Mega Thread 2016 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim Hagdorn compares Freo culture to the worst excesses of the Cousins-Kerr-Gardiner-Chick-Hunter-Fletcher era. On Adelaide radio.

Hackdorn makes no effort to conceal his bias. Logic has no place in his commentary.

When asked to comment about Ben Cousin's latest, Hackdorn is "a bit defensive towards the West Coast Eagles" because they've "done plenty ... extra money, tolerance, time and time again, taking him out of hospitals, jails and court ...".
Even though Hackdorn also says how in 2001, 2002 & 2003 he was hearing stories about Cousins and raising questions to be told basically that it wasn't true ... nothing here to see move on.

He then goes from this to laughter of joy when the questions turn to Freo's latest incidents that have become public and to talk of culture issues at Freo.

Umm, well Hackdorn, two of the 3 Freo players currently in the media came to Freo with some major personal issues. Their reported recent incidents since arriving at the club are minor compared to their issues prior to their arrival. I personally think Freo's culture is giving those type of players their best possible chances of succeeding.
None of the internal club issues that Hackdorn has been reporting on recently have been shown to have any truth to them.
No players have requested trades and the players who have departed Freo have done so very professionally and without a bad word to say about Freo.
I have still seen absolutely nothing to support any of this hyped up rot about troubled relationships with Fyfe and the other players, nor anything to indicate that Fyfe will be leaving. If he does leave Freo, I'm sure it will only be because of a substantially better financial and premiership offer.

I avoid Hackdorn like a plague, but every now and then I expose myself to be reminded just how sick a diseased simple life form can make you feel.

So Haselby has replaced Brad Hardie at 6PR for the 6-8pm slot from January 16th. Hardie may still be commentating games. Freo is finally out there in the media a bit.

Such a subtle thing - but I like the way RTB presents in this article.

His favourite words are still clearly, speculate, and remiss - but he almost seems relaxed yet clear in himself right now. Harvard leadership course has done some good.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...n/news-story/57565e1858a3348fc9f7dc0b369832b0
yep. Also Dale Miller: reports facts, quotes from actual sources, provides new and interesting information on subjects, doesn't unreasonably extrapolate. Well done. Others could learn from this actual journalist.

So Haselby has replaced Brad Hardie at 6PR for the 6-8pm slot from January 16th. Hardie may still be commentating games. Freo is finally out there in the media a bit.

Hasleby should be replacing Hagdorn if they had any sense. And what has Ben Cameron done wrong (apart from talking about US sports too much)?

And well done to that bloke who just rang 6PR and called out Hagdorn for the campaigner he truly is! :thumbsu:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great photos in that! Logue looks like he's a seasoned veteran already.
Yeah he looks great in that photo. Reckon we'll be seeing an early-ish debut for this guy:

Logue%20ps%20620%202016.jpg

Although Cam still looks like some kind of 1980s pr0n star... But hey if he can football I couldn't care less how he looks...

mccarthy%20ps%20620%202016.jpg

Info on Squad photo. Identify the following players for me that I can't put names to.

Back row 1st left before Sutcliffe
Back row middle between Kersten and Uebergang
Middle row end to right of Dawson
Front row middle sitting in front of Ross Lyon

Info on Squad photo. Identify the following players for me that I can't put names to.

"Tall people to the back unless you're a top 10 pick and and have signed recently, they aren't required to stand"

Hard to tell but -

Back row 1st left before Sutcliffe - Seppo
Back row middle between Kersten and Uebergang - Duman
Middle row end to right of Dawson - Cox?
Front row middle sitting in front of Ross Lyon - Weller

Last edited:
Hard to tell but -

Back row 1st left before Sutcliffe - Seppo
Back row middle between Kersten and Uebergang - Duman
Middle row end to right of Dawson - Cox?
Front row middle sitting in front of Ross Lyon - Weller

Yes! Weller with the neat haircut, I see it now. Can't see Ibbo there unless he's out of the shot.
Thinking Luke Ryan might be the first top row, but can't find any other players on our list to match the other unnamed player (but the official list on the club website is currently incomplete).

If we're going Duman middle back row, the still unidentified player is the one right of Dawson. Pretty tall. (Edit: Cox. Good call.)

Last edited:
ha. it was good of you to ring in. Thanks
The more we call him out, hopefully he will take notice and pull his freakin head in. Listened to the start of his slot on 6PR yesterday. One of his first comments " we now have another Brownlow medalist on our list "
He is just another Eagle sycophant. Hate the bastard !

I

Yes! Weller with the neat haircut, I see it now. Can't see Ibbo there unless he's out of the shot.
Thinking Luke Ryan might be the first top row, but can't find any other players on our list to match the other unnamed player (but the official list on the club website is currently incomplete).

If we're going Duman middle back row, the still unidentified player is the one right of Dawson. Pretty tall.
99% sure that its a club official next to Sutcliffe, looks to be wearing a polo and not guernsey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back