Club History 2016 Milestone Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are (hopefully) all of the possible milestone games for next season. Will try to update the thread every round next year if no one else is able to.

If I've missed anything or something is incorrect feel free to add.

AFL Milestones
200 AFL Games

Justin Westhoff (Achieved)

150 AFL Games
Robbie Gray (Achieved)

100 Consecutive AFL Games
Brad Ebert (Achieved)

100 PAFC AFL Games (Father-Son Eligibility)
Brad Ebert (Achieved)

100 AFL Games (Father-Son Eligibility)
Chad Wingard, Paul Stewart (Achieved)

50 Consecutive AFL Games
Hombsch (Achieved)

50 AFL Games
A.Young, Polec, Neade, Impey (Achieved)

PAFC AFL Debut

Charlie Dixon, Jimmy Toumpas (Achieved)

AFL Debut
Howard, Byrne-Jones, Austin, Palmer, Snelling, Bonner (Achieved)

SANFL Milestones
50 SANFL Games as PAFC Captain
Steven Summerton (Achieved)

50 SANFL Games

Tom Clurey, Brendon Ah Chee (Achieved)

PAFC SANFL Debut
Toumpas, Polec, Carlile, Schulz, White (Achieved)

SANFL Debut
Johnson, Hewett, Corcoran, Bonner, Snelling, Houston, Rudloff & Agius (Achieved)

Last edited:
Justin Westhoff 200 games.
View attachment 199522

At which point we must win a premiership before he retires as no Port Adelaide Football Club player in history (SANFL: 1870-1996, AFL: 1997-Present) has ever played 200 senior games and not won a flag.

At which point we must win a premiership before he retires as no Port Adelaide Football Club player in history (SANFL: 1870-1996, AFL: 1997-Present) has ever played 200 senior games and not won a flag.
Wow. That is quite a record.

Wow. That is quite a record.
Well the first guy who was recognised as playing 200 games for the club was in 1959 - Ted Whelan, so its not that surprising.

Bobby Quinn is shown in some records as having played 200 games and others not, and his 200 might included non SANFL games for Port, states games in his total and I know he played for the combined Port/West Torrens team in 1944 but dont know how many games he played that year.

Given our 12 year stretch of no flags between 1966 and 1976 seasons, its probably a little unusual that there is no one from that era, but there are quite a few over 150 who played in that 11 seasons and didnt either play in one before 1966 or after 1976.

Given who has played 200 in the AFL, Kane played 231 games after the 2004 flag, Dom 185, Lade 110, Chad 117, Peter 85, Tredders 100 after the 2004 flag.

Last edited:
Hoff's 200th should be against the Swans in Round 20. Not only do we need to win that because we've beaten Sydney once in the last ten years, but we've never won a Hoff milestone match before. But Boak on the other hand, we've never lost one of his milestone matches. If he plays every game he'll play his 200th in the first week of finals :D

But in regards to Westhoff again, I'm pleased that he'll bring up his double ton next year. Fair effort for a Pick #71 and for a bloke who copped so much criticism, mainly from 2008-2012. This might be stretching it a bit I know...but I reckon he could possibly play 300. He's a very fit and agile player who doesn't get injured much. I can see him playing until he's 33 or 34.

This might be stretching it a bit I know...but I reckon he could possibly play 300. He's a very fit and agile player who doesn't get injured much. I can see him playing until he's 33 or 34.

It's in his genes. His dad played until he was 900.

Here's his Football card.

l3cRcBBoR0SR053bSW2bh-lRurOcclEqrQZoioaFIWU.jpg

Hoff's 200th should be against the Swans in Round 20. Not only do we need to win that because we've beaten Sydney once in the last ten years, but we've never won a Hoff milestone match before. But Boak on the other hand, we've never lost one of his milestone matches. If he plays every game he'll play his 200th in the first week of finals :D

But in regards to Westhoff again, I'm pleased that he'll bring up his double ton next year. Fair effort for a Pick #71 and for a bloke who copped so much criticism, mainly from 2008-2012. This might be stretching it a bit I know...but I reckon he could possibly play 300. He's a very fit and agile player who doesn't get injured much. I can see him playing until he's 33 or 34.

