Analysis 2016 List Management Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiousity, why? I've seen a number of posters discuss similar scenarios which leave us no better off than just keeping our original picks.
Unless we're getting back multiple picks or players, to me it doesn't make a whole heap of sense.
I imagine we could work enough out of a future first trade to make it a benefit for us. 2017 1st to GC for #8 and #22 would be my personal preference. Get the equivalent first round and get the pick #22 for free.

Much rather Jong than either of those 2.... Can't believe he isn't being mentioned more

Probably because Jong has been heavily linked to Collingwood and gold coast..plus there has been no rumours at all about us being into him.

Whereas publicly haven't heard about Hrovat, honeychurch and Stevens preference, ans there has been a rumour about us and Hrovat.

Out of curiousity, why? I've seen a number of posters discuss similar scenarios which leave us no better off than just keeping our original picks.
Unless we're getting back multiple picks or players, to me it doesn't make a whole heap of sense.

Our biggest weakness is our midfield. This year is a midfielder's draft.

Adding Brodie and Taranto would be huge.

Any word yet on whether Sheehan is likely to get another year with you guys? Waiting to see how trade week, and specifically Tuohy's future plays out? From a purely selfish perspective I hope Tuohy stays, or more specifically doesn't end up at North. It'd mean I'd have to start watching North regularly :(:straining:

Any word yet on whether Sheehan is likely to get another year with you guys? Waiting to see how trade week, and specifically Tuohy's future plays out? From a purely selfish perspective I hope Tuohy stays, or more specifically doesn't end up at North. It'd mean I'd have to start watching North regularly :(:straining:

Why? Are you Irish

What it may do, is for the group to consolidate and get to know each other on and off the ground.

2015 had a huge intake as will this year and if we can add some more key talent next year along with identifying FA's, then at least in theory we have a launching pad to move from.

Last year we took on 15 new faces. This year will be 13 and next year, as much as a dozen again.
I don't mind then if we did all the hard work in '15, '16 & '17, bring aboard some FA's in '17 & '18 along with Ben Silvagni.

That's why I see 2018 as being the leap year where the concentration happened in the first three and then allowed the list to breathe and build.
That just feels like the strategy to me as then after 66 games it will well and truly be SOS's and Bolton's team. No escaping that.
I can see the benefit of that but imo that isn't reason enough to put all of our eggs in the 2016 draft basket, it's more an additional perk if a suitable trade can be found.

Only player that has been delisted that I would be slightly interested in is Grimes.
Knows how to find the pill and has leadership qualities (not sure if they are good or bad qualities though)...

Good, I think. I'd rather him than convince ourselves getting thrown-ins on a major deal are "depth". At least Grimes builds the Leadership Density, and costs nothing. Could do worse, if expectations are modest.

I imagine we could work enough out of a future first trade to make it a benefit for us. 2017 1st to GC for #8 and #22 would be my personal preference. Get the equivalent first round and get the pick #22 for free.
That'd be great, gaining additional picks at our stage of a rebuild just makes sense. :thumbsu:
trading 2017 pick 6 for 2016 pick 6 straight up is kinda meh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Harsh on Wood! He played a lone hand in the ruck while Krooz was down, ripped Selwood's head off and ended Warnock's career. Not sure what more you could ask of him.
Warnock ended his own career I think... wanted a pay rise while not offering much in return.

And I should have phrased the Wood comment slightly different. He didn't work hard enough with the chances he got. And he even admits it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back