Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The inside whisperers have been talking about an elite target at the end of 2017 for a while now. No surprises there.

B. Macreadie Marchbank Plowman
HB. Docherty Weitering Byrne
C. Williamson Cripps Cuningham
HF. Polson C.Curnow Pickett
F. LeBois McKay Silvagni
R. Phillips Petrevski-Seton Fisher

Rest. Kerr Gallucci Glass-McCasker

Excluding the ruckmen, that's a 23 and under team that we have to build on and around.

It is impressive list management work that they make up such a well balanced football side, except for a few more rotational mids. Polson and Pickett we need to show those qualities.

That is an impressive base to keep building upon. Some won't make it but we are now getting the quantity of quality that allow you to cope with the few who don't make it and keep building.

Whether we get ultimate success with what we are building, or just a consistent finals competitive team...we have done a smart job building a list from a deplorable base.

F. LeBois McKay Silvagni

Excluding the ruckmen, that's a 23 and under team that we have to build on and around.

It is impressive list management work that they make up such a well balanced football side, except for a few more rotational mids. Polson and Pickett we need to show those qualities.

That is an impressive base to keep building upon. Some won't make it but we are now getting the quantity of quality that allow you to cope with the few who don't make it and keep building.

Whether we get ultimate success with what we are building, or just a consistent finals competitive team...we have done a smart job building a list from a deplorable base.

Good list although Phillips is 24.

But you don't necessary have to have a ruckman under 24 they often don't peak till 25+

Is it somewhat interesting that we are so open to telling the footy world we are chasing a big fish?
Thought we might have not declared it so openly publicly.

A few thoughts here.

1. We are starting a conversation so it comes as no surprise and a high profile player who has agreed to come doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting in breaking it to his team.

2. We are letting players know we are in the market so they can have a good look at us all year as a viable destination.

3. We are announcing that we believe our rebuild will be at the stage where we can start adding the cream. Excites supporters and backs in the young players we currently have.

Good list although Phillips is 24.

But you don't necessary have to have a ruckman under 24 they often don't peak till 25+

He did say except for the ruckman. However Phillips is 25 turning 26 mid 2017. He is going to have to go against reasonable expectations if he is to come from such an inexperienced grounding to break out rising 26 with only 30 games behind him.

He did say except for the ruckman. However Phillips is 25 turning 26 mid 2017. He is going to have to go against reasonable expectations if he is to come from such an inexperienced grounding to break out rising 26 with only 30 games behind him.

I don't mind him, I think he will continue to improve over the next 2 years, as the side does, similar to what Tom Hickey at saints did this year

F. LeBois McKay Silvagni

Nice list can also add Sumner , Boekhust , Jaksch , Kerridge , Graham and Buckley who are 23 or under. Would absolutely smash Richmond's best 23 and under side.

F. LeBois McKay Silvagni

Imagine that spine in 3 seasons time. Just wow!

F. Sumner McKay Silvagni

Rest. Buckley Graham Jaksch Kerr Gallucci Glass-McCasker Le Bois Boakhurst

Just added some others but that is seriously exciting.
Development is the key now. Over to you Bolts!

If Jaksch's ability comes out of his unintended, self-imposed closet............we'll really have something going.

If hoping helped, I'd hope a lot. Just do it Kristian. You know you can. Everybody does.

Would love to know Bolton's thoughts re Jaksch.
Played 1 senior game last year .
Is his card already marked ?
Was last year a grounding/tough love ?
Which position does he see him suited too ?
What does he need to do to play seniors ?
So many questions and we can only wait and watch but wouldn't it be a massive bonus if everything clicked for him this year ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've mentioned in another post around here that we'll likely pick one of Kreuzer/Phillips, one of Gorringe/Casboult, then decide how to proceed with our off-season acquisitions based on Korcheck's status.

If someone comes along and gets us a first round or end of first round pick for Kreuzer, I think we'd offload him. Less than that, and we'd probably push Phillips out the door if things stay on current trend.

With Gorringe and Casboult, it's more of a question of senior performance, unless someone comes along with an offer.
Isn't Kreuzer a free agent next year?

I think we'll see Macreadie play forward a few times in the VFL. SOS made specific mention in his post-draft interview of him being able to play CHF, which stood out to me.

Effectively, this years Grand Final Centre Half Forwards were Zaine Cordy and Xavier Richards. Both drafted as potential defenders and lower rated than Macreadie.

There are no blanket rules. Footy is like it always has been. Build a team around the sum of your players and to suit a coach's gamestyle. Any of Macreadie, Weits or Marchbank could be thrown forward for any period of time if the team requires you would think.

Imagine that spine in 3 seasons time. Just wow!
All the stress fractures! :eek:

Isn't Kreuzer a free agent next year?
Yup

Cheers. So this talk of Kreuzer getting us a first round pick is not going to happen. If we bring in a free agent, as talk suggests, we would get no compensation for him. Worth more to us than to let him go.
That's if we manage to sign someone.

Would love to know Bolton's thoughts re Jaksch.
Played 1 senior game last year .
Is his card already marked ?
Was last year a grounding/tough love ?
Which position does he see him suited too ?
What does he need to do to play seniors ?
So many questions and we can only wait and watch but wouldn't it be a massive bonus if everything clicked for him this year ...

Bolts is no stranger in letting a player develop his game and bide his time in the VFL. The Hawks are/were masters at it.
In this instance, I think the only thing holding back Jaksch is Jaksch. I hope the penny drops because the boy can play.

Bolts is no stranger in letting a player develop his game and bide his time in the VFL. The Hawks are/were masters at it.
In this instance, I think the only thing holding back Jaksch is Jaksch. I hope the penny drops because the boy can play.

Hope so.

Our guy at Cramer St. T60 has some interaction with the Jaksch people

Over to you....

A few thoughts here.

1. We are starting a conversation so it comes as no surprise and a high profile player who has agreed to come doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting in breaking it to his team.

2. We are letting players know we are in the market so they can have a good look at us all year as a viable destination.

3. We are announcing that we believe our rebuild will be at the stage where we can start adding the cream. Excites supporters and backs in the young players we currently have.

For a moment there it appeared you were describing my technique as a younger man with talking to the ladies at a nightclub!

Yeah but where is he best suited to line-up?
Defender I reckon but competition back there has him surpassed.
Probably needs more beef to succeed as a forward (actually full stop) and he didn't see out the only game last season after starting forward (though blustery conditions but mastered by JW in his short stint up there, injured and all).

C'mon KJ, lift man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back