Mega Thread 2016 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Dodd down at Peel in a development role seemingly?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...t/news-story/931731f2be35c38b7309728ea4825c3d

He had a massive influence on my game,’’ Hayward said of Dodd, who has returned home to Perth to join WAFL club Peel Thunder, which is aligned to Fremantle.

“I’ve always been able to take a mark but probably was guilty of too often waiting for the ball to come to me.

“Brad taught me how to chase it, to go and get it. This came via the way of different leading patterns, how to read the play, when to run at the ball carrier and what areas to run into.

“He also helped build me up physically and to add more power to my forward line play but the real key was teaching me when to lead and when to run back towards goal.

“That has certainly helped make me a better player and I think that showed in the finals.’’

Brad Dodd down at Peel in a development role seemingly?

I like the idea of Brad Dodd down at Peel. He has a penchant for landing clean punches on players wearing blue and yellow - last name Read.
Phil Read rides a mean wave but needs to pick his fights - cue "Demo Derby", he got owned.
Eat puss shmeagle boy!! Brad "The hitman" Dodd.
Please don't think I condone violence - in some cases it is justified. The growing up of our club.
On another note has Dale Kickett been made a life member yet? I know he fell a few games sort of automatic qualification - but sometimes deeds and impact on a club speak greater than a requirement of games played.
- Petition to make Kicketty a life member??

I like the idea of Brad Dodd down at Peel. He has a penchant for landing clean punches on players wearing blue and yellow - last name Read.
Phil Read rides a mean wave but needs to pick his fights - cue "Demo Derby", he got owned.
Eat puss shmeagle boy!! Brad "The hitman" Dodd.
Please don't think I condone violence - in some cases it is justified. The growing up of our club.
On another note has Dale Kickett been made a life member yet? I know he fell a few games sort of automatic qualification - but sometimes deeds and impact on a club speak greater than a requirement of games played.
- Petition to make Kicketty a life member??
I don't remember Brad Dodd amongst it back then. I recall Andrew Shipp throwing a few but not Dodd and then it all got lost in the flurry of haymakers that Kickett unleashed anyway.

I don't remember Brad Dodd amongst it back then. I recall Andrew Shipp throwing a few but not Dodd and then it all got lost in the flurry of haymakers that Kickett unleashed anyway.

Check the still shot from the game with Reads face contorting like a twisted Mango - definitely Mr Dodd.
Extract: Eagle Michael Gardiner was given a two-match ban for striking Pavlich, while Brad Dodd and Phillip Read gave each other a whack and two matches off each.
PS: Gardiner should have got another 4 weeks for throwing bitch slaps. No offence intended to our female Freo bigfooty woozas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much for the exclusive interview with Ross Lyon on Channel 7. They should hang their heads in shame for that disgraceful ambush.
If Channell Eagle hung their heads in shame every time they did they did something morally questionable they wouldn't see anything but their own toes. Ever!

What happened Harry? In QLD and catch catch the local news.

As Ross is walking out of the headquarters at Freo to buy lunch:

Interviewer asks question about Johnson and Yarren
Ross responds saying sorry but I cant talk about that as they are now legal processes
Interviewer asks another slightly different question about the same thing
Ross responds the same
Repeat and then repeat again
I couldn't believe it went to air as an exclusive with Ross talking about Johnson and Yarren - unbelievable

As Ross is walking out of the headquarters at Freo to buy lunch:

Interviewer asks question about Johnson and Yarren
Ross responds saying sorry but I cant talk about that as they are now legal processes
Interviewer asks another slightly different question about the same thing
Ross responds the same
Repeat and then repeat again
I couldn't believe it went to air as an exclusive with Ross talking about Johnson and Yarren - unbelievable

It was up there with the "Ross Lyon meets with Carlton's executives in a restaurant right opposite Fremantle Oval in a sign that the soon to be out of contract coach is heading back to Melbourne" story from 18 months ago.

Once again promoted as being a scoop or exclusive interview with Ross Lyon, when in fact all it was were journalists staking out the car park of Fremantle Oval trying win a half-arsed journalism award.

Check the still shot from the game with Reads face contorting like a twisted Mango - definitely Mr Dodd.
Extract: Eagle Michael Gardiner was given a two-match ban for striking Pavlich, while Brad Dodd and Phillip Read gave each other a whack and two matches off each.
PS: Gardiner should have got another 4 weeks for throwing bitch slaps. No offence intended to our female Freo bigfooty woozas.

Jackovich was the one bitch slapping. While Gardener and Pav were going at it up one end, Jacko was slapping the s**t out of Leigh Brown. Pav and Brown both 19. Tough guys Gardener and Jackovich!

Sign? Hell I'll chisel it into granite. The bloke was a bona fide gun who played every game like it was his last. If everyone who pulled on our jumper had his pride, effort would never be an issue.

Kicketty was definitely the epitome of our struggle and fight to be taken seriously. We had no state team exceptions when started, unlike the Eagles concessions. Couldn't give a s**t really as we are better for it and staunch supporter because of the tough road to where we are.
Interesting question : Ask a large percentage of Eagles supporters who they followed in the WAFL prior to them stuffing it up. You will struggle to get them to name a team and if they do ask who played or anything about that team. Crickets -- are what you will hear - nothing - nishta .... all.

Scon - start the Kickett bandwagon brutha. That would be something for the media to report - a supporter push for Dale Kickett to become a life member. Imagine the Channel 7 and Eagles supporter melt down. - Hilarious

I've met Dale a few times and believe he's the type of fella to knock it on the head before it started cos he doesn't have the games and it'd be an insult to those that do.
Could be wrong but that's how he struck me.
Him and Cooky amaze me in their pound for pound toughness.
Dunno what their playing weights were but I'd guess around 80kg.
Commetti's 'Like a sack full of wrought iron' to describe Cooky after his hit on Mitchel White was one of the great sporting similes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back