Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Barlow :(

Everyone has a life outside of footy, but some folks - Ballas ws an example with his horses, Pav with a family, have more of a life outside of it.

Pain aside, he was seeing his football mortality and wondering if he'd just played his last AFL level game.

So Ross just said they think Ballantyne's fractured a cheekbone.
And Barlow's is an AC

By my very rough memory, that's the third time Balla has fractured a cheekbone, that can't be good for his future modeling career.

As for Barlow ... What else should we expect from this season than one of our favorites fighting hard for his team and career would be forced out again.

A big * you!! to the 2016 season is all I can say.

Poor Barlow :(

Everyone has a life outside of footy, but some folks - Ballas ws an example with his horses, Pav with a family, have more of a life outside of it.

Pain aside, he was seeing his football mortality and wondering if he'd just played his last AFL level game.
If we don't sign Barlow many clubs will, how would it be his last AFL game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 months would seem to be normal tracking really. He is weight baring so thats very good :)
I dont know if they have (or plan to) remove the hardware....I havent seen any news about him having further surgery, so would assume that the plate/screws are still in. I think its highly likely that he will be back training during the off season....and right for round 1. This could change if they decide to remove the ORIF. I still dont know where the tibia was fractured (low, mid or high!)!!

My guess is that he is post surgery after getting plates / screws removed.

No way he would need support 2 months post break unless they have gone back in again, which is likely going by the management of Fyfe's latest break.

Apparently Barlow's shoulder exploded into a million fragments according to the surgeons assessment, and surgeons are yet to do an assessment of the extent of the injury.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...aying-future-in-question-20160717-gq7fcc.html
Does no-one edit Hacks copy at all? Its borderline incoherent. It also looks like the story is one third the length but repeated twice more with slightly different phrasing to meet the word count...

2 months would seem to be normal tracking really. He is weight baring so thats very good :)
I dont know if they have (or plan to) remove the hardware....I havent seen any news about him having further surgery, so would assume that the plate/screws are still in. I think its highly likely that he will be back training during the off season....and right for round 1. This could change if they decide to remove the ORIF. I still dont know where the tibia was fractured (low, mid or high!)!!

Nothing official, but judging from vision of the original incident, it looked low.

Apparently Barlow's shoulder exploded into a million fragments according to the surgeons assessment, and surgeons are yet to do an assessment of the extent of the injury.
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...aying-future-in-question-20160717-gq7fcc.html
Does no-one edit Hacks copy at all? Its borderline incoherent. It also looks like the story is one third the length but repeated twice more with slightly different phrasing to meet the word count...
"Early indications from surgeons planning to perform Barlow's operation to tighten shattered soft tissue around his shoulder joint"
Sounds like a grade 3 ACJ Dislocation, so lots of damage to the ligaments :(

Sounds like a grade 3 ACJ Dislocation, so lots of damage to the ligaments :(
Where would Doghorn get info like that from??
Would Barlow have seen a surgeon yesterday??
I've got a mate who has just asked one of the players how bad Micky's shoulder is and the reply was 'find out tomorrow'.

I've got a mate who has just asked one of the players how bad Micky's shoulder is and the reply was 'find out tomorrow'.
It's conceivable that he made it up. I understand its happened once or twice before.

It's conceivable that he made it up. I understand its happened once or twice before.
Believe none of Hackdorn's medical reporting.

Remember last year's scoop? Josh Kennedy's season ending elbow injury.

It appears the crucial spearhead cannot escape surgery with the amount of substantial soft tissue damage in his right elbow.

It is understood the Coleman Medal leader has significant damage to ligaments and tendons that require surgical reconstruction.

If he opts to bravely play on with weekly strapping and painkillers, increased damage and end-of-season surgery is tipped to be even more complicated and career-threatening.

Even if Kennedy rests the damaged joint for up to a month it is believed the torn soft tissue will not repair without delicate reattachment surgery as soon as practical.

He seems certain to at least miss Sunday’s against-the-odds-clash with premiership fancy Port Adelaide in Adelaide.

Kennedy played that weekend and every game since.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/af387ab43141736a9135ffcb25ab31b3

Dunno :( The article says he did. "after consultations with surgeons and medical experts on Saturday afternoon in Perth."
They will know more during and after surgery. Further reading about AC dislocations, I always though there were only 3 grades (thats what we ere taught anyway :))!! But apparently there are 6....His sounds a 5 or 6 :( Will need complete ligament repair +/- fixation of the bone....Poor Bugger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back