Mega Thread 2016 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get the feeling with fyfey that no matter how many individual awards he wins he wont be totally satisfied until he wins a premiership. And i reckon deep down that grand final loss especially those set shots he missed in that game cut him deep and will haunt him forever if he doesn't win a premiership.

Yep, completely agree. Read a couple of interesting interviews with the Saints players from the 2009/2010 grand finals. Some of them, particularly the guys that missed the easy goals in the 2009 game, say that they still think about moments of those games and what they could have done differently.

Hopefully Fyfey gets a shot at redemption.

You get the feeling with fyfey that no matter how many individual awards he wins he wont be totally satisfied until he wins a premiership. And i reckon deep down that grand final loss especially those set shots he missed in that game cut him deep and will haunt him forever if he doesn't win a premiership.

Kick straight and he would of also got a norm. Imagine how big he would be then in the game!!! He would then just need a coleman

Kick straight and he would of also got a norm. Imagine how big he would be then in the game!!! He would then just need a coleman

Ah but would he be considered a "good bloke" ?.

I don't give a rat's if Fyfe appears up himself around the club, his job is to drag the team along to success. Bit like your boss at work, you don't need to like them, but you can respect them.

Ah but would he be considered a "good bloke" ?.

I don't give a rat's if Fyfe appears up himself around the club, his job is to drag the team along to success. Bit like your boss at work, you don't need to like them, but you can respect them.

Agree, up himself or not, if the rest of the team followed his standard at training we would have a premiership by now.

Funny how it all works. A consistent barrage of negativity based on nothing but speculation by a few individuals has shifted the centre of our viewpoint to where we are now just accepting that Fyfe is a bit up himself. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've heard anything negative from any players/coaches/media personalities. Just lots of "It's understood" "It is believed" from a bunch of nobodies. Mundy said he is demanding but I don't think anyone has said anything along the lines of he's a FigJam.

Very similar to how Murdoch cronies pushes outlandish right wing policies/ideas in the media, not so much for acceptance but to push the centre of the argument further in their direction.

Basically everyone's getting their kicks in while we (freo) are down. Don't let them.

Funny how it all works. A consistent barrage of negativity based on nothing but speculation by a few individuals has shifted the centre of our viewpoint to where we are now just accepting that Fyfe is a bit up himself. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think we've heard anything negative from any players/coaches/media personalities. Just lots of "It's understood" "It is believed" from a bunch of nobodies. Mundy said he is demanding but I don't think anyone has said anything along the lines of he's a FigJam.

Very similar to how Murdoch cronies pushes outlandish right wing policies/ideas in the media, not so much for acceptance but to push the centre of the argument further in their direction.

Basically everyone's getting their kicks in while we (freo) are down. Don't let them.

Good post. Fyfe has risen up to a level where he's painted a very large target on his back out of envy.

Yes yes and yes on all accounts.

great post 100% agree

I know half a dozen people who've met him, (sat next to him at a charity dinner, cousin lives next door to him, that type of thing). Every one of them reckon he's incredibly humble and a genuinely nice bloke. I'll take their opinion over the media any day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How WCE would be an obvious choice for Hogan. Implying we're an irrelevance. Again. FFS - don't these campaigners know he's a Freo fan?

How WCE would be an obvious choice for Hogan. Implying we're an irrelevance. Again. FFS - don't these campaigners know he's a Freo fan?

I can't see how Hogan would be a good fit in a team without a functioning midfield.
But he's not a Freo fan - his dad is a crows fan, so he followed suit. He does look good in a Freo scarf!

Anyone see the Nat Fyfe discussion on Footy Classified last night?

I fell asleep and missed it. So wad I miss????

They played a snippet of the interview with fox at the MVP awards. Just the bit that said "it's not a question I can answer, and in an ideal world...". And then speculated that the answer didn't fill them with confidence that Fyfe would stay. Nothing new. Nothing interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back