List Mgmt. 2016 List Management thread - 2017 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Dees supporter, my favourite time of the season!

Goodbye Terlich, M Jones and Grimes.

Matt Jones had an ok year tbh. But deserved to go. Same with Terlich. The fact we will have Hibberd and Melksham basically play Grimes role, pretty much sealed the deal for Jack unfortunately. Newton and Michie must be just hanging on by a thread! Same with the boys on the rookie list White and King. 3 delistings isn't enough to get us into the draft fully yet, so there will be more I'm assuming, unless one or two want to get traded...

I guess Michie and Newton have the advantage of being a bit younger, therefore still room for improvement.

Grimes, Terlich and Jones have reached their prime and are good depth for a team outside the 8 but proved on the weekend in the VFL grand final they do not have what it takes when the pressure is on.

Feel from Grimes, i think we has a club let him down. Not this administration and coaching, but past ones.

Had a feeling Matt might get a one year term but i was wrong, might get a gig else where. Brisbane should go for him

Feel from Grimes, i think we has a club let him down. Not this administration and coaching, but past ones.

Had a feeling Matt might get a one year term but i was wrong, might get a gig else where. Brisbane should go for him
Brisbane are the new Melbourne. Every supporter of every club is trying to offload guys that they want to continue playing but not at their club.

I'm not sure how I feel about Matt Jones being delisted. This means that I need to find another player to verbally abuse when we're losing and everything is going wrong, and that seems like hard work.

Dean Terlich delisted - ok with that.

I'm not sure how I feel about Matt Jones being delisted. This means that I need to find another player to verbally abuse when we're losing and everything is going wrong, and that seems like hard work.

Agree with this. Life is going to seem a bit empty for a while until someone can fill the MJ whipping boy hole. Maybe Melksham could step up? I think I'm going to trial him in the role over the first 6 rounds of 2017.

Agree with this. Life is going to seem a bit empty for a while until someone can fill the MJ whipping boy hole. Maybe Melksham could step up? I think I'm going to trial him in the role over the first 6 rounds of 2017.
The guy's a natural.

Outsider: Check
Too old to have some kind of unrealistic potential hoped on him: Check
Punchable face: Check
Loves a clanger, particularly when you really don't want one to happen: Check
Drugs stuff: Check

* and I'd done such a good job forgetting that we recruited him too...

Yep, I'm sold. Welcome on board Jake!

The guy's a natural.

Outsider: Check
Too old to have some kind of unrealistic potential hoped on him: Check
Punchable face: Check
Loves a clanger, particularly when you really don't want one to happen: Check
Drugs stuff: Check

He is the perfect whipping boy. I'm looking forward to Brent Stanton's return to Essendon so he can fill the void for me.

BTW hope our clubs sort the Hibberd trade out nice and quickly. Seems the consensus on here is pick 26 which I think is fair.

I have a slightly used Jake Melksham I'd like to show you...

He is the perfect whipping boy. I'm looking forward to Brent Stanton's return to Essendon so he can fill the void for me.

BTW hope our clubs sort the Hibberd trade out nice and quickly. Seems the consensus on here is pick 26 which I think is fair.

I don't know.... take it for the windbag BS it is, but the Dr who must not be named was posting smug remarks along the lines of we're going to play hardball and try to bend essendrug over...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised with the release of M Jones, but kind of pleased. Gone are the Dees who will hang on to a Bail, Jordy, M Jones, Tapscott etc. for a year or two too long because we so short on depth. For that reason, Mitch White, Max King, one of Pedo/Dawes & one of Michie/Newton must also go...

As for Grimesy, love the bloke, still thought he had something to offer, the old administration farked him, hope he gets a gig elsewhere. But undersatnd the decision.

Feel for Grimesy but club has made the right call.
I am quick to forget he was once our captain. glory be me Neeld really did have absolutely no idea.
Terlich had to go. I'm ok with Jones going too but expected him to get another year.
Michie better go!
We've re-signed michie. 10 million over 10 years, they gave him hogans money. He will be captain next year, and will become captain-coach the year after.

We've re-signed michie. 10 million over 10 years, they gave him hogans money. He will be captain next year, and will become captain-coach the year after.
I'm too tired for this s**t

My prediction for this off-season:

OUT: Jack Grimes, Matt Jones, Dean Terlich, Ben Newton, Pick 26, Viv Michie, Max King, Chris Dawes and Lynden Dunn.
IN: Michael Hibberd, Scott Thompson (UFA), Pick #28, Pick #47, Josh Wagner (Rookie Upgrade), Rookie Draft Pick #8, Rookie Draft Pick #26, Corey Maynard (Rookie Draft Pick #44 - Cat B Rookie), Daniel Allsopp (Cat B Rookie).

Trades:

Trade #1: Michael Hibberd for Pick 26
Trade #2: Pick 44, Pick 62, Dunn and Dawes to BRIS for Pick 28 and Pick 47

Draft Priorities: A ruckman, some defenders (small/medium and KPD) and Hamish Brayshaw if possible.

Bit surprised we haven't cleaned out the rookie list yet. I could almost understand Michie getting a 2nd year but Kings and White can go

Do you mean both Kings? As in Mitch, as well as Max? Mitch was only drafted last year and then did his knee. He'd be a certainty to stay on.

Max would be on the edge but I could be tempted to re-rookie him. Still young and ruckmen take time.

Do you mean both Kings? As in Mitch, as well as Max? Mitch was only drafted last year and then did his knee. He'd be a certainty to stay on.

Max would be on the edge but I could be tempted to re-rookie him. Still young and ruckmen take time.
I think Max has fallen well over the edge mate, he's gone backwards, and has been overtaken by other people even at Casey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back