Autopsy 2016 National Draft (NM Picks: 11; 32; 33; 80)

Remove this Banner Ad

You're making as much sense as you shout giving up pick 11 for picks in the 30s :huh:

As funny as your post is, on reflection I kind of understood what he was getting at during trade period.

He was trying to tell us that the draft is so even that we should forgo pick 11 (Venables) to get 2 picks in the 20's
(Bolton/Pepper)

He was probably on the money.

I will be calling him the draft Oracle from now on.

So we pick a slightly undersized average paced kpd that might not even play midfield, a slow inside mid with queries over his kicking and a tall half back flanker.

:huh: It is almost beyond logic that this guy is writing for an actual company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we pick a slightly undersized average paced kpd that might not even play midfield, a slow inside mid with queries over his kicking and a tall half back flanker.

You're underrating Logue he will be Rance/Tarrant type good but you're right it's pretty terrible analysis of our needs. Still I've always said it's knightmare's player analysis rather than list analysis that is the strength of his work, no one else goes into the kind of depth his profiles do.

You're underrating Logue he will be Rance/Tarrant type good but you're right it's pretty terrible analysis of our needs. Still I've always said it's knightmare's player analysis rather than list analysis that is the strength of his work, no one else goes into the kind of depth his profiles do.

He provides a great service for people on this site in terms of analysis and profiles, not sure why people get worked up about who someone has us picking.

He provides a great service for people on this site in terms of analysis and profiles, not sure why people get worked up about who someone has us picking.
No one is getting worked up, but we are certainly allowed to disagree and constructively criticise who we take as it speaks to his knowledge as a writer.

I don't mind reading KM's write ups about players. But he never picks the right players for North.

I don't mind reading KM's write ups about players. But he never picks the right players for North.
The profiles are outstanding, I'm moreso querying why we need more defenders and slow inside mids.

Correct. He's gone for players we don't need. Would think our 1st pick would be best outside/quick mid type. Not a DEF that may turn a mid.
First pick: Outside mid, second pick: Pacey in and out mid, third pick: Best available player (maybe a pacey hb player like it was suggested earlier or even a KPD depending on where Durdin plays, although we can use the rookie draft if we are going to down the kp road) fourth: Tony Olanga.

Contrary to popular opinion, I don't actually think we should target a pure outside mid like florent at pick 11. We actually have a fair few players who are purely outside, what we're lacking is basically a Wellsy-like skilled, line breaking inside/outside "general" mid. That's why if there isn't a slider I'd love to see us take Venables over Florent or Logue, and we can always pick up a pure winger like Cox, Villis or Fisher @ 32

He just mermising people with a lot of dribble.

raw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back