Injury 2016 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I have always rated Otten, so you have no idea what you are talking about.

Ah, the truth comes out. It's not Shaw's injury history which was corrected on the surgical table that warrants his delisting after all. You used that instead of just stating that you don't rate him. Fair enough, at least that's a view which you can prosecute and not look foolish.

Ps, was obviously comparing your views on Shaw being a waste courtesy of his injury history. Surprised you failed to connect the dots.

Ah, the truth comes out. It's not Shaw's injury history which was corrected on the surgical table that warrants his delisting after all. You used that instead of just stating that you don't rate him. Fair enough, at least that's a view which you can prosecute and not look foolish.

Ps, was obviously comparing your views on Shaw being a waste courtesy of his injury history. Surprised you failed to connect the dots.
It's no secret that I don't believe Shaw is an Afl quality footballer & it's pointless keeping a very fringe injury-prone player on our list whose body doesn't stand up to the rigours of afl.

Try to keep up before you going on another of your rants... ;)

s**t, don't agree, I certainly don't agree with my post. I saw Kane McGoodwin liked your post which is contradictory to his recent argument on delisting Shaw due to his body not being up to it, so thought I'd take the opportunity to have a dig at him.
So you are using and abusing me just to get back at KMG? Cute.

Getting back to Otten, I can't see him being a regular 22 for us. Depth player at best. And I would be putting Shaw over Otten. This is not a throwaway statement either cause I like Otten.

It's no secret that I don't believe Shaw is an Afl quality footballer & it's pointless keeping a very fringe injury-prone player on our list whose body doesn't stand up to Tue rigours of afl.

Try to keep up before you going on another of your rants... ;)

So why carry on about his body which was clearly corrected by surgery instead of just stating you don't rate him as a footballer. I can only judge your reasoning based upon the words you post. I didn't know there was a knowledge prerequisite that I had to take into account. Oh, well, I know now that it's not his body, it's obviously his talent that you have issue with.

s**t, don't agree, I certainly don't agree with my post. I saw Kane McGoodwin liked your post which is contradictory to his recent argument on delisting Shaw due to his body not being up to it, so thought I'd take the opportunity to have a dig at him.
How is it contradictory that otten's career has been ruined by injury. Otten was a gun footballer who was runner up in the rising star - Shaw has never been his quality.

Have you been drinking today as you are in one of those moods...

So why carry on about his body which was clearly corrected by surgery instead of just stating you don't rate him as a footballer. I can only judge your reasoning based upon the words you post. I didn't know there was a knowledge prerequisite that I had to take into account. Oh, well, I know now that it's not his body, it's obviously his talent that you have issue with.
If you followed my posting history.

1. I have never rated Shaw as a player.
2. Imo it's pointless keeping an injury-prone fringe player on our list.

Not hard to follow.

Even Wayne'sworld Shaw's biggest fan knows my opinion.

Forgot about Keath TBH. Gone a bit quiet regarding him lately, he's been a bit injured from memory. Will be interesting to see whether he returns to cricket or commits to a full preseason come the end of the season.

I think that has more to do with the fact no one expects him to play this year. Everyone was excited when he initially came in and showed he could go because it boded well for next year after he had gone through a full preseason. He has strung the last 7 games together in a row at this point and about half (memory) have seen him named in the best (including last week). So his form is good and he is fit, but limited buzz because he won't play this year.

I have an issue with both!

If he wasn't injury-prone, perhaps worth persisting with.

If he was a gun, definitely worth persisting with.

Neither applies imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are using and abusing me just to get back at KMG? Cute.

Getting back to Otten, I can't see him being a regular 22 for us. Depth player at best. And I would be putting Shaw over Otten. This is not a throwaway statement either cause I like Otten.

Agree, but depth is needed and Otto can provide it at both ends. Could have come in for Tex this week or given Talia a week off if they thought it a good idea with his corkie. I can't see him pushing anyone out of the 22, but he's a good player to have around if we lose a mid sized player. Bit of a shame he's injured the week he was most likely to have come in and done a job for a week or 2.

How is it contradictory that otten's career has been ruined by injury. Otten was a gun footballer who was runner up in the rising star - Shaw has never been his quality.

:huh: doesn't compute

Adelaide's Sam Shaw a real Rising Star
ADELAIDE Crows defender Sam Shaw is the Round 21 AFL rising star nominee.

Shaw had 22 touches in the Crows' shock loss to Brisbane on Saturday night.

Adelaide coach Brenton Sanderson said Sam is reaping the rewards for his perseverance and hard work.

“We’ve been impressed with Sam. He was able to get some continuity in his training during the pre-season and earned an opportunity in the NAB Cup," he said.

"Since making his AFL debut, Sam’s been really solid in defence and along with Daniel Talia, will be an integral part of our backline for years to come."

