2016 NFL Division 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Bergers will have u19s next year, working feverishly on it as we speak. Not much on here about Saturday's game. Bergers always had Macleod covered, very thin at the bottom, can't believe they gave away such a huge free kick before the game even started. Players voted to not play Langford, my guess is to save Doherty. As Underbelly would say bazaar. Lynch was no good anyway, Hobbs not much better, put him in the best to justify selection. Plenty of nepotism down at Macleod Rosanna. Tail wagging the dog and Ramsay fell for it, actually got coach of the year but got out coached Saturday. Let a five foot nothing seventeen year old and a six foot six thirty six year old run riot Bergers were down to one rotation, amazing stuff. Not sure Hammer, Hobbs and co will play for peanuts next year, offers will come thick and fast. Good to see the Macleod power brokers embedded in the dry area, probably trying to keep away from that disgusting rif raf on the hill, and they bang on about culture. Just to finish I am amazed they would put there current arrangement with Heidelberg at risk with that dumb Facebook post, mind boggling.

Which Facebook post are you referring too ? Some of them were simply embarrassing to say the least. One of them said "Money does buy happiness" which is stupid thing to say. What arrangements are you referring to ? I don't know of anything here you are referring to....

Hobbsy will be at Macleod 100% regardless of offers.

The Rif Raff on the hill......I'm sure there were pockets everywhere around the ground and all clubs have them. Harmless

Gaylard is the coach of the year.

Ramsay took the easy option of letting his players vote on an inclusion, and then proceeded to play two blokes who were underdone.

On the other hand, after losing the first final, Gaylard had the balls to tell an ex AFL player that there was no spot in the side. And then bringing in a 17 year old who played the first final in the two's who goes on to win the BOG medal. Masterstroke. :trophy::trophy:

Actually Gary resigned his position at Lower, then reapplied when it became open again after Steve Layt had to withdraw. It's all been said before, but a process had begun with interviews which Gary was part of. If Macleod had delayed appointing Gary a week later, he probably would have been offered the Lower job again. Unfortunately when you begin a process you have to respect those who have responded and have interviews scheduled. As for Dan, I agree he should continue at div 1, I just think he might be better at a club than can offer him more games instead of prioritising with big name recruits. Macleod would be a good fit actually.
Hey Brutal , don't worry about trying to stick up for Lower you're fighting a losing battle there. What about Boganborough on Saturday with their big signs about Magna and culture, I saw that ranga with the shrunken head Stead No 2. I think he may be captain up there organising it with all the other Bogans in their rotten ill fitting green hoodies that they get around in. Then in the last quarter after being pounded by the ball flying through the goals as HFC pumped them, they had to pack up their signs and trudge around the outer wing and watch the medal presentation from there!

Love how passive aggressive this forum is! Mashing away on the keyboards with lipstick and skirts on.
Drainbead, probably agree with you, maybe just venting some built up frustration. We appreciated your thoughts after the game but with respect you have been known to mash away, actually probably the best on here.

Drainbead, probably agree with you, maybe just venting some built up frustration. We appreciated your thoughts after the game but with respect you have been known to mash away, actually probably the best on here.

Take that as a compliment. Was said with ny tounge firmly planted in my cheek

And then bringing in a 17 year old who played the first final in the two's who goes on to win the BOG medal. Masterstroke. :trophy::trophy:

What a gun, watched him in the twos a few weeks back and wondered why he was there...head and shoulders most skilled out there.

A BOG and premiership at 17.....has to be drafted doesn't he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Slime have become a rabble since big bad bustling Bongo and his old man left.

#nobongo noborough
Didn't know winning 19's , Losing grand final in seconds to a better team on the day and having the advantage of being able to play 3 unqualified players cause their ones were in , and the 1's making a prelim means a "Rabble" well a lot of teams would like to be called that !!!
19's- 8 grand finals in a row and have won 6, good breading ground.

Didn't know winning 19's , Losing grand final in seconds to a better team on the day and having the advantage of being able to play 3 unqualified players cause their ones were in , and the 1's making a prelim means a "Rabble" well a lot of teams would like to be called that !!!
Breeding !!!

Tell us who the 3 unqualified players where

Yeah cos boro never played a vfl listed player in the twos, had him literally walk on the ground and then straight off to 'qualify' him. Suck it up princess

You do realise that arguably the best two players on the ground in the seniors, the two Irish boys, would both have been available for the reserves had the seniors not been playing? Clutching straws champ

Common practice and a loophole that needs tightening up*

*not sure how.

It is common practice last year when Boro did it with Johnston, this year when Tigers did it with Treloar and Cougers did it with McNiece.

Can it be stopped? I dunno, personally its just a fact of life (not that I like it as someone does miss out but...). Maybe the only way is making it 5 games to qualify in seniors and they must be senior games not Ressies. However this causes issues with injuries etc down the line and at the end of the day what real problem has been solved? Johnston had a good SF last year but did not drag them over the line. McNiece did not play the finals this year and Treloar, whilst he played OK in two, missed one I am pretty sure and really did not win finals for the Tigers. Maybe people look for things that in the end of the day are not there, especially with the points system in, only one or two could do this.

I see berg did put treloar down in the 2s for a few weeks, but didn't he still play 3 senior games throughout the year anyway?...
Also *Footywatcher55* who were those players that hadn't qualified properly?
Its a loophole that should be fixed.. but is nearly impossible to fix it

I think he did they only did it just in case. So he ended up being qualified but it was during Recruit that they were unsure. Agree probably impossible to fix and also something that may not need the time and energy to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back