Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

He's gonna need a massive pre season next year, any niggling injuries throughout causing him to not play 100% from the go could be bad for both him and us

We could spend the whole preseason, training to a structure that includes Johnson as a fairly significant cog only to lose him early in the season and have to make adjustments on the fly weakening our team. Given Johnson's injury history it's very unlikely that he makes it through the full season next year.

We could spend the whole preseason, training to a structure that includes Johnson as a fairly significant cog only to lose him early in the season and have to make adjustments on the fly weakening our team. Given Johnson's injury history it's very unlikely that he makes it through the full season next year.
I reckon we should give him an extended preseason, miss the first couple games and shorten the year on him and hopefully the load

I reckon we should give him an extended preseason, miss the first couple games and shorten the year on him and hopefully the load

That's the only way he's going to be of any use to us. The problem is that we (and most clubs for that matter) just can't get their heads around trying such an approach. We should have done it with McPharlin and MJ for the last few years. Having said that we've managed Pav better in this final year, so maybe. But MJ is so fragile (by AFL requirements). Hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see him being of much use next year quite frankly.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 16 AUGUST, 2016
Tanner Smith (Hamstring) Test
Aaron Sandilands (Glute) Test
Harley Balic (Wrist) Test
Hayden Crozier (Calf) 2 weeks
Harley Bennell (Calf) Season
Alex Pearce (Leg) Season
Brady Grey (Ankle) Season
Matthew Uebergang (Hamstring) Season
Michael Barlow (Shoulder) Season
Michael Johnson (Knee/hamstring) Season
Nat Fyfe (Leg) Season
Sean Hurley (Hip) TBA

Good:
  • Tanner Smith improves from "1-2 weeks" to "test".
  • Harley Balic improves from "TBA" to "test"!!!!!!!
  • Aaron Sandilands only a test.
Bad:
  • Hayden Crozier listed as "2 weeks" - his season is pretty much done. I don't think he's qualified for Peel?
  • Sean Hurley back on the injury list despite playing for the Peel reserves last week. Did he ever get off the list??

• Hayden Crozier listed as "2 weeks" - his season is pretty much done. I don't think he's qualified for Peel?
  • Sean Hurley back on the injury list despite playing for the Peel reserves last week. Did he ever get off the list??
God i would love if we started listing Crozier in the reserves for the final 2 games, will never happen but it would be enough to get him qualified.

Worrying signs for Hurley, hoping its just a typo that he is on the list and he hasn't come up super sore/reinjured

Well as the season nears the end it's been a busy time in this thread unfortunately. Thanks to serial_thrilla and Ragtooth (hope i haven't forgotten any one else?) for not only posting the injury list but also summarising the positives and negatives. It made tracking our ever growing injury list and the recoveries much easier.
It's certainly been a busy year for the old injury list. 2011 like. Next year lets have an injury list Adelaide, St Kilda or Melbourne like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 23 AUGUST, 2016
Aaron Sandilands Glute Test
Hayden Crozier Calf 1 week
Clancee Pearce Hamstring 3 weeks
Harley Bennell Calf Season
Alex Pearce Leg Season
Brady Grey Ankle Season
Matthew Uebergang Hamstring Season
Michael Barlow Shoulder Season
Michael Johnson Knee/hamstring Season
Nat Fyfe Leg Season
Sean Hurley Hip TBA

Good:
  • Tanner Smith off list
  • Harley Balic off list
  • Aaron Sandilands only a test - should return
  • Crozier down to one but don't know how this helps
Bad:
  • Devo for Clancee Pearce. Played all year in mostly the reserves and will miss the finals with 3 week hammy.

Alex Pearce Leg Season
Brady Grey Ankle Season
Nat Fyfe Leg Season
Sean Hurley Hip TBA

Good:
  • Tanner Smith off list
  • Harley Balic off list
Bad:
  • Devo for Clancee Pearce. Played all year in mostly the reserves and will miss the finals with 3 week hammy.

Poor Clancee just can't catch a trick this year.

Alex Pearce Leg Season
Brady Grey Ankle Season
Nat Fyfe Leg Season
Sean Hurley Hip TBA

Good:
  • Tanner Smith off list
  • Harley Balic off list
Bad:
any chance balic to debut?

any chance balic to debut?
I think he is in For peel team.
Then final series peel got
Langdon tucker balic blakely nyhuis ,deluca and of course salim men mora.
Thats what i talk about strong age under 25 team. Add deboer , silva and maybe Tab and apeness . With non freo peel blair bell and bootsma obrien . Peel is more exciting than freo this season.

Last edited:
I think he is in For peel team.
Then final series peel got
Langdon tucker balic blakely nyhuis ,deluca and of course salim men mora.
Thats what i talk about strong age under 25 team. Add deboer , silva and maybe Tab and apeness . With non freo peel blair bell and bootsma obrien . Peel is more exciting than freo this season.

At last we agree. Watching Peel is stress free ,its fun.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back