2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Sports_Support

Sports Support
Dec 30, 2010
Bundoora
AFL Club
Collingwood
2016 is shaping up as another belter... From what I can gather, every side has made improvements on their 2015 list so hopefully we have another competitive competition right across the divisions.

Looking forward to the new Victoria Wide combined competition, think AFLVIC have got that bang on now... Let's hope NFL can maintain our high ranking with continued buy-in from the players.

Already itching to see the T.W.Sherrin being kicked around the suburbs.

Deny, are you keen to get the tipping comp up and running...? I'm happy to be involved again - we need to have a chat shortly...!

2016 is shaping up as another belter... From what I can gather, every side has made improvements on their 2015 list so hopefully we have another competitive competition right across the divisions.

Looking forward to the new Victoria Wide combined competition, think AFLVIC have got that bang on now... Let's hope NFL can maintain our high ranking with continued buy-in from the players.

Already itching to see the T.W.Sherrin being kicked around the suburbs.

Deny, are you keen to get the tipping comp up and running...? I'm happy to be involved again - we need to have a chat shortly...!

Hey mate, yeah always happy to help out. I have been AWOL from this site for a few months, popped on tonight and was surprised at all the posts, seems a lot of people are itching for 2016.

Here's my ladder prediction for 2016:

1. Heidelberg
2. Greensborough
3. Macleod
4. Eltham
5. W P Lakeside
6. Bundoora
7. Northcote Park
8. Montmorency
9. Lower Plenty
10. Whittlesea
I think every side has a chance to make the five this year - can't see Macleod or Greensborough falling too far behind from 2015 so they'd have to be the ones to chase...

"Hes a 25 year old junior coach who applies for 10-15 senior coaching jobs per season. Some clubs get sucked in. He wont coach in the edfl anymore and after this year he wont coach in the nfl.
Good luck Bundoora you hired a complete dud."

I read this on the previous thread - little unfair I would've thought... From what I've been told... He's been hired for a very specific reason and will only help the current set up...

Also, he's a young bloke with a goal in mind and he's having a deadset crack... If it doesn't work at least he's ticked the "I shoulda column" - I'd dare say that's more than most of you arm chair experts potting him can account for...

#bennyeverywhere

He
Heard he went to Bundy?
has certainly been at the bulls this pre-season... I Haven't heard he's returned though... It's common knowledge his knee is questionable - I hope he can pull another D1 season out if his body.

Super player and great bloke.

[QUOTE="Sports_Support, post: 42494051, member: 107934""Hes a 25 year old junior coach who applies for 10-15 senior coaching jobs per season. Some clubs get sucked in. He wont coach in the edfl anymore and after this year he wont coach in the nfl.

I read this on the previous thread - little unfair I would've thought... From what I've been told... He's been hired for a very specific reason and will only help the current set up...

Also, he's a young bloke with a goal in mind and he's having a deadset crack... If it doesn't work at least he's ticked the "I shoulda column" - I'd dare say that's more than most of you arm chair experts potting him can account for...

#bennyeverywhere[/QUOTE]
When he was at Thomo and went to a edfl club for an interview during the thomo finals series in 2013.You call that having a crack? Or do you call that searching for success. Hes gone from Lalor to Thomo to Watsonia to Northern Saints in 6 years. Smell the roses buddy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he was at Thomo and went to a edfl club for an interview during the thomo finals series in 2013.You call that having a crack? Or do you call that searching for success. Hes gone from Lalor to Thomo to Watsonia to Northern Saints in 6 years. Smell the roses buddy.[/QUOTE]

I'd say quite a few would know I'm more than qualified to understand Stevie K - he has made quite a bed to lie down in, needs to rebuild his resume undoubtly and NOW I think he may've found the level/role he's suited to... Time will tell - I'm just not a fan of potters who have never sat down in a big chair...

Seems you have a fair gripe against the fella...?!?

When he was at Thomo and went to a edfl club for an interview during the thomo finals series in 2013.You call that having a crack? Or do you call that searching for success. Hes gone from Lalor to Thomo to Watsonia to Northern Saints in 6 years. Smell the roses buddy.

I'd say quite a few would know I'm more than qualified to understand Stevie K - he has made quite a bed to lie down in, needs to rebuild his resume undoubtly and NOW I think he may've found the level/role he's suited to... Time will tell - I'm just not a fan of potters who have never sat down in a big chair...

Seems you have a fair gripe against the fella...?!?[/QUOTE]

Good post Sports. Think YeahRight has made his thoughts known a few times and needs to let it rest now FFS as I'm over it.
Not all coaches are popular but some tough assignments his taken on in Watsonia and Northern Saints.
MOVE ON yeah.

Bulls Ricky Dyson suspended for 2016 as part of the WADA decision. Knock on effects in other leagues as well.
Rules are rules but disappointing for local footy.

Bulls Ricky Dyson suspended for 2016 as part of the WADA decision. Knock on effects in other leagues as well.
Rules are rules but disappointing for local footy.

I think this will also apply to Scott Gumbleton if he wishes to play or be involved in footy

Will probably finish Stant's AFL career - perhaps he'll suit up for his old club the Crazy Bears in 2017?
Only upside is the Cougar's Hal Hunter will (hopefully) get an outcome after two years out of footy. Potentially the first in a long line of litigants against the EFC/AFL.

Andrew Sturgess won't be fronting up in the NFL following two seasons in the VFL- has signed with Seymour.

[QUOTE="Sports_Support, post: 42494051, member: 107934""Hes a 25 year old junior coach who applies for 10-15 senior coaching jobs per season. Some clubs get sucked in. He wont coach in the edfl anymore and after this year he wont coach in the nfl.

#bennyeverywhere
When he was at Thomo and went to a edfl club for an interview during the thomo finals series in 2013.You call that having a crack? Or do you call that searching for success. Hes gone from Lalor to Thomo to Watsonia to Northern Saints in 6 years. Smell the roses buddy.[/QUOTE]

Bennyeverywhere you are ill informed steve left thomo due to lack of commitment from club ,he had won an under 19 premiership and did quite well at senior level with a very small budget then went to Watsonia to help out for the season he was never there in a official capacity.
And as for the northern saints the unfortunate death on the field of one of their popular players Knocked the sprit out of the place most coaches would have struggled with that team at that time .
If you have a problem with the bloke go and see him and work it out instead of potting him from behind the key board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back