austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
http://shop.saints.com.au/st-kilda-saints-2016-kids-indigenous-guernsey-pre-sale-137694.phtmlphtml

Wadaya think?

I don't mind it, electric boobies again, but good use of colours.

Not sure about empty geometric white central stripe.

Not happy about sponsor logo replacing club crest, and putting club crest just under, and the respect logo just above. I would have put respect logo and sponsor logo on arms, and kept crest in original place OR put sponsor logo in crest position, put enlarged or stylised crest in central white stripe and put respect logo just under collar.

Overall, satisfactory but missing polish.

17/20

http://shop.saints.com.au/st-kilda-saints-2016-kids-indigenous-guernsey-pre-sale-137694.phtmlphtml

Wadaya think?

I don't mind it, electric boobies again, but good use of colours.

Not sure about empty geometric white central stripe.

Not happy about sponsor logo replacing club crest, and putting club crest just under, and the respect logo just above. I would have put respect logo and sponsor logo on arms, and kept crest in original place OR put sponsor logo in crest position, put enlarged or stylised crest in central white stripe and put respect logo just under collar.

Overall, satisfactory but missing polish.

17/20

Not too bad ... agree with the placement of the logo. I would prefer to see all sponsor logos below our crest.

2016 > 2015

CiElkc4U4AAO79z.jpg:large

Not a bad effort. As the mighty boosh say "Elements of the past and the future combining - to make something not quite as good as either" ... But it's the present, not the future, but you get my drift.

Note: The sponsor logo above saints logo is unfortunately on all of our jumpers.
Love the boosh reference!

Wouldn't mind seeing a clash strip which was like the black panel of this guernsey all over, with slightly more prominent white lines to avoid looking like Essendon.

It looks a lot better seeing that photo of The Gresh wearing it with the green of the grass behind him. The design is growing on me. I'd imagine it'll be one of the better efforts across the AFL in any case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guernsey article The Age

Here's my ranking FWIW.

Demons - always been a big Escher fan.
Saints - Powerboobs!
Blues - classy
Lions - almost too busy but carries it off
Swans - vibrant yet inoffensive
Hawks - I hate it apart from the fact that it's the only one brave enough to actually feature the aboriginal flag
Eagles - shades of Brett Whitely
Bombers - it's fine
Crows - razzle dazzle
Bulldogs - seems like it's more an ode to the London Underground
Magpies - hurts my eyes
Kangaroos - a perfect representation of the most boring club in the AFL
Cats - looks like a cross between textured wallpaper (real wallpaper, not computer display background) and tyres
Dockers - designed on a rainy car window
Power - snore + teal = nausia
Giants - 80s plus big G looks like someone forgot to hide that Photoshop layer before printing
Tigers - started out as a fave, but the more I looked at it, the more it looked like a kids T shirt from 1988 K-Mart
Suns - if it looks like that in real life then heads should roll, but even for them to do a shitty Photoshop transform stretch and then superimpose all the logos like that for the media presentation, rank amateurs.

Last edited:
I kind of like North's one as a general guernsey pattern but it fails terrible as an indigenous design.

I like the sentiment behind the Hawk's one but it doesnt stop it from being butt * ugly.

GWS and Sums the best.
I actually saw a black fella wearing an older Saints Aboriginal jersey the other day walking along in Isa. I tried to get a photo of him but it didn't turn out too good. Note sure if he was a fan or they adapted it for a local team somewhere.

I wasn't super impressed with ours at first, but looking at it closer I prefer it to last years, which I do actually own. I might get it, depending on how we go on Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back