List Mgmt. 2016 List Management Resource Compilation Thread with Key Post-Season Dates

How do you think we did in the 2016 trade, FA and draft periods? (Answer after they've happened)

• Total voters

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Well that's a fair comment, but I don't think we did as well in the draft as a team like Brisbane or Gold Coast. As for the rookie draft, passing a pick was unusual so that's why I think we did poorly there.

Seems like a simplistic assessment of how we went in the draft with one pick below 43. Compared to The QLD teams with multiple 1st round picks.
This can only be assessed in 5 or so years.
For instance Rory Sloane in the 50's? Great value for currency spent, who is now one of the best in the AFL v Bryce Gibbs at #1 an OK player but not within the top 15-20 players in AFL not as good a pick.

A good one to keep an eye on in the future is comparing Lyons and Poholke, if Poholke is better than Lyons it's a successful draft pick or upgrade

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Trade Period: Poorly handled but the right result. Gibbs too expensive and looking back I doubt it held up other trades. Unders for Lyons but used the pick well
Free Agency: Nothing. Barlow might have been good, better than Thompson anyway
Draft: Speculative as always but our best category here
Rookie Draft: Baffled but we obviously didn't rate anyone after Davis + salary cap relief for next year, plans for our cat B's, compassionate reasons all played a part

Is there a resource showing the Agents for each of the Adelaide players?

It would be recorded at AFL house most likely, but there's no master list available to the public. It's something you could potentially research by looking at agent and agency websites, but not every player is going to be on their showing off list.

Back