List Mgmt. 2016 NAB Draft Picks #9 and #19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all over us getting Brodie but I don't rate the Brennan Cox selection that we've been linked to. Admittedly I've only seen his YouTube highlights but his kicking looked pretty sloppy. I'd much rather us look for speed - a Florent, Gallucci, Bolton or Cedric Cox

Hmmm she has us bidding on GWS academy player Isaac Cumming (which seems a bit early), he got a late call up to attend the draft today...

She has a good point, I questioned it at first but i fired up the draft machine and admittedly, he is a player we need. Beautiful kick of the footy, can run and is also from Sydney, I would still be skeptical if we passed on Brodie, but we do have Newman, Foote and Marsh coming through plus more. This pick addresses a need imo.

I'm all over us getting Brodie but I don't rate the Brennan Cox selection that we've been linked to. Admittedly I've only seen his YouTube highlights but his kicking looked pretty sloppy. I'd much rather us look for speed - a Florent, Gallucci, Bolton or Cedric Cox

Florent & Gallucci no chance at being there @ our second pick.

Florent & Gallucci no chance at being there @ our second pick.

Galluci will slide to our 19 if we want him, just have some questions on whether we would bother picking him anyway, his kicking can be awful at times. Florent I agree, will go to North Melbourne.

If we Brennan Cox over Cedric I'm not going to be that thrilled. It seems again we had pick 31 where Brennan Cox would have been available, instead we are reaching at 19. That said he's a very good player with a huge scope.

Brodie is a good 2nd option. It is clear we have a preference to Simpkin, but who do Freo or GC want more.

I can't see GC taking Simpkin. It seems they have a short list of Ainsworth/McCluggage/Taranto, Scrimshaw, Bowes, Logue..... Potentially a Hayward or Brodie. Fremantle are the unpredictable team. We have no idea what they are doing.

On the late mail, the worst outcome I can see for us is Brodie & Simpkin are gone and we take Florent who is a huge flight risk.

I can't see GC taking Simpkin. It seems they have a short list of Ainsworth/McCluggage/Taranto, Scrimshaw, Bowes, Logue..... Potentially a Hayward or Brodie. Fremantle are the unpredictable team. We have no idea what they are doing.

On the late mail, the worst outcome I can see for us is Brodie & Simpkin are gone and we take Florent who is a huge flight risk.

If they are gone (Brodie and Simpkin), I can see us going for Hayward. Bit of a reach but he fills a direct need, or Scrimshaw.

If they are gone (Brodie and Simpkin), I can see us going for Hayward. Bit of a reach but he fills a direct need, or Scrimshaw.

The Swans came out said they had 3 players in mind for pick #9. I would assume Brodie, Simpkin & X...... I am not sure who the X is, but I would assume it is a player that would be available like a Florent/Hayward........

The Swans came out said they had 3 players in mind for pick #9. I would assume Brodie, Simpkin & X...... I am not sure who the X is, but I would assume it is a player that would be available like a Florent/Hayward........
I'd add Isaac Cumming to that list of Florent and Hayward

There were whispers a few weeks back we were into Hayward, so I think it probably is him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cumming would be a strange choice to bid on with our first pick. Something about how he's bolting post-season doesn't sit right with me.

And yeah, I'm not a huge fan of going with Brennan Cox with our second pick. Especially if the other Cox, Bolton, Powell-Pepper are still on the board.

Cumming would be a strange choice to bid on with our first pick. Something about how he's bolting post-season doesn't sit right with me.

And yeah, I'm not a huge fan of going with Brennan Cox with our second pick. Especially if the other Cox, Bolton, Powell-Pepper are still on the board.
Strategic choice? GWS would pass with a bid @ 9.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is minimal advantage to academy teams bidding against each other unless they really want the player. Just stupid tactics

There is minimal advantage to academy teams bidding against each other unless they really want the player. Just stupid tactics

I'd bid on Cumming at 19, he's worth it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back