I'm sure he will be rested for two minor round games ;)

Carlton had a pretty good record as well until July 2011 and Ryan Houlihan. Looked up those 30 players and the only one not to win a flag was Lance Whitnall, so they made it to 2006, Whitnall's last year was 2007.

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2011-07-21/hoops-readies-for-game-200
Houlihan’s crack at game No.200 was assured by way of a simple phone call from his old teammate “Ratts” on Wednesday night. In chesting the banner at Etihad Stadium on Friday, he earns an unwelcome status as Carlton’s first 200-gamer not to have represented his team in a Grand Final - and there are 30 members of that coveted 200 club to have gone before him.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2011-07-21/hoops-readies-for-game-200

Here are (hopefully) all of the possible milestone games for next season. Will try to update the thread every round next year if no one else is able to.

If I've missed anything or something is incorrect feel free to add.

AFL Milestones (26 possible games to go)
200 AFL Games

Travis Boak (23 to go)
Justin Westhoff (19 to go)
Paddy Ryder (12 to go)

150 AFL Games
Matthew Broadbent (25 to go)
Robbie Gray (14 to go)

100 PAFC AFL Games (Father-Son Eligibility)
Brad Ebert (7 to go)

100 AFL Games (Father-Son Eligibility)
Jasper Pittard (24 to go)
Matthew Lobbe (16 to go)
Paul Stewart (13 to go)
Chad Wingard (11 to go)

50 PAFC AFL Games
Jared Polec (21 to go)
Nathan Krakouer (6 to go)

50 AFL Games
Jimmy Toumpas (23 to go)
John Butcher (22 to go)
Kane Mitchell (19 to go)
Jake Neade (16 go to)
Jarman Impey (15 to go)
Aaron Young (8 to go)
Jared Polec (5 to go)

PAFC AFL Debut
Charlie Dixon, Jimmy Toumpas (1 to go)

AFL Debut
Austin, Palmer, Howard, Frampton, Byrne-Jones, Bonner, Johnson, Snelling, Hewett & Houston (1 to go)

SANFL Milestones (22 possible games to go)
200 SANFL Games

Steven Summerton (22 to go)

100 SANFL Games
Sam Gray (8 to go)

50 PAFC SANFL Games
Tom Clurey (20 to go)

50 SANFL Games
Louis Sharrad (20 to go)
Anthony Biemans (Yet to re-sign but is training at the club) (19 to go)
Karl Amon (18 to go)
Matthew Lobbe (15 to go)
Nathan Krakouer (14 to go)
Darcy Byrne-Jones (12 to go)
Aaron Young & Tom Jonas (10 to go)
Brendon Ah Chee (8 to go)
Tom Clurey (4 to go)

PAFC SANFL Debut
Jimmy Toumpas (1 to go)

SANFL Debut
Bonner, Johnson, Snelling, Hewett, Houston, Corcoran + Max of 7 possible new Magpies players (1 to go)
Don't you KNOW NOTHING!! Sargent Schulz has played 187 - 116 for us and 71 for the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 Milestones:
Charlie Dixon to make his PAFC AFL Debut.
Jimmy Toumpas to make his PAFC SANFL Debut.
Also Aidyn Johnson, Cam Hewett & Tom Corcoran to make their SANFL Debuts.

Last edited:
Bobby Quinn is shown in some records as having played 200 games and others not, and his 200 might included non SANFL games for Port, states games in his total and I know he played for the combined Port/West Torrens team in 1944 but dont know how many games he played that year.

Quinns games total would be a skewed by the SANFL. They decided that "when players joined the AIF, the games played by their club whilst they were on active service counted the same as if actually playing for their club." - Bound For Glory, John Wood.

Therefore, Quinns games played don't actually represent the games he played in, rather the games he would have played in if not for the war. This might be the reason for the discrepancy.

Edit: sorry for the weird late reply, didn't check the date of your post.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back