Injury 2016 Injury updates - Salem 3-4 away

Remove this Banner Ad

Ankle injuries are probably the most common type of injury for any sportsperson though. One funny step or landing from a jump and you can hurt it enough to have you out for a week or two. Given he did have to have surgery on it last year it is a bit more concerning for AVB I suppose, but it should be something that he can come back from soon if he's properly managed over the next couple of weeks.

Unlike everyone here I actually look forward to Chris Dawes returning. No matter how you spin it, Pedersen and Frost have been rubbish so far and at least Dawes puts pressure on them to compete.

Sure his hands are concrete, but he at least can make a proper contest and get into the right spots unlike Frost who seems to be off with the fairies half the time, plus he's a much better kick.
The less spuds in our side, the better Dawes will be. He'll bring the ball to ground most of the time around the arc, and Kent, Kennedy, Garlett will all benefit. Dawes is like Watts: forget what we paid or how much he should be doing and just take him for what he is.

Posted this in the Salem player thread, but i'll post it here too where it's appropriate

Talking footy just said that Salem has had a relapse of his thyroid problem. At worst could sideline him to 6 - 8 months. Club is confident it isn't that bad, but he will be out of the side for a bit none the less

Edit: It could take 4 weeks or 3-6 months, depending on the true nature of the problem

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does when you're delisting guys, unless we are happy with paying his salary for 2017.
From memory we've already paid out someone at the beginning of the Roos era

Any word on how long Salem is out for? Listed as indefinite on the afl site...any inside word?

Said in his thread, Thyroid issues are usually very treatable and even then, we can live without it (thyroxine). It won't keep him out for long or be an issue for his career long term.

Said in his thread, Thyroid issues are usually very treatable and even then, we can live without it (thyroxine). It won't keep him out for long or be an issue for his career long term.
I'm more worried for his general health than career.

I'm more worried for his general health than career.
If the issue was hypothyroid then chances are neither are a problem.

If it's a hyperthyroid issue its trickier. And with both its not just the issue but the cause. But if he has Hashimotos or something along those lines so his thyroid is underperforming, it's seriously one of the most treatable conditions around.

If the issue was hypothyroid then chances are neither are a problem.

If it's a hyperthyroid issue its trickier. And with both its not just the issue but the cause. But if he has Hashimotos or something along those lines so his thyroid is underperforming, it's seriously one of the most treatable conditions around.

This, I work in allied health (deal with thyroid issues often). If I'm gonna have health problems, I'll take a thyroid issue. Cut, medicate, irradiate, it's all good. Of all the patients that I deal with, thyroid patients worry me the least.

This, I work in allied health (deal with thyroid issues often). If I'm gonna have health problems, I'll take a thyroid issue. Cut, medicate, irradiate, it's all good. Of all the patients that I deal with, thyroid patients worry me the least.
Agree. It's a sort outable problem. I feel a bit for him because it can feel pretty s**t at the time though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back