Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
agree. i think that unless the rules change the game will just more and more of a contested ball contest all around the ground. i would hate to be a key forward these days. it's rarely kicked to a contest up forward and if it is its against a swarm of opposition. sides now hold the ball and hit a target or get sides on turnovers and kick the ball into space for the running players. the 2 best at these days are swans & dogs. over the past few years it has been the hawks but this year they really struggled to win the ball around the ground

The Swans v Cats game was a serious eye opener.

It seems there are many different ways to win a football match.

Cats won the inside 50's 72-40 and still got smashed.

Masterful coaching by Longmire.

Zerohangar report GWS offer up Marchbank and Stewart for Pick 5
I'd be surprised if they didn't, but that's their starting point for the negotiations. Carlton would be saying 2nd rounder gets it done and in the end both parties will meet somewhere in the middle. Nothing has changed.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a bad idea looking at the Dogs - they run a press, we run a press (or did for those few weeks we could pull it off anyway).

What we should look at is how they're running blokes like Picken, Smith & Dunkley through the forward line.

I don't think it's a bad idea looking at the Dogs - they run a press, we run a press (or did for those few weeks we could pull it off anyway).

What we should look at is how they're running blokes like Picken, Smith & Dunkley through the forward line.

i think the way bolton wants us to play has similarities. just lack the talent & depth

i think the way bolton wants us to play has similarities. just lack the talent & depth
I think good coaches build a game plan around the list they have. The Bulldogs have an abundance of talented smalls and mids. It they had another talented tall to consider they would probably be getting a game.

I think good coaches build a game plan around the list they have. The Bulldogs have an abundance of talented smalls and mids. It they had another talented tall to consider they would probably be getting a game.

There is a little bit to this, but they also target specific needs and address them.

Maybe, but will anyone be interested in Kruezer after last year?
Gibbsy girlfriend (Lauren) from Adelaide
they just had a baby and she now wants to go home
Gibbs has spoken to Carlton and met with Adelaide
its whether or not they can get a trade done
Look for the swans to get involved......Adelaide to give round 1 pick to Swans and we get Mitchell
Swans don't want Mitchell to go to Hawthorn

West Coast in 06, Geelong in 07, Geelong in 09 (Hawkins was a child) and Sydney in 2012 all beg to differ.

id still include hawks of last three years. they had resting rucks & roughead didn't play like a key forward. most of the time he was on a wing or helping in defence. gunton bruest rioli & poppy are their targets. more about roles. roughead a very good player though

Look for the swans to get involved......Adelaide to give round 1 pick to Swans and we get Mitchell

is this serious?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not dismissing the possibility that Gibbs may have asked for a trade to an Adelaide club. I am very doubtful however that anyone will take a gamble on Kruezer as part of a trade.

Zerohangar report GWS offer up Marchbank and Stewart for Pick 5

I still say it is too much....we need to keep Pick 5 and target one of the good mids in the draft....hopefully Brodie
Zerohanger are Essendon supporting plebs. They're literal pond scum and only share negative information about Carlton, they'd love us to give up Pick #5 for Marchbank and Stewart so they report it. We've said thousands of times we will not be traidng pick #5 for Marchbank, Stewart would hardly change that. 201 2nd Rounder...

You know this how?

You are stating it as FACT.

As for Lauren 'just' having a baby, he is now 15 months old.

sorry to intrude, but what do you guys think you'll have to give up for Marchbank? Pick 5 has been said to be off the table, but doubt your second rounder alone gets it done. Any ideas?

sorry to intrude, but what do you guys think you'll have to give up for Marchbank? Pick 5 has been said to be off the table, but doubt your second rounder alone gets it done. Any ideas?
2017 2nd Rounder.

GWS have (x) picks already this season, they have the standard 3 for next draft. As with every year they will need extra picks for Academy players. Our 2017 2nd Rounder, therefore is more important than our 2016 2nd Rounder, so they'll prefer that. GWS will consider it likely it will be a high 2nd rounder close to pick #20 odd, with the 20% discount GWS get on all their picks, that pick will effectively be worth a pick in the late teens to them.

Effectively, due to GWS's Academy status, our 2017 2nd Rounder to GWS, would be equivalent to about pick #13-#17 if it was going to a non Academy club with a player like Marchbank.

2017 2nd Rounder = Marchbank.

All sorts of equations being thrown about, some crazy, some sane, depending on your point of view I guess.

Most people think it won't just be Marchbank coming in from GWS so it will take more than one pick, including a future pick which GWS may value more as they are already loaded up with plenty of good ones this year, as per usual.

But pick 5 is overs and 23 unders so yes, there is some water to go under the bridge yet.

We will no doubt be pushing for a 2nd rounder. Marchbank's value is probably somewhere in between, but GWS also want to clear cap and list space apparently, so we can take someone else off them (or two) to help them out and get a discount. 2nd could probably get it done.

Cheers guys.

I was thinking something along the lines of

Carlton IN: Marchbank, Pick 15/17 (Maybe Stewart?)
GWS IN: Pick 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back