Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking laterally given we used Thomas there this year. He's still a smart and hard running footballer, no matter what you think of his kicking under pressure.

With some decent runners to support him and the core midfield, he won't play out the second half of the year like he did this year. Even Kerridge and Ed dropped away pretty sharply. Now there's Smedts, Pickett and Palmer to support, along with better decision making out of defence in Marchbank.

Another year learning the systems too. Thomas is the right guy for the job.

couldn't disagree more. cant kick cant run and another year on he will be worse. also not the future and we need to move forward

Please explain why you gave the hawks a future 2nd rd pick for chips? I'm lost as to why

It helped the Hawks land JOM. SOS wanted the picks back we used for Pickett and Palmer, feels the draft runs deep so its been said today. We scratched their back this year and did them a massive favour in landing JOM. Expect that to be returned in kind next year from them when we are working something.

Please explain why you gave the hawks a future 2nd rd pick for chips? I'm lost as to why
Worked out to be equivalent to #41 on points in the picks we got back, but more importantly (apparently) it gave us an extra pick in the 4th round.

Given GWS are likely top 2 next year (it was their future pick, not ours), that puts it in the likely range of #34-#38. Discounting for the fact that it's a future pick, and the gap really isn't far off (if at all, see other future pick trades).

You only get equivalent points or overs if one club is desperate to get out of this draft, and we were apparently keen to get more involved.

Our best team on paper looks like this for me (players ages will be as of round 1 next year);

Simpson(33)-------Marchbank(20)-------Plowman(22)
Byrne(22)----------Weitering(19)-------Docherty(23)
Kerridge(24)--------Cripps(22)---------Gibbs(28)
Pickett(20)----------Rowe(29)---------C.Curnow(20)
Silvagni(19)---------McKay(19)--------Sumner(23)
Phillips(25)----------Murphy(29)-------E.Curnow(27)

Bench: Cuningham(20) Wright(27) Boekhorst(23) Palmer(28)

18 - 22 y.o: 10
23 - 26 y.o: 5
27 - 30 y.o: 6
31+: 1

Picks 5, 25, 48, 63, 66, 70

Hopefully pick #5 (and possibly #25) are ready to go midfielders like Brodie who should feel comfortable being placed in an experienced midfield.

Our best team on paper looks like this for me (players ages will be as of round 1 next year);

Simpson(33)-------Marchbank(20)-------Plowman(22)
Byrne(22)----------Weitering(19)-------Docherty(23)
Kerridge(24)--------Cripps(22)---------Gibbs(28)
Pickett(20)----------Rowe(29)---------C.Curnow(20)
Silvagni(19)---------McKay(19)--------Sumner(23)
Phillips(25)----------Murphy(29)-------E.Curnow(27)

Bench: Cuningham(20) Wright(27) Boekhorst(23) Palmer(28)

18 - 22 y.o: 10
23 - 26 y.o: 5
27 - 30 y.o: 6
31+: 1

Picks 5, 25, 48, 63, 66, 70

Hopefully pick #5 (and possibly #25) are ready to go midfielders like Brodie who should feel comfortable being placed in an experienced midfield.

looks okay. will make a big difference if we really nail our picks and jaksch g-mac gallucci stand up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looks okay. will make a big difference if we really nail our picks and jaksch g-mac gallucci stand up

Yep. If Jaksch pulls the finger out, he's another 3rd tall in that forward line. If G-Mac comes on, another key defender.

I'd normally be hesitant to throw 18 year old mids into the deep end but if picks #5 and #25 have the ability to make an impact from the beginning, they've got a very experienced midfield to back them up.

So we have a maximum of 40 for the senior list; Byrne upgraded; Armfield signed; 6 picks; 2 open lists spots; 6 uncontracted players.

We need to delist 4 just to make our picks at the draft, 5 if we want to sign a DFA. So that's pretty much everyone but Buckley gone, which I suppose is why we're looking at a re-rookie for Sheehan and DVR. If we're successful with that, that's our entire rookie compliment.

Our entire list could just about be finalised after the ND.

Yep. If Jaksch pulls the finger out, he's another 3rd tall in that forward line. If G-Mac comes on, another key defender.

I'd normally be hesitant to throw 18 year old mids into the deep end but if picks #5 and #25 have the ability to make an impact from the beginning, they've got a very experienced midfield to back them up.

these days the kids are so well prepared. midfielders especially if given an injury free pre season can step in and play 15 plus games and we need mids

Im surprised to learn De Boer is only 26...for memory he won the WAFL best player award from 14 games or something this year...would be handy for depth.
Maybe Barlow
Not sure about Richards...seems like another Jaksch type got some talent but no size on him and not aggressive/competitive.
Can we get Lennon or is he contracted?

Difference is Richards was able to get games at a side that was challenging

Who plays in the back line instead, and who alternates with Simpson to drop into defence? Kerridge?

He was not a PSD pick, he was a DFA, and has been pointed out the PSD is a last chance saloon for players who wish to move clubs when their existing clubs won't delist them prior to this (three DFA periods + national draft).

Just because I feel Daisy should be replaced with Kerridge, palmer or someone else doesn't mean I want them to play his position.

Most of the guys I mentioned should be DFA, are you keen on any?

Just because I feel Daisy should be replaced with Kerridge, palmer or someone else doesn't mean I want them to play his position.

Most of the guys I mentioned should be DFA, are you keen on any?
Who should drop into our defence then?

Barlow as a DFA, and it's only 4 GWS players to be delisted as it turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back