Injury 2016 Injury updates - Salem 3-4 away

VDB looks to be ok..

DEMON DOWN

MELBOURNE is confident an ankle injury to Aaron vandenBerg is only minor despite the utility failing to return to the field on Sunday afternoon.

vandenBerg injured his left ankle after contesting a boundary throw in during the third quarter against the Western Bulldogs in Craigieburn.

He could be seen walking the boundary and even progressed into a jog, but was not risked in the 12-point win.

Lynden Dunn is another who finished the game on the sidelines after tweaking his groin.

“Both were precautionary and came off the ground. They should both be right to go next week,” stand-in coach Simon Goodwin said after the game.

Colin Garland also limped from the Craigieburn venue in the first half with what appeared to be a leg injury, but returned to complete the match.

Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...d/news-story/f5386e1398b1c5d6185b11266bca1f4c
Really wouldn't bother playing either of them next week, even if they are good to go

1113360.jpg

May 29, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, New York Jets
Definitely keen to rest Vanders even if he's right for the Saints, it's not like he has to earn a spot through good performance in the NAB. He's a lock in the best 22 so get him right and ready for the real stuff.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Where is Mitch White?? Is he injured? If not, why are Wagner and Hunt being picked ahead of him?
I seem to remember he did have a hiccup recently (as thats what injuries are now referred to as per those preseason reports from Roosy)

I can only imagine that's whats prevented him from getting a NAB game, otherwise you'd have thought he'd have gotten a crack.

Is there a time frame on our Melksham elevation? It may come down to the first few VFL rounds assuming that's allowed

Chris Dawes (calf) 1 week

Ben Newton (ankle) 2 weeks

Jeff Garlett (ankle) test

Jake Spencer (foot) 3-5 weeks

Max King (ankle) test

Jack Trengove (concussion) test

Mitch King (ACL) season

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
3-5 weeks is pretty much season ending in Misson vernacular so I don't expect Spencer to be back anytime soon. Shame about Mitchell King.

What happens if Gawn gets injured? Frost #1 ruck? Or throw Max King to the wolves?

3-5 weeks is pretty much season ending in Misson vernacular so I don't expect Spencer to be back anytime soon. Shame about Mitchell King.

What happens if Gawn gets injured? Frost #1 ruck? Or throw Max King to the wolves?
This is why we shouldn't of got rid of Jamar until one of the King boys is capable of playing at the top level.

Canary

All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
It's Maxmimus King's third year in the system and he strung together a few decent VFL games last year so I hardly think he'd be completely out his depth. If Gawn were to go down, I expect Frost and Pederson would do 25-30% with King to do 65% and Hogan/McDonald/Dunn/Billy Stretch to do the other 5-10%

dylan93

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's Maxmimus King's third year in the system and he strung together a few decent VFL games last year so I hardly think he'd be completely out his depth. If Gawn were to go down, I expect Frost and Pederson would do 25-30% with King to do 65% and Hogan/McDonald/Dunn/Billy Stretch to do the other 5-10%

Ummmmm Stretch is pretty much a midget bro? haha

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Is the 12 a typo? I'd be much happier if it was 21 weeks ;)
Garlett gets up this week surely.
Misson did say he'd "definitely play" last week.
That means nothing. Misson just flat out lies most of the time. Can't trust a word he says. That probably means AVB will play this week

Unlike everyone here I actually look forward to Chris Dawes returning. No matter how you spin it, Pedersen and Frost have been rubbish so far and at least Dawes puts pressure on them to compete.

Sure his hands are concrete, but he at least can make a proper contest and get into the right spots unlike Frost who seems to be off with the fairies half the time, plus he's a much better kick.

Back