NCAA 2016 NCAA - Week 13 [Thanksgiving]

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Was the first down on the yard line or just before it? Because that would've been the difference
It was the first series. So only needed to touch the 15yd line

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Penn St will still get screwed if they win the Big10, no way Ohio St get left out, and if Washington win the Pac12 they should be there.
Wisconsin will beat them nextweek anyway.

But with how Washington looked yesterday, if they win nextweek you cant put the Big10 champ in over them anymore

Just be happy Michigan lost a few weeks ago. Big10 rules for 3 way tiebreaker is a coin flip.

No rock, paper scissors?

What do other conferences do? Out of conference record?

Wisconsin will beat them nextweek anyway.

But with how Washington looked yesterday, if they win nextweek you cant put the Big10 champ in over them anymore

Wisconsin might still get in, with a big win.

Penn St could lose and make it all redundant though.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I reckon ESPN could show this Monday Night Football ad a bit more. I've probably only seen it 30 times this morning.

Seriously, I'm going to have to watch Sunday Night on Gamepass (or even 7mate) tomorrow. I can't deal with that ******* terrible song any more!

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No rock, paper scissors?

What do other conferences do? Out of conference record?
for multi team tiebreakers I think all conferences have the first 3 tiebreakers the same. H2H, then Conference record. and then be record vs the same conference opponents.

Pac-12 have a analytics poll as the final tiebreaker. [If Stanford beat Washington then Stanford, Washington and Washington St would of been in this tiebreaker as 2-loss conference teams]

The ACC just changed the tiebreaker the the same as the Pac-12 but a different type of analytics poll.

Big-12 eliminates the team with the worst point differential and then goes H2H. [Or just give joined champs like a few years ago and be a laughing stock]

SEC is also a coin flip.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I reckon ESPN could show this Monday Night Football ad a bit more. I've probably only seen it 30 times this morning.

Seriously, I'm going to have to watch Sunday Night on Gamepass (or even 7mate) tomorrow. I can't deal with that ******* terrible song any more!

watched a couple of replays yesterday & yeah had the mute button on standby after a while. This one is bad but a couple of weeks ago, fmd drove me spare. They do it every week, surely they know it shits people.

How the **** did Michigan lose that. 17-7 up and they were well in control. OSU O stunk. Some bad turnovers cost Michigan big time. Haven't seen much of College this season but if those two teams are 2 & 3 i'm thinking the standard's a little lower this season.

How the **** did Michigan lose that. 17-7 up and they were well in control. OSU O stunk. Some bad turnovers cost Michigan big time. Haven't seen much of College this season but if those two teams are 2 & 3 i'm thinking the standard's a little lower this season.

Both have been much better this year. Michigan looked cooked though, and OSU seem to flat track better against weaker opponents.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pitt/Syracuse set a record for points scored in a 76-61 win for Pitt.

Syracuse Football scored more today then the Basketball team did.

And the Football game today had more points scored then 2 of the 3 Basketball games between the teams last season.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
watched a couple of replays yesterday & yeah had the mute button on standby after a while. This one is bad but a couple of weeks ago, fmd drove me spare. They do it every week, surely they know it shits people.

Yeah, I think it depends on the song. I'm well aware that they play these ******* MNF ads ad nauseum for Thursday night football, college football and Sunday night football, believe me! I just think it's the song this week that's driving me insane. It's friggen terrible.

NERDY

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2009
Life of Leisure.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Rockets, Oregon Ducks, Inter.
If Washington wins the Pac-12 title game next week v. Colorado or USC then they are guaranteed a spot. Their two best wins so far have been on the road v. Utah and Washington State and they also destroyed what's going to be a 9-3 Stanford team. People sleep on the Pac-12 when it's, in my opinion anyway, stronger than the ACC.

Clemson's loss to Pitt (even though I actually rate Pitt) is worse than Washington's, they should have lost to NC State and their title game win over Virginia Tech would not be as strong as Washington's. Also, Louisville's two straight losses to end the season devalues Clemson's best win. If anything, the argument should be between Clemson and Ohio State but in reality that's not going to happen.

As for the Penn. State v. Ohio State debate, whilst I think the Buckeyes are the better team I'm still of the belief that the Nittany Lions should get the final spot. Winning the conference and H2H is enough to override the overall resume. Funnily enough, Pittsburgh beat both Penn. State AND Clemson.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Ohio State are in. they will stay 2 this week, Clemson might jump them nextweek with a Championship.

#4 will be Washington [if they win] or Wisconsin [If they win] I think Oklahoma will get in over Penn State.

I dont see Penn State getting in without chaos nextweek. the soft schedule and the loss against Pitt, and noncompetitive against Michigan.

If Utah won and USC made the Pac-12 title game and beat Washington again they would been in a huge discussion between USC or Wisconsin. but would of still got in over Penn State.

NERDY

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2009
Life of Leisure.
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Rockets, Oregon Ducks, Inter.
A Big Ten title win would give Penn. State nine consecutive wins, plus the two tie-breakers over Ohio State.

I can't see Oklahoma getting a look in unless VT upsets Clemson. So can assume Clemson joins Alabama as two of the four.

If Colorado beats Washington, that's when it would get really interesting. The Buffs would have three consecutive ranked wins, and I think the committee rates the Pac-12 higher than the Big 12. The only thing for Colorado, would they get in over either Wisconsin or Penn. State? That is a huge call. A Pac-12 title win for Colorado would definitely erase all doubt about a spot for Ohio State, and I think we can all agree that the Wolverines are no shot now.

AJ_2000

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2007
Right Here.... Right Now.
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Roughnecks
Just finished watching the MSU Penn State game after a busy day.

Ohio looked to be pushing crap uphill for the first 3 quarters and still managed to turn it around even with the FG misses. I loved the game with the pressure, not a classic performance but memorable.

Harbaugh has come out after the game to flame the refs and multiple calks. I thought it was a generous spot and my initial reaction was that he didn't make it - but no angle to me showed it was categorically short.

The next week (and the one after) are going to be full of debate about who should be in.

Ohio has the strongest schedule of all the conteders. I can see the getting in ahead of either Big Ten Champs. Would be a tough call on Penn State, but they would need to crush Wisconsin to get on the radar of the top 4 without help elsewhere.

Still a heap of variables with several conference championships to shape the playoffs.

Back