2nds 2016 Lions reserves and NEAFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No one is happy about results such as these, not me anyway. Nor was I happy with the result of the earlier meeting, that was raised, where the boot was on the other foot (which I attended) ..... for mine, we got nothing out of either result. Our current set up with the NEAFL is, for mine, the major issue restricting the development of our young talent, compared to what the traditional states have available. And results like this will continue, given a similar set of circumstances, whilst the Status Quo remains (is that a double entendre ??? - whatever that is).

This. But what do we , and the NEAFL do about it? Do we have a Brisbane Lions 'thirds' in the QAFL - with mature players available as topups for our seconds. I would appreciate any input from regular seconds watchers because the current setup is certainly impacting on our player development.

This. But what do we , and the NEAFL do about it? Do we have a Brisbane Lions 'thirds' in the QAFL - with mature players available as topups for our seconds. I would appreciate any input from regular seconds watchers because the current setup is certainly impacting on our player development.

The ability to sign genuine NEAFL quality mature senior players would help greatly.

Would have been great if guys like Stiller could have stayed on in our reserves team.

It must have been those lazy Sydney Academy topups not putting in which cost us the game.
The three swans top ups were playing their first game of Neafl and were 16 years old! I went to the game as one of the swans top ups was my son Sam Wicks
We didn't think his first Neafl game would be this year, or with the Lions. It was an amazing experience for him, and we are grateful to the lions and chris smith at the swans academy for the chance. Sam is currently 180cm and 70kgs (still growing) and the GWS guys were huge. The swans kids tried hard but they need a year or so more in the system to compete with the likes of GWS. The average height of the GWS team was 191cm!
In fact most of us left the game wondering how that GWS side would go against Fremantle or Essendon senior sides. Probably would lose but not be disgraced.
The Lions team tried hard but it was a big ask. To their credit they fought the whole game out, with various kids attacking the ball and the GWS guys as best they could. The game actually seemed like a pretty good contest at times, but the GWS team were bigger, faster and more settled than the Brisbane team that had been put together for the day.

The three swans top ups were playing their first game of Neafl and were 16 years old! I went to the game as one of the swans top ups was my son Sam Wicks
We didn't think his first Neafl game would be this year, or with the Lions. It was an amazing experience for him, and we are grateful to the lions and chris smith at the swans academy for the chance. Sam is currently 180cm and 70kgs (still growing) and the GWS guys were huge. The swans kids tried hard but they need a year or so more in the system to compete with the likes of GWS. The average height of the GWS team was 191cm!
In fact most of us left the game wondering how that GWS side would go against Fremantle or Essendon senior sides. Probably would lose but not be disgraced.
The Lions team tried hard but it was a big ask. To their credit they fought the whole game out, with various kids attacking the ball and the GWS guys as best they could. The game actually seemed like a pretty good contest at times, but the GWS team were bigger, faster and more settled than the Brisbane team that had been put together for the day.

What I took out of all that is we can draft you through the son-father link now. :D

be good to get an unbiased opinion, were you impressed by any of the lions listed or academy boys on the day?

Thanks for posting Ralphyboy. Just for clarity, jackess was being sarcastic - we know a lot of the top-ups are still kids and are very impressive.

I'm glad someone who was at the game can help add some insight for those on this board who can't accept why the score was what it was.

Thanks for posting Ralphyboy. Just for clarity, jackess was being sarcastic - we know a lot of the top-ups are still kids and are very impressive.

I'm glad someone who was at the game can help add some insight for those on this board who can't accept why the score was what it was.
No worries, I thought the comment was in good humour!

Season stats for the Lions 2016 NEAFL team

h9nDFPH.png

Season stats for the Lions 2016 NEAFL team

Well done Soul Cormick.
For a 10 game reference .... compare with Dawson.

(Won't probably ever make a list .... but the kid always had a crack)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back