List Mgmt. 2016 List Management Resource Compilation Thread with Key Post-Season Dates

How do you think we did in the 2016 trade, FA and draft periods? (Answer after they've happened)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So now what? We have four confirmed outs (Lyons, VB, Jaensch and Lowden).

Do we re-sign Dear for one more year, delist Grigg and Henderson, take 13, 43, 53 and 67 to the draft and upgrade O'Brien?

Can't delist Henderson and Grigg unless we want to take picks beyond 67 or upgrade multiple rookies

RippaRiley43

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't delist Henderson and Grigg unless we want to take picks beyond 67 or upgrade multiple rookies
Yeah, my bad, I messed up the counting. Delisting both means six vacancies and we have four picks. Which one should we delist then?

Or can we delist both and pick up a Delisted Free Agent from another club?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
So now what? We have four confirmed outs (Lyons, VB, Jaensch and Lowden).

Do we re-sign Dear for one more year, delist Grigg and Henderson, take 13, 43, 53 and 67 to the draft and upgrade O'Brien?

What's the go with Dear, on the chopping block. Unsigned, not traded, same boat as Hendo and Grigg. Perhaps he wanted more cash and the club allowed him to seek a suitor and it didn't eventuate.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, my bad, I messed up the counting. Delisting both means six vacancies and we have four picks. Which one should we delist then?

We can keep selecting until we fill our list. There wasn't any movement with our 5th and 6th round picks to my knowledge.

Bacon8

Cancelled
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sunderland, Penguins, Strikers

We have as many picks as required to fill spots.

RippaRiley43

Club Legend
Jan 27, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
We have as many picks as required to fill spots.
So is this correct?

If we want to take picks 13, 43, 53 and 67 to the draft, then assuming O'Brien is also upgraded, we can only delist one of Grigg/Henderson (five total vacancies). If we want to delist both (and hence have six vacancies), then we have to do one of the following:

- Draft beyond pick 67 (I imagine we don't want to do this, except perhaps for Ben Jarman)
- Upgrade a second rookie (such as Greenwood)
- Pick up a delisted free agent.

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
LIST CHANGES
Departures

Nathan van Berlo (retired, played 205 AFL games for Crows)
Matthew Jaensch (retired, played 74 AFL games for Crows)
Jarryd Lyons (traded to Gold Coast Suns, played 55 AFL games for Crows)
Ricky Henderson (delisted, played 90 AFL games for Crows)
Mitch Grigg (delisted, played 20 AFL games for Crows)
Luke Lowden (delisted, played 0 AFL games for Crows, 1 for Hawthorn)
Keenan Ramsey (delisted rookie, 0 AFL games for Crows)

Upgraded rookie
Reilly O’Brien

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-10-31/crows-finalise-list-changes

simmo97

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The article mentions contract extensions for Beech & Hunter. Conspicuously absent are the names Greenwood & Keath. I would expect both to be offered new 12-month contracts, so I'm surprised that neither were mentioned in that press release.

Greenwood is already contracted for 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I correct in thinking that we have 5 free spots on our list currently? 6 out and 1 in (well, upgraded).

2 retired (Van Berlo, Jeansch)
3 delisted (Lowden, Grigg, Henderson)
1 traded (Lyons)

1 updgrade (O'Brien)

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Am I correct in thinking that we have 5 free spots on our list currently? 6 out and 1 in (well, upgraded).

2 retired (Van Berlo, Jeansch)
3 delisted (Lowden, Grigg, Henderson)
1 traded (Lyons)

1 updgrade (O'Brien)
That's the way things stand right now. :thumbsu:

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So this is what things may look like at the draft:

53 - Ben Jarman (somewhere around here)
89 - Michael Barlow (DFA) - Well, before the draft, but you get the idea
?? - Reilly O'Brien (upgraded rookie) - Our last pick, whatever that is

Bacon8

Cancelled
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So this is what things may look like at the draft:

53 - Ben Jarman (somewhere around here)
89 - Michael Barlow (DFA) - Well, before the draft, but you get the idea
?? - Reilly O'Brien (upgraded rookie) - Our last pick, whatever that is

Upgrades no occur at the draft. They just happen.

Bacon8

Cancelled
May 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I think they still technically happen via the draft, they're just not listed in the draft selections any more. Either way, it's a technicality.

Technically, they are transferred, not drafted.

A Club may apply to the AFL to transfer a Player or Players from its Rookie List onto its Primary List:
(i) on the day when its Primary List is lodged with the AFL prior to the National Draft Selection Meeting under Rule 6.1 by lodging with the AFL the form prescribed in Schedule 1 as Form 33. In which case, the Club shall forfeit its last selection or, if more than one player, its last and each previous draft selection at the National AFL Draft Selection meeting.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Technically, they are transferred, not drafted.

A Club may apply to the AFL to transfer a Player or Players from its Rookie List onto its Primary List:
(i) on the day when its Primary List is lodged with the AFL prior to the National Draft Selection Meeting under Rule 6.1 by lodging with the AFL the form prescribed in Schedule 1 as Form 33. In which case, the Club shall forfeit its last selection or, if more than one player, its last and each previous draft selection at the National AFL Draft Selection meeting.
So the National Draft still provides the mechanism for the player moving from the rookie list to the senior list. This is required if rookie upgrades are to count towards the mandatory 3x National Draft selections.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The AFL.com article listing all the changes says:
"Retained Rookies: Jonathon Beech, Hugh Greenwood, Alex Keath, Paul Hunter."

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-11-01/all-the-club-list-changes
We knew that Beech & Hunter had been extended. We also knew (though I didn't realise it) that Greenwood signed a 2-year deal when he joined the club, so he was already contracted for 2017.

We haven't had any confirmation of Keath's contractual situation prior to this article, released today. We know he wasn't delisted.. but we haven't seen anything indicating a 2017 contract either.

Macjoe

Got your Back
Apr 14, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFC website has updated it's player lists to reflect the latest changes, and interestingly, both Reilly O'Brien and Jono Beech are listed as senior players. There are only 3 on the rookie list: Greenwood, Keath and Hunter.
Unless there is an error, it seems we are upgrading 2 rookies.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
The AFC website has updated it's player lists to reflect the latest changes, and interestingly, both Reilly O'Brien and Jono Beech are listed as senior players. There are only 3 on the rookie list: Greenwood, Keath and Hunter.
Unless there is an error, it seems we are upgrading 2 rookies.
They moved Beech to the senior list page when he was promoted late in the season. Looks like they didn't move him back when they deleted the pages for the departed players.

Back