Autopsy 2016 National Draft (NM Picks: 11; 32; 33; 80)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we think a fit again Garner will play more time through the middle with Clarke and Mountford. Maybe even Atley will roll through there.

Then we go after Kelly/Heaney next year with Ahern hopefully back and firing in 2018.

Just a thought?

You guys didnt target mids because you think you have a chance at a fa next year? kelly given links might be my guess.

Other less pleasing thought is that ladder expectations are not high, so mid targetting is next season.

Just a thought?

You guys didnt target mids because you think you have a chance at a fa next year? kelly given links might be my guess.

Other less pleasing thought is that ladder expectations are not high, so mid targetting is next season.
Strong rumour is that we are after Heeney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strong rumour is that we are after Heeney.

Mmm wouldn't have thought that. not doubting you, just seems like if you were drawing a mid it would be one who loves your mob and is willing to stick it out for a few years + a good leader.

I dont see heeney in that light

My thoughts exactly.

Gonna be a good draft next season based on the looks of things at the moment.

And this isn't an attack at all, please dont take it that way..

But your mob would be better off finishing 13-15 than 7-10 this coming season.

Unless you can somehow beat the dogs and makes that dream trade scenario come true haha

Mmm wouldn't have thought that. not doubting you, just seems like if you were drawing a mid it would be one who loves your mob and is willing to stick it out for a few years + a good leader.

Unless you can somehow beat the dogs and makes that dream trade scenario come true haha
I'm very much of the opinion we are in the position we are (stumbled at the final hurdle) because we played above ourselves for too long, refused to bottom out and never got the top picks some of the other clubs did (cough bulldogs cough).

Not saying we should have tanked, just saying we played better than we had the right to on paper and suffered for it list wise.

It won't be Heeney. Josh Kelly is the likely addition apparently.

I'm very much of the opinion we are in the position we are (stumbled at the final hurdle) because we played above ourselves for too long, refused to bottom out and never got the top picks some of the other clubs did (cough bulldogs cough).

Not saying we should have tanked, just saying we played better than we had the right to on paper and suffered for it list wise.
Bottoming out and FS beauties before the system got rooted.

How do we get draft winners before any have played AFL?

In terms how highly the players were rated going in. Relax, I'm not saying there players are good ours a s**t etc. That all has to play out. But they've walked away with McCluggage, Berry, Witherden and Cedric Cox all rated as likely top 20 picks.

Lol you guys dont really bottom out often. or at least not for a long bloody time

But that attitude doesn't get top draft picks.

Hard to say if that is a good thing or bad thing. i would prefer to say its a good thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back