You stated that Shaw should be delisted due to his body not being up to it. I argued that since his surgery has corrected the issue, it is no longer a relevant concern. Not once did you suggest the reason as being that you don't think he's talented enough. Not once. As I said earlier, I can only take your view at the written word. I cannot be responsible for not knowing information that you haven't posted in the discussion. I had no idea that you had an inherent dislike of Shaw's talent and I'm not sure why you'd expect me to know. Or why you wouldn't bother to mention it as it seems a key reason behind you wanting Shaw delisted. Very odd that it didn't come up during that discussion.

Not hard to follow.

You think I should be capable of instantly recalling your posting history. Should I research other posts in order to determine if there are other underlying views which you're failing to mention.

Look, you stated that Shaw should be delisted because his body isn't up to it. Nothing else was mentioned despite a number of posts and the opportunity to add it into your reasoning. You defended your view based upon that sole reason. Explain again why you would you expect me to think there's more to it. What was it, something about knowing your thoughts on every player. I should study all your posts better, I'm sorry Kane.

You think I should be capable of instantly recalling your posting history. Should I research other posts in order to determine if there are other underlying views which you're failing to mention.

Look, you stated that Shaw should be delisted because his body isn't up to it. Nothing else was mentioned despite a number of posts and the opportunity to add it into your reasoning. You defended your view based upon that sole reason. Explain again why you would you expect me to think there's more to it. What was it, something about knowing your thoughts on every player. I should study all your posts better, I'm sorry Kane.
Go & research my posting history if you must, as I have never rated Shaw. I have been 100% consistent on this.

Why do you reckon Wayne'sworld is always making friendly jibes about it...

You are seriously years behind if you have just worked this out today.

-

Not hard to follow.

Excuse me :mad: .......President of Shaw's fan club please !!! .......and you know exactly the reason you want Shaw delisted .....it's not his body, or his footy .....it's your failure to get acceptance into his fan club .......just bitterness ....................................................;):p

So what, bears no relevance to my post. The buzz was huge in the SANFL thread throughout the early part of the year and it's gone pretty quiet the last couple of months. That was clearly the point being made, not whether he had a few touches last weekend.
Your'e on another planet ? .......i think you forget what you post

1970crow said:
Forgot about Keath TBH. Gone a bit quiet regarding him lately, he's been a bit injured from memory. Will be interesting to see whether he returns to cricket or commits to a full preseason come the end of the season.

I responded he was one of our top possession winners last week .......please GO AWAY!

Go & research my posting history if you must, as I have never rated Shaw. I have been 100% consistent on this.

Why do you reckon Wayne'sworld is always making friendly jibes about it...

You are seriously years behind if you have just worked this out today.

-

Yep, I'm behind on who Kane McGoodwin does and doesn't rate. Only found out today that when you said he should retire because his body isn't up to it that you didn't mean that at all and want him gone because you don't rate him. Please forgive me Kane, I'm cataloging your likes and dislikes now so that I don't make the same mistake in the future.

Yep, I'm behind on who Kane McGoodwin does and doesn't rate. Only found out today that when you said he should retire because his body isn't up to it that you didn't mean that at all and want him gone because you don't rate him. Please forgive me Kane, I'm cataloging your likes and dislikes now so that I don't make the same mistake in the future.
It's been nearly as blatant as your dislike of mackay.

It's not like you are a recent poster. ;)

Your'e on another planet ? .......i think you forget what you post

I responded he was one of our top possession winners last week .......please GO AWAY!

No, I was referring to my recollection that he had some knee tendinitis or something like that and he wasn't getting mentioned in the SANFL thread like he was earlier in the year. I don't take as much interest in the stats sheets as you do. Apart from the televised games, I get all my SANFL information by reading the thread in here. My observation remains valid, very little mentioning of him in that thread, but obviously not due to the injury a little while back as was explained by another poster who can actually read and comprehend :rolleyes:.........

It's been nearly as blatant as your dislike of mackay.

It's not like you are a recent poster. ;)

Mate, Mackay is selected 20 times a season and is a constant topic of discussion. Shaw's name rarely ever comes up at all. My total knowledge on the rating of Shaw is WW's view. Haven't a clue what anyone else thinks. I know you don't rate Hendo.

Mate, Mackay is selected 20 times a season and is a constant topic of discussion. Shaw's name rarely ever comes up at all. My total knowledge on the rating of Shaw is WW's view. Haven't a clue what anyone else thinks. I know you don't rate Hendo.
You got that wrong again.

Last year I rated hendo well ahead of the likes of mackay & was handy at times.

This year he has been atrocious at times & just had to be dropped as he was. He was actually decent last week & was actually in better form than mackay, who has been ordinary of late.-

I judge on recent form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back