2016 Membership tally - 56,000 reached

Remove this Banner Ad

Someday for sure. I want to hit up a game either the week before or after at the MCG as well. That's my plan anyway....hopefully in 5-10 years.
Both grounds are beautiful

Should easily move into 5th and close the gap to 4th next season if we're successful this season.

It's amazing that after 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015, we're back at it in 2016 and with a squad that could realistically challenge for the next 4 seasons. That's got to bode well for future membership numbers.

Someday for sure. I want to hit up a game either the week before or after at the MCG as well. That's my plan anyway....hopefully in 5-10 years.

I just realised that I've been reading your posts and had no idea you were from the US.

I just realised that I've been reading your posts and had no idea you were from the US.

Hah, that's funny. Unfortunately I can't watch the games live since it's on so late either so I can't be on the board until Monday, which is essentially Tuesday for you guys so I miss all the fun weekend conversation.

Will actually be moving to Melb in 2017, so a Vic membership will definitely be on the cards. Hopefully we get more bloody Melb games! Pun intended :p
Look into getting a membership that gives you GF access. I got mine start of 2014 when it was $350/season before it was bumped up to well over $400 in 2015. Good one too, since it's an AFL silver club membership and get to go to a dozen or so games @ the MCG each year, so I get my moneys worth out of it. I also bought one for my partner last year as her xmas present and she was ecstatic.

I can't find the info online now, but I know that (having looked this year before renewing) the prices went up by quite a lot for guaranteed access to grand final tickets as well as the membership pack changing quite a lot. I don't know what the cost is these days for guaranteed access, but it's more than $350.

Hah, that's funny. Unfortunately I can't watch the games live since it's on so late either so I can't be on the board until Monday, which is essentially Tuesday for you guys so I miss all the fun weekend conversation.
That might actually be a good thing. We've probably calmed down a bit by then:p
Game day threads always a fun read.

Look into getting a membership that gives you GF access. I got mine start of 2014 when it was $350/season before it was bumped up to well over $400 in 2015. Good one too, since it's an AFL silver club membership and get to go to a dozen or so games @ the MCG each year, so I get my moneys worth out of it. I also bought one for my partner last year as her xmas present and she was ecstatic.

I can't find the info online now, but I know that (having looked this year before renewing) the prices went up by quite a lot for guaranteed access to grand final tickets as well as the membership pack changing quite a lot. I don't know what the cost is these days for guaranteed access, but it's more than $350.
https://membership.afl.com.au/your-2016-afl-membership#
Looks like it's $600 for Adult, $440 for concession. Might be a good investment!

Will actually be moving to Melb in 2017, so a Vic membership will definitely be on the cards. Hopefully we get more bloody Melb games! Pun intended :p
On that, with North Melbourne selling their "home game" to Tassie and Geelong "always" having their home game down Kardinia, we miss out on a couple more games a season. I do realise Geelong plays the game in Vic, but with the amount of Swans members/fans down here in Melbourne it is ridiculous that the game isn't at Etihad/MCG given the potential to get 45-50k to the game. Back in Round 20 the Cats had a home game vs. Essendon at Etihad Stadium with only 29k fans turning up. Correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure we have the biggest interstate membership of any club in the league here in Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On that, with North Melbourne selling their "home game" to Tassie and Geelong "always" having their home game down Kardinia, we miss out on a couple more games a season. I do realise Geelong plays the game in Vic, but with the amount of Swans members/fans down here in Melbourne it is ridiculous that the game isn't at Etihad/MCG given the potential to get 45-50k to the game. Back in Round 20 the Cats had a home game vs. Essendon at Etihad Stadium with only 29k fans turning up. Correct me if I am wrong but I'm pretty sure we have the biggest interstate membership of any club in the league here in Vic.

Comfortably...daylight second! s**t we will probably have more Victorian based members than Norf next year.

https://membership.afl.com.au/your-2016-afl-membership#
Looks like it's $600 for Adult, $440 for concession. Might be a good investment!
I don't know if the equivalent membership that Sydney gives is still as good as the one I got in 2014, because I know that its changed and that you have to pay a lot more for guaranteed grand final access. Makes sense since the membership has increased like 15,000+ since the start of 2014.

Awesome...then mine counts! Thanks
What about all of the free red zone memberships that were given to ANZ Stadium members? they meet all of the criteria aside from the $50. Surely they would be counted too?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back