Mega Thread 2016 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.omnycontent.com/w/playe...2c-1d04-4fff-9ab3-a68b0173f9cf&source=twitter

Mick Barlow's new Brownlow edition podcast with Fyfe, is an EXCELLENT listen.

Especially love the parts where they were practically in stitches about the reports of a rift between the playing group and Fyfe and the whole Lee Spurr wedding thing. Makes you realise the bs of the media even more.

Also Fyfe's answers on the upcoming trade period and next season for Freo are really good, enjoy.
Again everyone should listen to this. Obviously great mates with the majority of the team and throws egg on the face of media sh!te. Love Barlow

https://www.omnycontent.com/w/playe...2c-1d04-4fff-9ab3-a68b0173f9cf&source=twitter

Mick Barlow's new Brownlow edition podcast with Fyfe, is an EXCELLENT listen.

Especially love the parts where they were practically in stitches about the reports of a rift between the playing group and Fyfe and the whole Lee Spurr wedding thing. Makes you realise the bs of the media even more.

Also Fyfe's answers on the upcoming trade period and next season for Freo are really good, enjoy.
If you read between the lines at the 30.25 min mark, fyfe is clearly stating they are waiting for certain blokes to come out of contract to make a move on them. Hogan could well be one of them. I was saying to a mate the other day, that its not beyond the realms of possibility for the club to tell jessie to hold off for a year so we can keep our number 3 pick. Play the long game.

Last edited:
https://omny.fm/shows/out-of-bounds-with-michael-barlow/round-8-nathan-fyfe-vs-michael-barlow

Posting this again for anyone who hasn't seen it, great to listen to Fyfey and Mick in a less formal setting and getting to hear some of the background stories from Brownlow weekend last year.

The boys must have been running amok at Fyfe's house on the Silly Saturday last year:tearsofjoy:

Definitely a good listen. You can hear them react to the player rift with laughter.

I'll also add that Barlow definitely seems to hold no ill feelings to Ross. It may be a cover, but he talks about Ross as if he's one of the lads and not in a disrespecting way. Maybe that's his persona.

I still think Barlow will be offered a 1 year deal if there's absolutely no interest, but it would be a mentoring role like DeBoer and Mzungu had at Peel with no guarantees of playing for Freo. AND for that reason he's obviously thinking he has a few years ahead of him and needs to seek playing elsewhere, which he should receive.

Listening to him banter with Alex does highlight the character we'll be losing and that is obviously a big part of what makes a club.

https://omny.fm/shows/out-of-bounds-with-michael-barlow/round-8-nathan-fyfe-vs-michael-barlow

Posting this again for anyone who hasn't seen it, great to listen to Fyfey and Mick in a less formal setting and getting to hear some of the background stories from Brownlow weekend last year.

The boys must have been running amok at Fyfe's house on the Silly Saturday last year:tearsofjoy:
Oh my god that was hilarious.

MB: "Oi, Moose! Top our beers up! We're in form here! Play your role!"

MB: "How do you normally go as a wingman Fyfey?"
NF: "Uhhh not great.... Usually they just come home with me."
*laughter*
NF: "Can we cut that part out?"
MB: "Sure."

MB: "How do you normally go as a wingman Fyfey?"
NF: "Uhhh not great.... Usually they just come home with me."
*laughter*
Tomorrows hard hitting headline in The West Australian

"Fyfe rift with the players due to being a bad wingman: reportedly the Freo boys are jealous he pulls all the women"

Was gonna post this, but didn't wanna give it anymore attention. Disgusting, pathetic 'journalism', then says how WCE had a fair even spread.

Maybe the truth is sometimes hard to accept. Personally, I thought it was pretty telling that nobody other than Lachie was able to stamp their authority on multiple games this year. Barlow was brilliant against Port, Hill had a big game against the Cats and Walters had periods but didn't sustain it. Our midfield was an experiment for much of the time, but I reckon the votes are a pretty effectively summary of what was a terrible year - Lachie then daylight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never once believed the bullshit "rift" rumours, nothing Fyfe or his teammates have ever done or said has led me to believe there's anything but tremendous mutual respect and affection there. Not just tall-poppy syndrome but downright character assassination and it's why I love Lyon treating the media with the disdain they deserve.

Was gonna post this, but didn't wanna give it anymore attention. Disgusting, pathetic 'journalism', then says how WCE had a fair even spread.
And there is one on fairfax ss well. Just pathetic typical Eagle fanzine crap. Where were all these stories when the Eagles polled 31 votes in 2010?

At least we polled 33 in 2001!

Last edited:
GilG is on Sunday tonight!! Missed most of the storey as I was explaining to my wife that we're basically best mates. 855pm if you're interested.

Cheers, mate! Thanks for watching. We actually filmed that segment back in May. I was hoping it would run about the time my book was released in Australia. In case anyone missed it and would like to watch the Sunday Night segment, here's a link: https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-ni...01/afls-new-international-game-changer/#page1

Last edited:
Old news and notice the fabrication that Cockburn won't be ready until June next year despite it being ready Dec this year.. Trying to make out that everything Freo touches turns to s**t. :mad:
Has anything been mentioned where preseason training is going to take place? Will it all be at the new facilities or still in Freo?

Has anything been mentioned where preseason training is going to take place? Will it all be at the new facilities or still in Freo?

That's what I was also interested in. Obviously the ovals are going to be ready or are already ok but what about the building facilities?

A few of us who know the groundkeeper where told by him that the facility will be ready before xmas and they will move in Jan/Feb.They will train early pre at Freo oval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back