Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You watch by the time that the draft comes about.

Pick #4 (which we'll lkely hold) will be someone you desperately want and #9 may be a so-so player:
2013: #4 Bontempelli #9 Salem

OK OK, it won't be like that but it could be SPS vs Taranto or Powell-Pepper.
Give me a Bont anyday of the week.

I'm totally fine with finding another big body to anchor our defense - just not sold on a) Marchbank being that player, and b) needing to pay a premium to find any player in that vein.

We've got other priorities at the moment, and can address the defensive gorilla gap with a later pick rather than coughing up a valuable first rounder that should really be used to bring in a quality mid or forward.

I get that, I suppose it depends on what's required to get him across, if he can be brought across in a package with a few other players it lessens the pain of losing a first rounder (especially if one is a mid), similarly, with his recent injury, you'd imagine his value just dropped..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Pick #4 (which we'll lkely hold) will be someone you desperately want and #9 may be a so-so player:

You think Powell-Pepper will go that high. I see him going somewhere in the 20's.

To add to the discussion, here's some of their relevant VFL stats for this year (stats for most recent games aren't available):

Honeychurch (10 games)
Avg. Disposals - 28.4
Efficiency - 69.7%
Avg. Tackles - 6.5

Lukas Webb (10 games)
Avg. Disposals - 23.9
Efficiency - 65.7%
Avg. Tackles - 4.8

Bailey Dale (7 games)
Avg. Disposals - 18.6
Efficiency - 64.6%
Avg. Tackles - 2.9

Hrovat (1 game)
Disposals - 20
Efficiency - 95%
Tackles - 2

Wouldn't mind Jong either who's been in and out of the team.

Wouldn't mind Jong either who's been in and out of the team.

Id like Jong as well. You would think with Wallis going down, his value and price would have risen significantly if he stays a Bulldog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just about enough for these guys to be delisted :

FORGET Tinder, Carlton’s Jed Lamb has turned to Twitter to try and find a date to one of his club’s biggest nights of the season. Lamb tweeted he and teammate Kristian Jaksch are looking for dates to the Blues’ best and fairest later this year.
The boys sound incredibly keen, with Lamb pleading for his request to be re-tweeted to help spread the word as far and wide as possible.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/3e551e7d4081c071374830e0401119b1

If he is as good as many people seem to think he is, then other clubs will certainly be offering their first rounder to secure his services.
Have you never been through a trade period before?

Out of contract + nominated club = no bidding war.

If he nominates us. We'll get him for far less than our first.

If he is as good as many people seem to think he is, then other clubs will certainly be offering their first rounder to secure his services.

I wouldn't give up pick #4 or 5 for Prestia, but it staggers me that some think our 2nd pick and steak knives would be enough.

Scott Clayton is a pain in the arse to deal with, remember he rejected a trade of Cale Hooker and pick #19 for Josh Caddy a few years. Unless we can somehow use the PSD card on Gold Coast, i doubt we'll find a suitable trade for Prestia.

Tom Mitchell seems more gettable (and imo a better player anyway)

I wouldn't give up pick #4 or 5 for Prestia, but it staggers me that some think our 2nd pick and steak knives would be enough.

Scott Clayton is a pain in the arse to deal with, remember he rejected a trade of Cale Hooker and pick #19 for Josh Caddy a few years. Unless we can somehow use the PSD card on Gold Coast, i doubt we'll find a suitable trade for Prestia.

I dont think anyone has suggested a 2nd Pick and steaknives. I think everyone is mostly in agreeance that his value is around the #12-18 mark, so a late first round pick.

It just so happens that the AFL's point system means 2nd Round picks and Steaknives can get you late first rounders.

Back in the day people would always throw up hypothetical trades like List Clogger, Fringe Best 22 Player and 2nd Round Pick for a star. With the AFL's points system, those are no longer pipe dreams.

Two 2nds = A late 1st. So trading players like Touhy, Casboult and Everitt does have every likelihood of netting us Prestia.

As I said earlier Sheik - he is uncontracted.

That generally means players get to where they want to go without the receiving club paying "overs".

Unless it is Collingwood in 2015!!!

I'll take our pick 13 out of that draft any day of the week thank you very much :)

Clayton wanted Everitt last year.

Offer them Everitt plus 2nd round pick.

If they don't like that??

GTFU!!!!

We don't need Prestia that desperately - save the picks, go to the draft and get a quality mature mid in 2 years time as a Free Agent.

As I said earlier Sheik - he is uncontracted.

That generally means players get to where they want to go without the receiving club paying "overs".

Unless it is Collingwood in 2015!!!

If he is uncontracted, then the Suns can play hard ball by saying 'pay us what we want or he goes into the draft', we would do the same if it was us.

Brendon Bolton: "We need to go to the draft, if we trade it needs to be in the early twenties in terms of age bracket"

Prestia = 24 by the time of the trade period, turning 25 next year.

Will Brendon deem a player in his mid 20's too old?

Encouraging that he said we need to go to the draft. Very encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back