List Mgmt. 2016 NAB Draft Picks #9 and #19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Whats your prediction, type of player and player at each of those picks?

#9 I think we go best mid available. (Nankervis adventure will surely make recruiters think what was the point). If Taranto is there we get him. After him SPS from WA or Ainsworth if he's dropped.

#19 I think we go speedy mid/fwd. Simpkin if there, Florent if not, then best non tall available.

Worry about talls later after we grab another mid.

What's your prediction for #9 and #19?

9. Logue or Taranto if available but think that's unlikely. Don't think we could go wrong with either as Logue has great speed and athletic ability for a player of his size plus looks to have a booming left foot kick and good hands. Taranto just appears to be one of those players who ooze class and the game comes easy to them. Similar to a Sidebottom or Dane Swan. Good finishing skills and finds the footy at will. Would expect Gold Coast to take him with one of their 3 picks before us.

Pick 19. Depends on who we get at 9. If we do get Logue then I'd expect us to draft one of the many good outside speedy mids that should still be available. In no particular order I don't think we could go wrong with one of: Powell-Pepper, Venables, Simpkin, Berry, Bolton, Florent, Galluci, Witherden or Hayward.

If we go with a mid with our first pick I wouldn't be disappointed if Marshall or English slipped to our second pick or us use it on Battle, Kerr, Rotham or Brennan Cox.

Either way I think we'll get 2 quality players who will add to our depth and hopefully even push for selection in 2017!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do feel that the Swans are looking at Logue as pick of 14 would not have done the job. West Coast would have taken him at 12. I feel their priority was just getting a selection prior to West Coast.

I do feel that the Swans are looking at Logue as pick of 14 would not have done the job. West Coast would have taken him at 12. I feel their priority was just getting a selection prior to West Coast.

Reading more about him and seeing clips on youtube, Logue & Aliir are 2 key defensive pillars that we could build a defence around for the next 10 years. With the mids/pace that will be available at our #19 pick, I am really warming up to his selection.

Reading more about him and seeing clips on youtube, Logue & Aliir are 2 key defensive pillars that we could build a defence around for the next 10 years. With the mids/pace that will be available at our #19 pick, I am really warming up to his selection.
I really think it's important to replace Grundy so that we can let Rampe do what he does best

I really think it's important to replace Grundy so that we can let Rampe do what he does best
Grundy will need to be replaced just as Richards was, however that time is not now. I would have been one of Grundy's biggest critics in the past however his past two years have been of the highest quality. At only 30, there is every reason to suggest Reg still has 3-4 years to go. If Logue was to do a similar apprenticeship as Allir did, he will step into Reg's spot after a few years of learning his craft. Perfect timing.

I really don't know who were are targeting at 9, I guess we have taken a look and run some scenario's and reckon we are a strong chance of getting something there. Maybe Sam Petrevski-Setton or an unmatched GWS bid? I'm really not sure.

At 19 I reckon there is probably a lot of different scenarios but I hope the thinking is Galluci, Bolton, Powell-Pepper Simpkin Venables

One thing I know is a really hope we stay away from scrimshaw, I just think he won't make it, everything I have read on him mentions that he doesn't have a best position or role, and doesn't like getting his hands dirty. He is also very tall and lithe, so he seems like the sort of player that could get injured for long periods of time, and just generally not be brave when he is called upon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back