2016 membership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

39k official would be a good result, even if we pass 40k unofficially once the cutoff happens.

consider also that our crowds have improved 55% from 2015 with a 11k increase per game average. We have done well enough. Sometimes people forget about the crowd.

consider also that our crowds have improved 55% from 2015 with a 11k increase per game average. We have done well enough. Sometimes people forget about the crowd.
Agreed

We've had over 40k for our games against Victorian opposition and every game against Interstaters has been at least 25k

The week off comes at a good time for us considering the record lows in temperature and crowds. I know the MCG is the home of football but I really prefer going to Docklands instead, especially with this weather. Not withstanding the rent of it etc. but just objectively as a venue.

The week off comes at a good time for us considering the record lows in temperature and crowds. I know the MCG is the home of football but I really prefer going to Docklands instead, especially with this weather. Not withstanding the rent of it etc. but just objectively as a venue.
Etihad crowds are definitely more consistent than G crowds in that regard, though Saints Cats was disappointing on the weekend only 28k I think, down on 41k the week before with us.

Amazing what a half decent fixture can do. 2015, 80% of our home games last year were v interstate teams, or at least it seemed it. This year, we've hosted Hawks, Cats, Crows (who tend to have fair amount of travelling fans) with Tigers and North still to come.

Amazing what a half decent fixture can do. 2015, 80% of our home games last year were v interstate teams, or at least it seemed it. This year, we've hosted Hawks, Cats, Crows (who tend to have fair amount of travelling fans) with Tigers and North still to come.
Don't forget a Friday night date with Pies and a Saints game as well.

Purposely left the Saints up, not expecting a huge crowd. Pies should turn up for Friday night even though they hate Etihad.
Saints aren't great but nowhere near as bad as hosting the Dee's at Etihad. It's like Dee's fans are vampires and Etihad is a clove of garlic.

Saints aren't great but nowhere near as bad as hosting the Dee's at Etihad. It's like Dee's fans are vampires and Etihad is a clove of garlic.
To be fair, the Dees performances reflect the same issue described above, so maybe its a club wide thing - not just the supporters...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the official cut off was at the end of July. Could be wrong but seem to remember thinking it was a weird time for the cut off previous years.
I understand it to be end of June. In any case, the club ain't gonna say no to new members, no matter when they sign up.
It was end of July in 2015.

Purposely left the Saints up, not expecting a huge crowd. Pies should turn up for Friday night even though they hate Etihad.
Pies supporters will not turn up unless they start winning (see last weekend). Likewise the number of tigers and saints that come will depend on their form at the time! What would be an interesting data set would be to look at the average home attendance as a percentage of members. Norf hardly ever get large crowds yet they spruik about their membership numbers, likewise the hawks. Pies - 80.000 members yet only 23000 turn up to a home game!! Apart from the interstate teams in SA and WA, I think our numbers would stack up pretty well if these figures were calculated. Any mathematicians out there who could come up with this comparison?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back