Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I posted earlier about Josh Kennedy, but I think I know why we helped the Hawks.

What are the chances that we are in play for Breust?

Could've SOS said to Wright, "we'll help you here and in return you help us by not matching our bid for Breust, but we'll make sure its high enough that you'll receive a decent compo pick"

I love a bit of a conspiracy theory ;)
Another theory is that we wanted Hawthorn to land JOM to reduce the list of teams vying for Fyfe next year.

Another theory is that we wanted Hawthorn to land JOM to reduce the list of teams vying for Fyfe next year.
Hawks will go all in for Fyfe - so list clean out of Sam Mitchell, Lewis, Hill, etc. was planned (max. one year contracts) with Hodge, Burgoyne, Gibson, etc. also likely to go ....

because our legendary football manager andy mckay said its an advantage to have your picks spread out and in each round. :rolleyes:

Supposed to be a really strong draft most of the way through so we wanted picks this year rather than next year. You'd assume there's not alot of difference between GWS 2nd pick next and and pick 48.

SOS has done amazingly well ...

... we somehow got both Marchbank and Pickett (which so called experts thought we would need to use pick 5 for)!

... however we got to keep
... pick 5
... Gibbs
... pick 25

On top of all of that we have plenty of draft picks to use.

All for losing Thuoy and next years second (and even then we somehow got a second back but decided to do Hawthorn a solid!).

Whats simon whites position? Really like the guy but if its a choice of him or a younger kid id go the kid
Right now he's smashing beers with Gibbs and Thomas somewhere overseas. Must be tough on Gibbs.
Anyway..... White might not get many games next year now that we have Marchbank. That's a good thing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

when do the delistings happen?

Tutt, Whiley and Everitt are gone imo but then im not sure who else
There's multiple delisting dates, but the first DFA period starts on November 1st.

We'll likely cut 5 by then, but we might pick up a second DFA after the draft if we pass on pick 70.

Without trying to tempt fate, given Plowman's & Marchbank's history of injury I wouldn't mind seeing the club acquire Xavier Richards as a DFA or in the PSD. Rowe's also getting on and is awfully slow. Like that Richards is a more naturally proactive defender and therefore has more tricks than someone who is essentially limited to a lockdown role. Probably best suited in defence, but like Weitering has shown the potential to be used at either end. Other than a 2 year contract at a relatively minimal amount he isn't exactly going to cost a lot. There's also not a lot of quality talls going to become available in the next 2 NDs (2016/2017).

Thoughts???

Without trying to tempt fate, given Plowman's & Marchbank's history of injury I wouldn't mind seeing the club acquire Xavier Richards as a DFA or in the PSD. Rowe's also getting on and is awfully slow. Like that Richards is a more naturally proactive defender and therefore has more tricks than someone who is essentially limited to a lockdown role. Probably best suited in defence, but like Weitering has shown the potential to be used at either end. Other than a 2 year contract at a relatively minimal amount he isn't exactly going to cost a lot. There's also not a lot of quality talls going to become available in the next 2 NDs (2016/2017).

Thoughts???
With our list of forwards, Weitering is a fair way down the order for getting used there at present (remember how many of them were injured at the same time mid-year).

We're probably one solid KPD from good depth, but we've got JGM on the rookie list, and White can pinch hit. We'll probably restructure that next year when Rowe and White come out of contract.

Whats simon whites position? Really like the guy but if its a choice of him or a younger kid id go the kid

No where near the field hopefully.

I hate this guy and he is a liability IMO with no awareness what so ever who makes me cringe when he has ball in hand. :(

He has only got games in the last few years because of the ineptness of our back line but as of right now he needs to be pushed out.

really? there are players i don't think should play but hate is a very poor choice of words.

Oh well it is what it is and if Simon White is getting games in our best 22 we are struggling.

Surely the word is 'frustrates' due to his skill errors.

Hate is way too strong lol he gives 100% effort...

Yeah you are right and apologies to the forum politically correct Police.

Hate is to strong a word in todays society and for that i am sorry.

My bad and the 100% effort is great even if he struggles with actually playing the game.

#cantsayhate

WTF is the world coming to? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back