm NOT trading Breust right here, but think if I had to choose between the two, and compare what each would bring back in return, and measure against what I think each will add to the 22 week in and out going forward.....
I'd trade Breuster if I could swing the king's ransom I imagine some clubs (eg GWS) would be willing to pay.

Just saying.

Mmmmhh.

Not saying Sicily has as good a bag of tricks as Breust, but perhaps his value to the team is UNDER estimated on this forum for a player getting his first full run at it.

I'm NOT trading Breust right here, but think if I had to choose between the two, and compare what each would bring back in return, and measure against what I think each will add to the 22 week in and out going forward.....
I'd trade Breuster if I could swing the king's ransom I imagine some clubs (eg GWS) would be willing to pay.

Just saying.

Sciliy doesn't doesn't have near the defensive game that Bruest has.

Something that seems to be conveniently forgotten by many who are keen to trade Bruest. Bruest is excellent at forward pressure, a very important part of our game plan. Sciliy really needs to improve that aspect.

Sciliy doesn't doesn't have near the defensive game that Bruest has.

Something that seems to be conveniently forgotten by many who are keen to trade Bruest. Bruest is excellent at forward pressure, a very important part of our game plan. Sciliy really needs to improve that aspect.

Nah, not forgotten.

That's why he has more tricks, and brings substantially more in trade value.
But with Cyril, Poppy and perhaps Kade Stewart ripping guys down in run-downs in the forward line, I'll give a little Breust defence for a helping of Sicily marking prowess, and run to the bank with 2 young stud GWS players - likely a Key forward and silky mid, and maybe get them to throw in a draft pick too!

Not sure you are getting the last part.
How much you get in return for a player like Luke (which will diminish steadily going forward as he gets older) and what you can do with the list you've assembled afterwards.

That's ok.
I know most won't agree.

Hill and our 1st is more than enough to get JOM. Next years 1st for Mitchell.

Players uncontracted, walking out and nominating a club will always result in unders for the team losing them.

The only issue is what do Freo give GC for JOM along pick our pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, not forgotten.

But with Cyril, Poppy and perhaps Kade Stewart ripping guys down in run-downs in the forward line, I'll give a little Breust defence for a helping of Sicily marking prowess, and run to the bank with 2 young stud GWS players - likely a Key forward and silky mid, and maybe get them to throw in a draft pick too!

How much you get in return for a player like Luke (which will diminish steadily going forward as he gets older) and what you can do with the list you've assembled afterwards.

That's ok.
I know most won't agree.

My god. GWS would not trade us a key forward and a 'silky' mid for Breust now. Punky is a great player - but no way known that GWS would trade him for an above average forward and midfielder when they are going to lose McCarthy, have lost Treloar and have a crop of mids potentially on the free market next year. They are not the desperately building club of a few years ago that offered us 2 picks for a younger Breust. What you are talking about is pure and utter fantasy.

And when was the last time Sicily took a contested mark?

If O'Meara and Mitchell both nominate the Hawks, IMO there will be a player of significance traded out along with Hill!
What do u reckon about this? I've put similar ones up and I know people don't like the words trade and Breust in the same sentence but....
Hawks out Breust
GWS in Bruest
GWS out pick 8 (pies pick) and (currently) pick 14
Hawks in pick 8 and pick 14
Hawks out pick 8, Hill and Litherlane
Freo in pick 8 Hill Litherlane
Freo out pick 3 and 2017 2nd
Hawks in pick 3 and Freos 2017 2nd
Hawks out (currently) pick 15 and 2017 first
Hawks in Omeara
Gold Coast out Omeara
Gold Coast in pick 15 and 2017 first
Hawks out pick 14
Hawks in Mitchell
Swans in pick 14
Swans out Mitchell

GWS are already 600k over the cap for next year. They can't get in any players, they have to trade contracted players out as it is. Plus trading Breust is madness.

My god. GWS would not trade us a key forward and a 'silky' mid for Breust now. Punky is a great player - but no way known that GWS would trade him for an above average forward and midfielder when they are going to lose McCarthy, have lost Treloar and have a crop of mids potentially on the free market next year. They are not the desperately building club of a few years ago that offered us 2 picks for a younger Breust. What you are talking about is pure and utter fantasy.

And when was the last time Sicily took a contested mark?

Uhm, I'll take McCarthy, who will probably only get them a second round pick from Freo.
Get them to toss in Steele/Whitfield, and a 2017 second rd pick when they'll likely fall back down the ladder in some second year blues that beset young players having success.
Don't think I'm being unreasonable at all.

Uhm, I'll take McCarthy, who will probably only get them a second round pick from Freo.
Get them to toss in Steele, and a 2017 second rd pick when they'll likely fall back down the ladder in some second year blues that beset young players having success.

Being that McCarthy is going to be in WA next year I think you are being unreasonable and short-sighted.

Nah, not forgotten.

That's ok.
I know most won't agree.

Plenty of what you say has merit mate, I agree with you in just about everything besides weighing up Punkys output as he gets older. I actually think small forwards are like fine wines, they get better with age, their bodies aren't banged up like the inside mids and/or the key position forwards and they tend to be smart so as they mature they learn new tricks of the trade. Look at Eddie Betts and even guys like Lecras and Milne, they all play/played their best footy in their late 20s and I'm sure just as good in their early 30s. If we give up Punky ( which I must point out I'm nor here or there about it ) we will be giving up a good 5-7 years of 40-50 goal output.

The questions is though, what is the net gain out of using Punky? Is it the ability to bring both JOM and Mitchell? If thats the case and we sure up a major weakness of our list for the best part of the next decade then I'm pulling the trigger, if it only nets us 1 played and we are losing Hill/TOB/Litherland + picks then I am steering away. The net gain has to be favourable.

Get them to toss in Steele, and a 2017 second rd pick when they'll likely fall back down the ladder in some second year blues that beset young players having success.
Yep this is the madness thread

Mmmmhh.

Just saying.

I love Sic, he has Dermie arrogance and X-Factor and that bit of mongrel, it's far and away more than what I see from TOB at senior level.

Mmmmhh.

Just saying.

I don't think many realise that Sic is also TOP 20 in the league for contested marks, that is the stat that is the hardest to earn and the kid does it extremely well.

Mmmmhh.

Just saying.

Not really a fair comparison of stats being that Breust played as the sub 6 times in those 17 games. If anything that makes Breust's stats all the more impressive.

Plenty of what you say has merit mate, I agree with you in just about everything besides weighing up Punkys output as he gets older. I actually think small forwards are like fine wines, they get better with age, their bodies aren't banged up like the inside mids and/or the key position forwards and they tend to be smart so as they mature they learn new tricks of the trade. Look at Eddie Betts and even guys like Lecras and Milne, they all play/played their best footy in their late 20s and I'm sure just as good in their early 30s. If we give up Punky ( which I must point out I'm nor here or there about it ) we will be giving up a good 5-7 years of 40-50 goal output.

The questions is though, what is the net gain out of using Punky? Is it the ability to bring both JOM and Mitchell? If thats the case and we sure up a major weakness of our list for the best part of the next decade then I'm pulling the trigger, if it only nets us 1 played and we are losing Hill/TOB/Litherland + picks then I am steering away. The net gain has to be favourable.

My only query with Breust is his body language.
Unlike some other small forwards you mention, he can look a bit soft when the game gets physical.....my opinion only!
He doesn't like the niggle, doesn't enjoy the pounding, you can just tell.
He may or may not keeping on ripening like a great wine. Were not trading him from the HFC, so hope you and everyone else is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back