2016 NEAFL thread.

eppo67

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think the Academy players should be congratulated. Never gave up against a top NEAFL team
The better ones we know - but what of lesser lights Williams Dawson and Kempe 19 diposals each and Spencer in defence - very underrated IMO
Surely keeping these locals playing together into the future is way better than bringing in yet another bunch of interstate depth players... (any coincidence Joyce is our most surprising Rookie this year)
Absolutely 110% well said. Much better than over the hill 29 to 30 year olds coming here to retire on inflated money.

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Absolutely 110% well said. Much better than over the hill 29 to 30 year olds coming here to retire on inflated money.
Also think crowd following will be increase if we have more local players for them to identify with.....

99eoFAU.png

4LIQRsG.png

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Brad Scheer 27 touches 6tackles 5 inside 50 and 5 rebound 50

If I didn't know any better by stats the past couple months if have Scheer in the top 5 and Bowes in the second round.

Fiorini 14 touches in a half of footy after 3months off..
That's O'Meara like :D

We're in good hands people

Sep 25, 2012
Geelong
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Brad Scheer 27 touches 6tackles 5 inside 50 and 5 rebound 50

If I didn't know any better by stats the past couple months if have Scheer in the top 5 and Bowes in the second round.

Fiorini 14 touches in a half of footy after 3months off..
That's O'Meara like :D

We're in good hands people
I'm really surprised people keep underrating Scheer. I guess i should be happy as we'll get to keep more draft picks.

AuTo00Z

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Read a few tweets that Jaeger came off injured yesterday, but can't find any fact or articles? Any truth?
It was just a little tightness. Most players usually play through tightness. It's very minor and suns are just being ultra-conservative. I wouldn't worry about it.

winning

All Australian
Nov 5, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I am guessing that Jack Leslie did not have a great day yesterday considering the opposition kicked 24 goals in 3 quarters.

Once again how can a reserves player be developed when playing in such a sub-standard team!

BeechyMagpie

All Australian
May 13, 2013
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United & GWS :)
It was just a little tightness. Most players usually play through tightness. It's very minor and suns are just being ultra-conservative. I wouldn't worry about it.

Great news.... I dare say most footy supporters, Suns or not are all crossing their fingers for him and hoping for the best.

winning

All Australian
Nov 5, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I did, wish I didn't

mainly Leslie

Thanks for reply as it is appreciated.

How hard must it be for Leslie to push for a senior gig when one week he is in the best players and then the next has 8 goals kicked on him. I imagine the inside 50's into the Swans forward line must have been massive.

I am sure Leslie did not lose the game for the GCS but he was on the end of it!

It must be so frustrating for these players having to front up to this week in week out.

I also imagine it must be a factor in players like JOM deciding whether to stay or go!

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Thoughts on Toby Nankervis Iva? Story last week saying some clubs are showing interest. Can't get a game even with Tippett out.
I dont know what number he was so I cant really comment, what I can say is they were better skilled, hungry, well drilled and disciplined. So I would welcome any of them to our club as we shown none of the above

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Thanks for reply as it is appreciated.

How hard must it be for Leslie to push for a senior gig when one week he is in the best players and then the next has 8 goals kicked on him. I imagine the inside 50's into the Swans forward line must have been massive.

I am sure Leslie did not lose the game for the GCS but he was on the end of it!

It must be so frustrating for these players having to front up to this week in week out.

I also imagine it must be a factor in players like JOM deciding whether to stay or go!

Leslie had no chance, he mids field dominated, running in waves and moving the ball at speed, its a pity we didint were the red/orage jumper as we were acting like traffic cones.

I am resigned to the fact Leslie will get cut at the end of the year and become a quality FB or CHB elsewhere.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Leslie had no chance, he mids field dominated, running in waves and moving the ball at speed, its a pity we didint were the red/orage jumper as we were acting like traffic cones.

I am resigned to the fact Leslie will get cut at the end of the year and become a quality FB or CHB elsewhere.

Do you think delisted or will look for a trade? Would think that a 197cm key defender with 4 years of AFL seasoning who played well in his only AFL game will have some currency - more so than a dime a dozen outside midfielder on the fringes

Greendogg

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Do you think delisted or will look for a trade? Would think that a 197cm key defender with 4 years of AFL seasoning who played well in his only AFL game will have some currency - more so than a dime a dozen outside midfielder on the fringes
Would be ridiculous to get rid of him without having a proper look at him at AFL level. The way Rory is travelling right now, I think he needs to come in and play the last six weeks or so.
I would say there would be plenty of clubs out there wanting to get him at a bargain basement price. We really have done him no favours since he has been here and it wouldn't surprise if he wants out.
I hope this is not the case and we can get a deal done.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Knowing us we will throw him in as an extra on the JOM trade to Hawtorn and he will become an all Australianand premiership player.

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
Would be ridiculous to get rid of him without having a proper look at him at AFL level. The way Rory is travelling right now, I think he needs to come in and play the last six weeks or so.
I would say there would be plenty of clubs out there wanting to get him at a bargain basement price. We really have done him no favours since he has been here and it wouldn't surprise if he wants out.
I hope this is not the case and we can get a deal done.

We need to play him now and I don't really care if every other tall KP player (other than Lynch and May) needs to miss a game each week to give us a few weeks to have a look at him.

We've seen Thommo and he can do a job but we need to see if Jack can do the same job or can give us a bit more.

If he goes well and stays great. If he goes well and wants to go we get more for him, which is better than the status quo.

If he doesn't go well then at least we know then.

Back