Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually hear Andy Maher's raging boner throb as he talks about us possibly landing Fyfe post-2017. Not good radio.

Seriously!? it's bloody fantastic! Andy is a passionate Blues man....let him be. For what's its worth I think he is reasonably balanced when discussing trade scenarios.
Go and listen to Eddie on Triple M dripping over everything Collingwood...

One of the things that has me most excited about Harry McKay is that the crows were so heavily into him last year. They are just about the best in the business when it comes to recruiting KPP.
Interestingly SEN were talking about Harry today. He made last year's draft by a couple of days.
They suggested he would be possibly talked about as the number one pick this year if had been born a few days later.

Interestingly SEN were talking about Harry today. He made last year's draft by a couple of days.
They suggested he would be possibly talked about as the number one pick this year if had been born a few days later.

So in effect we already have our 2016 1st round pick so losing #5 shouldnt be that big a deal..

They can shove 15 where the sun doesn't shine.
If they get 5 then we get 7.
Then it's up to them to get 3 out of Fremantle.
If we don't have a pick in this draft until the mid teens, in the second year of a rebuild, then we are not taking the rebuild seriously.
Pretty sure GWS are really keen to get an earlier pick so they can get pick before any clubs bid on any of their "academy" kids.
If they get pick 5 from us and we got pick 7 back and swap of 2nd round picks for Marchbank/Stewart.
They could then trade McCarthy to Freo for pick 3 and give back our pick 5 and another swap of later picks.
This gives GWS pick 3, Freo pick 5 and us pick 7.

Where do people rate Marchbank in terms of draft ranking this year. If he was to go into the open draft, where do we all think he would get picked up? I would suggest somewhere between 10-20 based on his potential (like any other draftee). He would be a chance to go #10 to Saints who need a key back. The dogs at #18? The fact that he is not contracted and we have the upper hand in negotiations pegs him back a few spots, I really think that he should be pegged around #18 in points value. This pick is worth 985 points. Our #23 is worth 815 points. We should be able to get this deal done easily with our 2nd this year and 4th next year. Not our problem that GWS want to secure Pick 5 for bumping into Pick 1. I'd be happy to maintain the balance of our list and add Pick5, Marchbank and the 3rd rounders we currently have. there is some talent in the 3rd round, if we pick wisely, we could add some midfield potential.

From what I've heard, SOS actively discouraged us from chasing Jacksch citing the work ethic issues that are abundantly clear now. Rogers wanted his man and SOS's advice was brushed to the side.

Andrew McKay and Adrian Gleeson are the two of the luckiest men in (still in) football. Any other professional organisation would have booted them by now

Still not sure I understand how McKay and Gleeson are responsible for Rogers decisions. If Rogers wasn't strong enough to make his own draft/trade decisions then he was the wrong man for the job. I doubt SOS will be laying blame at other people's feet for decisions he makes.

From what I've heard, SOS actively discouraged us from chasing Jacksch citing the work ethic issues that are abundantly clear now. Rogers wanted his man and SOS's advice was brushed to the side.

Andrew McKay and Adrian Gleeson are the two of the luckiest men in (still in) football. Any other professional organisation would have booted them by now
If that was true then SOS would have to be the luckiest person involved in football because that is about as unprofessional as you can get.
I think it's just a myth!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure GWS are really keen to get an earlier pick so they can get pick before any clubs bid on any of their "academy" kids.
If they get pick 5 from us and we got pick 7 back and swap of 2nd round picks for Marchbank/Stewart.
They could then trade McCarthy to Freo for pick 3 and give back our pick 5 and another swap of later picks.
This gives GWS pick 3, Freo pick 5 and us pick 7.
Brisbane are open to a trade on pick #2.
That should be enough to get McGrath.
GWS can trade it for pick #7 and #16.
If we trade them pick #23 for the oft-injured Marchbank that will get them an instant replacement in Brodie from their academy.

Is it unreasonable for me to prefer any 2 man package to be marchbank/picket instead of Stewart ? Admittedly I've seen next to nothing of Stewart, but we have a decent stock of young forwards and pickets one-touch talent potentially through the midfield gets me far more exited.

I can actually hear Andy Maher's raging boner throb as he talks about us possibly landing Fyfe post-2017. Not good radio.

Andy Maher is a soporific tool. Despite claiming to have Carlton DNA in his blood, for the past 4 years he's been nothing more than an Essendon Apologist, quite happy to drink and dispense all the Kool-Aid spin that his on air partner Tim Watson :rolleyes: was dishing up.

As for his views on the Marchbank deal / he's all to willing to send pick 5 to GWS "to get the deal done" without even talking about how inequitous that deal is and yet in the next breath says that Gold Coast would have to sweeten the deal for Richmond if they expected pick 6 from them for Dion Prestia.

Andy Maher is dull and a dill.

:rolleyes:

Seriously!? it's bloody fantastic! Andy is a passionate Blues man....let him be. For what's its worth I think he is reasonably balanced when discussing trade scenarios.
Go and listen to Eddie on Triple M dripping over everything Collingwood...

Maher's performance during the * saga was bloody disgraceful .
Collaboration with the despised enemy is a despicable act and he'll carry it for life !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back