Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks to me like there will be the opportunity to get a couple of BIGS in the Rookie List. Strnadica and Goddard perhaps. Then (assuming we don't get English) next year take a look at higher end tall forward/rucks with our first as there seems to be options.

Is Stanley in play? He seems inconsistent and can border on useless.
Having watched Goddard he reminds me of Hannath so no thankyou but Strnadica has a higher chance of being good value if we don't get English .
English will be drafted this year he is the best rated ruckman in the draft

It looks to me like there will be the opportunity to get a couple of BIGS in the Rookie List. Strnadica and Goddard perhaps. Then (assuming we don't get English) next year take a look at higher end tall forward/rucks with our first as there seems to be options.

Is Stanley in play? He seems inconsistent and can border on useless.

I was thinking more of key position defenders rather than Strnadica with Johnson and Dawson likely gone at the end of the year. Certainly Goddard for the ruck stocks would suit a need as well.

I agree with all this coulda , is pretty fair .Basically you had cover all i wanted to said i will rest in peace now , salim for once read coulda opinion with a open mind .

Hey Meima just thought I would point out that "rest in peace" or (RIP) is usually used in the circumstances of someone having died. I enjoy your comments and no offence intended.

Hey Meima just thought I would point out that "rest in peace" or (RIP) is usually used in the circumstances of someone having died. I enjoy your comments and no offence intended.
Hahhahaha , you got me .

Yup, i am one that call him pea heart to ask for three years contract . If he is asking for two and confident enough to show it the next two years contract will automatic put in front of him . Put pea heart aside He still show nothing in afl level post music festival to deserved three years contract.
It's not a ridiculous contract in the grand scheme of things. And besides, recent history suggests it's better to trade a player that's contracted rather than not.. Should the club and player ever get to that stage. :)

Thanks Coulda. I found this very interesting. What is wrong with Adidas boots and is right with Oasis boots?
Would be so hard to quantify. Is adidas bad because the doctor has heaps of patients that got injured wearing them? But given adidas is probably one of the most popular boot, you would expect lots of patients would be wearing them.

Would be cool to see if somebody has done a controlled experiment, maybe a PhD or something.

The original post does get you thinking, especially about the ground conditions. But I'ld be hesitant to accept one of the worlds most popular boot is a leading contributor to injuries - just doesn't make business sense. Amateurs over training, I can believe!

Last edited:
Would be so hard to quantify. Is adidas bad because the doctor has heaps of patience that got injured wearing them? But given adidas is probably one of the most popular boot, you would expect lots of patience would be wearing them.

Would be cool to see if somebody has done a controlled experiment, maybe a PhD or something.

The original post does get you thinking, especially about the ground conditions. But I'ld be hesitant to accept one of the worlds most popular boot is a leading contributor to injuries - just doesn't make business sense. Amateurs over training, I can believe!

The problem with the Adidas boot is the heal is lower than normal training shoes so if you change from using a shoe with a cushioning heal to a boot with no cushion then the heal takes the full impact every time you run .This means that not only does the heal have to absorb the full impact of the body weight with every step but extra pressure on the Achilles tendons , the ankles and the calf's are all put under duress as well resulting in injuries.
Chis Judd refused to wear Adidas boots when playing for Carlton late in his career even though Carlton had them as the boot sponsor due to the fact that his calf's couldn't handle the effect of wearing them .As I stated in my earlier post the angle of the foot is increased by 6 degrees when you change from running shoes to football boots .

I wonder how many Podiatrists a company like Adidas employs? They must pump millions into research on subjects like this. If their products were creating injuries it would devastate their business.

Freo best player all got injuries problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever Adidas spends on employing podiatrists would be insignificant compared to what they spend on advertising executives. I would think that football boot sales would be a small fraction of their total footwear sales. Sponsorship dollars would overcome any concerns about any increase in injury rates when compared to the products of other manufacturers.
In any case it would make sense for our players to switch to boots with a higher heel. It would make our players taller and hence reduce the tendency of Bigfooty posters to obsess over drafting talls. Plus Fyfe would look great in high heels.

Whatever Adidas spends on employing podiatrists would be insignificant compared to what they spend on advertising executives. I would think that football boot sales would be a small fraction of their total footwear sales. Sponsorship dollars would overcome any concerns about any increase in injury rates when compared to the products of other manufacturers.
In any case it would make sense for our players to switch to boots with a higher heel. It would make our players taller and hence reduce the tendency of Bigfooty posters to obsess over drafting talls. Plus Fyfe would look great in high heels.
Bring in a circus pro and get them on stilts.

I'm getting together with Mark Ould next week so I'll ask more questions and get as much info as I can . Hopefully he will agree to come on for a chat and answer any questions you may want to ask, no promises as he may not want to .:oops::oops::rainbow:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back