Prediction 2016 NAB Challenge Line-up Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Thursday Feb 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we played GWS we murdered them by 10 goals and honestly the score line flattered them. They kicked 11.2. The difference that game? They had Ward, Griffen, Cameron etc. who are missing this week. You know who we didn't have? Stringer.

Doggies will win by a lazy 10 goals without breaking a sweat.
At 37 degrees sweat is a given. :( IMO dangerous conditions for playing footy. Didn't we cop a day like this in WA once?

At 37 degrees sweat is a given. :( IMO dangerous conditions for playing footy. Didn't we cop a day like this in WA once?

It will have cooled off by 7 and will continue to cool down as the game progresses. Will be fine. Extended bench, unlimited interchange. I'm sure the boys will take is easy and cruise home to a healthy win and a solid hitout.

It will have cooled off by 7 and will continue to cool down as the game progresses. Will be fine. Extended bench, unlimited interchange. I'm sure the boys will take is easy and cruise home to a healthy win and a solid hitout.
Not sure about how much it will actually cool. It's been bloody hot up here, until late in the night.

Not sure about how much it will actually cool. It's been bloody hot up here, until late in the night.
Last night at 7pm it was still 33.8. Had dipped to 28.7 by 8:30pm (roughly when half time will be). That's no conditions for playing safe and serious footy.

It's forecast to be hotter than yesterday. It's already 28.6 at 9:30am (yesterday 25.5 at this time).
The only good thing is the humidity is usually fairly low compared to coastal cities - under 25% at 7pm.

It was funny when we were playing in Cairns, first half we were atrocious, looked like couldn't run we were knackered. Suddenly night fell, the temp cooled and we seemed to get going. Not sure if temp based or just a momentum.

Last night at 7pm it was still 33.8. Had dipped to 28.7 by 8:30pm (roughly when half time will be). That's no conditions for playing safe and serious footy.

It's forecast to be hotter than yesterday. It's already 28.6 at 9:30am (yesterday 25.5 at this time).
The only good thing is the humidity is usually fairly low compared to coastal cities - under 25% at 7pm.

Come on DW, 26 man squad, surely we can handle this. We deliberately had a 10 day training camp in the heat and humidity, don't see any issues here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who did not make the squads, the untold story !!!!!

Tom Boyd Versus JEREMY CAMERON
Tom Liberatore Versus Toby Greene (call it a draw)
Zaine Cordy Versus NICK HAYNES
Clay Smith Versus DEVON SMITH
Lin Jong Versus RYAN GRIFFEN
Joel Hamling Versus HEATH SHAW
Josh Dunkley Versus CALLAN WARD
Luke Goetz Versus Matthew Flynn (no contest)
Bailey Williams Versus STEVE JOHNSON
Jack Redpath Versus SHANE MUMFORD
Josh Prudden Versus Tom Downie (no contest)
Fletcher Roberts Versus Tim Mohr (Roberts tko)
Brad Lynch Versus Daniel Lloyd (no contest)
Paul Ahern Versus Roarke Smith (no contest)
Stewart Crameri Versus Cam McCarthy (both no show disqualified)

What does this prove ? It proves i know who was not in the 29 man
squads and little else or is there a hidden message when you play
the post backwards.:eek:

Come on DW, 26 man squad, surely we can handle this. We deliberately had a 10 day training camp in the heat and humidity, don't see any issues here.
I hope you're right. And by the second half the conditions should be much more favourable.

It's really just bad luck with the weather. Normally a Canberra night game in late Feb would be played in low to mid-20s. As it turns out, today will be one of the hottest days of the year for Canberra.

My concern is not just for our boys - I just think they shouldn't send professional footballers out in 30 degree heat (cricket, golf, lawn bowls and swimming are obviously different). It's not just a case of getting them to "toughen up". High intensity athletic activity in the heat can be dangerous to anyone's health, including elite athletes. In extreme cases it can lead to permanent muscle or organ impairment and even death. The risks shouldn't be underestimated.

Even our summer training is done to avoid the hotter parts of the day and is modulated so that anyone (or the whole group) suffering the effects can back off. That's not so easy with a NAB game. And although we have a bench of 8 that still means each player is out there for an average of 70% of the game.

Assuming no individual has a melt-down I'd still be concerned that the whole squad that are playing will need longer than normal to recover and that might affect our conditioning regime going into March.

I hope you're right. And by the second half the conditions should be much more favourable.

It's really just bad luck with the weather. Normally a Canberra night game in late Feb would be played in low to mid-20s. As it turns out, today will be one of the hottest days of the year for Canberra.

My concern is not just for our boys - I just think they shouldn't send professional footballers out in 30 degree heat (cricket, golf, lawn bowls and swimming are obviously different). It's not just a case of getting them to "toughen up". High intensity athletic activity in the heat can be dangerous to anyone's health, including elite athletes. In extreme cases it can lead to permanent muscle or organ impairment and even death. The risks shouldn't be underestimated.

Even our summer training is done to avoid the hotter parts of the day and is modulated so that anyone (or the whole group) suffering the effects can back off. That's not so easy with a NAB game. And although we have a bench of 8 that still means each player is out there for an average of 70% of the game.

Assuming no individual has a melt-down I'd still be concerned that the whole squad that are playing will need longer than normal to recover and that might affect our conditioning regime going into March.
WA and Qld play in it regularly. Question is if they have a clause in the cap where it can be expanded in the heat. If guys start dropping due to heat stroke etc and unable to be rotated off, then i imagine the AFLPA and worksafe will have plenty to say.

30 isn't very hot DW. I played cricket when it was 44 - that was too hot but anywhere up to 35 is bearable IMO. Just remember they're very fit boys.

If we lose then the season is over and we are no good hacks that are gonna collapse this year right? Just gotta get the appropriate Bigfooty response to a NAB game correct. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back