List Mgmt. 2016 NAB AFL Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Levi come on as a Spalding type chf where he has the flexibility to roam, provide forward pressure and take marks which lead to scoring opportunities. His ball use is decent, excepts where the big sticks are involved. He has to take a big bodied defender which takes the bullocking work off Harry and allows him to grow without being beaten up.

Levi can also ruck Tippett and Boyd style. I would love to see Levi get a crack without such a weight of expectation and better ball delivery.

For that reason, I think we look at Barlow to allow Cripps, Barlow, Brodie (hopefully), along with depth mids, to free up Murphy and Gibbs to run outside and deliver the ball with class. Create some easier scoring opportunities for the kids to grow into.

Would love to see Levi come on as a Spalding type chf where he has the flexibility to roam, provide forward pressure and take marks which lead to scoring opportunities. His ball use is decent, excepts where the big sticks are involved. He has to take a big bodied defender which takes the bullocking work off Harry and allows him to grow without being beaten up.

Levi can also ruck Tippett and Boyd style. I would love to see Levi get a crack without such a weight of expectation and better ball delivery.

For that reason, I think we look at Barlow to allow Cripps, Barlow, Brodie (hopefully), along with depth mids, to free up Murphy and Gibbs to run outside and deliver the ball with class. Create some easier scoring opportunities for the kids to grow into.

I think the first hope is for Levi to get the basics right. We don't benefit from him taking a big bodied defender because that same defender will create rebound opportunities and if Levi still manages to hang on to a mark for a shot, chances are it's not going to be a goal.

I think the first hope is for Levi to get the basics right. We don't benefit from him taking a big bodied defender because that same defender will create rebound opportunities and if Levi still manages to hang on to a mark for a shot, chances are it's not going to be a goal.

I don't want him taking a whole lot of shots on goal. Be a presence, crash packs, make tackles, chase and be part of the system. I would love to see him play with the pressure of needing to kick a bag to substantiate his position. To do that we need more efficiency across the ground and more avenues to goal.

Leading CHF and mobile ruck roles are best suited for Levi. His field kicking is pretty good most of the time and he's quite fit,
He was carrying an injury or 2 last season, he could provide a marking option in the a/m roles without the goal kicking yips interfering with his game, any goals are a bonus.

Will kick a bag of 6 goals in a game this upcoming season .... bookmark it.

Once he gets over the injuries and the opposition has other dangerous forwards to worry about, he will get enough of it in scoring positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look forward to remembering this at some stage in 2017. Might be some muted celebration on my part when it happens.

Crows can't stop being arseholes can they.

New quote from Fagin on afl website saying how they felt they put forward an 'aggressive' offer for Gibbs that was apparently 'acknowledged as fair by the industry' but Carlton wouldn't budge.

Firstly, how the hell is pick 13 and a third 'aggressive' trading. they threw Kelly in at the end but he basically lessens the value of the trade, not enhances.

And no I doubt everyone in the industry agrees it was a fair deal...stop trying to save yourself by making Carlton look like the unreasonable party.

Crows can't stop being arseholes can they.

New quote from Fagin on afl website saying how they felt they put forward an 'aggressive' offer for Gibbs that was apparently 'acknowledged as fair by the industry' but Carlton wouldn't budge.

Firstly, how the hell is pick 13 and a third 'aggressive' trading. they threw Kelly in at the end but he basically lessens the value of the trade, not enhances.

And no I doubt everyone in the industry agrees it was a fair deal...stop trying to save yourself by making Carlton look like the unreasonable party.

Who cares what anyone says any more?

We had a house that we didn't want to sell, but the potential buyer thought they'd flex muscle and use unscrupulous tactics.
The potential buyer really should should have been smart enough to work out that it would have had to pay overs to the vendor to sell something they really didn't want to. That would have been the obvious course of action to make the deal work.
No point complaining to the real estate agent that they put in a good offer that may be recognised as 'industry fair' and that we should have taken it, because it was in our interest to do so.

The logic is..........illogical. :)

The Carlton hate won't let them admit it but we survived that debacle and came out looking stronger for it. Crows look foolish after leaking mid year they wanted a big name mid and trying to force Bryce's hand on day one of trade period.

All the noise and excuses in the media is just self preservation from their recruiting team, the power brokers must be annoyed.

Who cares what anyone says any more?

We had a house that we didn't want to sell, but the potential buyer thought they'd flex muscle and use unscrupulous tactics.
The potential buyer really should should have been smart enough to work out that it would have had to pay overs to the vendor to sell something they really didn't want to. That would have been the obvious course of action to make the deal work.
No point complaining to the real estate agent that they put in a good offer that may be recognised as 'industry fair' and that we should have taken it, because it was in our interest to do so.

The logic is..........illogical. :)

The kicker is that our house took photos of itself and emailed to the buyer, which set the whole chain of events in motion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back