List Mgmt. 2016 NAB Draft Picks #9 and #19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logue is 193cm, he's a few centimetres short of a genuine gun key defender. Hes another rampe if he makes it. Rather take a gun mid.

Grundy is 192, Rance is 194. Logue at 193 is more than tall enough considering his athletic abilities.

Logue is 193cm, he's a few centimetres short of a genuine gun key defender. Hes another rampe if he makes it.

I thought I would have a look at the heights of all the best KPDs this season. Players that were at AA level this year.

Alex Rance: 194 cm
Heath Grundy: 192 cm
Robbie Tarrant: 196 cm
Daniel Talia: 196 cm
Jeremy Mcgovern: 195 cm

You are right that he is a couple of cm shorter than a few of the other defenders but compared to Grundy/Rance he matches up quite well. Where as Rampe is only 188cm so realistically his height is closer to the best KPDs in the game compared to Rampe.

If we pick him it's because we like him as a utility. How would you feel about a guy that's got a similar game to Rampe but with 4-5 cms on him lining up on a wing or at stoppages?

I wonder if he actually has a definite position in recruiters eyes? I reckon if we were drafting him as a winger, he would really have to be as proven in that position as some of the other mids/fast paced players expected in the draft range.

Aliir, Rampe, Johnson, Logue.. Certainly would be a different level of mobility to Grundy, Ted, Laidler, McVeigh.

(Not saying drop Grundy - obv one of our first picked next year)

We need them to take English off the table so Beatson cant pick him.

I can't see us taking a ruckman in the first round. I want us to get one later in the draft or in the rookie draft though. I like having a project Ruckman especially with Derx & Nanker leaving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you reckon they will just wait a year to be in M. Adams ear?

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Possibly. They also have Alex Pearce who is great but injured

It's a tough one. I would take him because he offers attacking from the backline. Really hoping they see it differently and take English or SPS

Possibly. They also have Alex Pearce who is great but injured

It's a tough one. I would take him because he offers attacking from the backline. Really hoping they see it differently and take English or SPS
Freo I feel and GC are the unpredictable teams in the draft.

Freo I think they traded down because who they were targeting would be there at 7 and they have a few deficiencies especially up forward.

But GC with 4, 6 & 8 could be really unpredictable especially with Bowes and when he gets bid on.

Freo I think they traded down because who they were targeting would be there at 7 and they have a few deficiencies especially up forward.

But GC with 4, 6 & 8 could be really unpredictable especially with Bowes and when he gets bid on.

Agree about GC. They nearly have as many picks as they have needs.

Reckon Bowes will get bid on quite early and they'll end up with taranto

Reckon Bowes will get bid on quite early

It just depends who bids... Brisbane/Carlton are the only 2 teams I can see bidding on him before our pick. Brisbane would love him as he is a Queenslander and could be the best in the draft but will they bid?? Carlton if he is still there could bid on him, but again will they? Setterfield is also around the mark for Carlton to bid on.

It could change the top 10 quite a lot I reckon, where as GWS boys won't as GWS will be matching with low picks.

Edit: Its hard to know what will happen when academy clubs have 7 of the top 10 picks before bidding

It just depends who bids... Brisbane/Carlton are the only 2 teams I can see bidding on him before our pick. Brisbane would love him as he is a Queenslander and could be the best in the draft but will they bid??

It could change the top 10 quite a lot I reckon, where as GWS boys won't as GWS will be matching with low picks.
I reckon Carlton bidding is a no-brainer at least

Reckon Brisbane will probably bid at 3. I would

I reckon Carlton bidding is a no-brainer at least

Reckon Brisbane will probably bid at 3. I would

I edited my post before you quoted, but not much added. If I was Brisbane I would bid. If I was Carlton I would bid.

I think Bowes gets bidded on at 2 or 3, 2 if Mcgrath is gone at 1.

Admittedly a great weight. Too much of this Logue love and I'll eventually come around.

Haha, there is still more than a month to go before the draft. God I wish it wasn't such a gap between the trade period and the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back